AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by AugustWest » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:12 am

Statement from former Tar Heel men's basketball player Will Graves'' tutor:

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Coach Williams, his family, and the University of North Carolina as well as my own family and friends for the negative attention I have brought upon them. I can blame only myself for my own stupid actions. Coach Williams has stood up for me on numerous occasions and it causes me great turmoil to let him down in this way. He gave me an opportunity to finish my degree this semester and I have successfully achieved that goal, which was a lifelong dream for my family and me. Unfortunately, I have no urge to celebrate that accomplishment because of the situation I brought upon myself. I understand my actions were wrong and I take full and complete responsibility for them and am extremely remorseful for that. I plan on continuing to pursue my career as a professional basketball player and again wish to send my most sincere apologies to Coach Williams, the Carolina family and my family, as well.

Forever a Tar Heel,
Will Graves' tutor
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:08 pm

the biggest beef I have with all this BS is why only athletes are tested for marijuana use?

so campus police found some blunts & weed at a student's dwelling? Unless it's an amount that suggests distribution that's a fly by for just about anyone. citizen or student
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Are you talking about Graves?
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 pm

11-and-0.

Yawn.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Is this the squad that some UK fans seriously thought had a good chance of going undefeated this year? LOL. Not saying they won't win this game, and maybe even by a large margin (then again, maybe not), but unless they get a whole lot better real quick, they look like a borderline Sweet 16 team. But congrats on another recruiting title!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Another Onion post.

Yawn

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:42 pm

What a slam by Randle! That was awesome!! WOO-HOO!! UK wins the recruiting title AND gets the coveted "Dunk of the game" award!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:44 pm

I didn't even watch the game. I figured too many things were against us.

congrats to UNC - they've obviously turned their season in the right direction.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 pm

eCat wrote:I didn't even watch the game.
Same here.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Cal really needs to start underselling and over delivering with his teams versus leading the hype machine. UK fans don't have a tolerance for it any other way. I understand how hard it was with this class he recruited but the down side is a loss just makes the fans bitter - moreso than usual. Freshmen are fragile enough as it is without the fish bowl of Lexington turning the heat on.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:59 pm

That Roy can coach! Good job, Roy!!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm not really all that upset with the loss - at some point if this keeps up I'll be ready to write the season off but our problems are correctable - and for a group of freshmen, a loss against a ranked team on the road, 10 games into the season shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm more disappointed in a vocal minority of our fan base who 1.5 years removed from a national championship are ready to ride Cal out on a rail.

That is absurd. I respect their right to judge the coach on his merits, but I just don't see any logic to trashing him now just because we haven't won a road game against a ranked team in a few games.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Roy almost blew this one wow, Simmons in to shoot Ft at the end of game.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:57 pm

eCat wrote:I'm not really all that upset with the loss - at some point if this keeps up I'll be ready to write the season off but our problems are correctable - and for a group of freshmen, a loss against a ranked team on the road, 10 games into the season shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm more disappointed in a vocal minority of our fan base who 1.5 years removed from a national championship are ready to ride Cal out on a rail.

That is absurd. I respect their right to judge the coach on his merits, but I just don't see any logic to trashing him now just because we haven't won a road game against a ranked team in a few games.
Like I have said for years, college basketball in December is a waste. Nobody cares until after the MNC game & then half of those don't care until after the Super Bowl.

If this game was played in mid February I would expect a UK ass whipping. Way to early to care unless it is your life & if it is, get a new one

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Not talking about you e but those already calling for Cals head.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 am

[youtube]VzDcNS9lJdE[/youtube]

BTW, Kentucky has lost their last 10 games away from Rupp and the last 9 against a ranked opponent. Cal had better get the ship righted or there will be goldenbears coming out of the woodwork in Lexington.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:52 am

UK just needs an AFAm department and a safe house where ex-players can hole up and do a lot of drugs while getting their degree and he'd be all set.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 am

eCat wrote:I'm not really all that upset with the loss - at some point if this keeps up I'll be ready to write the season off but our problems are correctable - and for a group of freshmen, a loss against a ranked team on the road, 10 games into the season shouldn't be a surprise.

On the other hand, if you're calling card/MO is to recruit "one and done" players AND win championships, then instant gratification for the fans is a foreseeable result

riding Cal out is silliness, but Randle & Young are gone for sure, those two look the part & play the part.... so it's not out of the realm of utter silliness to expect early results
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:14 am

AugustWest wrote:UK just needs an AFAm department and a safe house where ex-players can hole up and do a lot of drugs while getting their degree and he'd be all set.
The bitterness is palpable as always. I am glad that you're doing well, Auggie. I would be worried if I didn't see a post like this from you.

I went to the game today. It was a good atmosphere. Some drunk college kid down the row from me was talking junk to every UK fan in sight. He told two UK fans (a couple) "Have fun fucking your sister tonight." They were walking down the aisle. I was walking out of the row into the aisle, and I get caught between him and the woman who ran back up to lunge at him. The guy didn't even say anything. It was weird in that it was a total gender role reversal. She said "Watch it. That's my husband." She then lunged at him. It was just weird.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.