[youtube]QF0SgPiXkKI[/youtube]

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Bklyn wrote:I don't like your team's defense...at all. Unless something changes, there will be no Final Four this year for the team.

front court defense is non-existent at this point.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:27 am

getting ready to go to Detroit today weather permitting, got up early to go into work and pick up some boxes I need to deliver.

I was carrying them out, slipped on some ice and busted my ass. Luckily I had a big ass coat to cushion my fall but I threw those boxes straight into the bushes as I was falling where they broke up and papers and shit was blowing all over the parking lot.

I bet I'm sore tomorrow.

#itusedtobefunnywhenoldpeoplefellonice
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 pm

wish there was video

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:29 pm

ecat -- That's where some old man padding comes in, brother. We had a bad ice storm here a few years back and I knew we'd be house-bound for several days, so I stopped the car long enough to check the mail. I took about 4 or 5 steps and completely lost it, both legs flying out from underneath me straight onto my ass without any bracing. If I'd hit my head, I'd have been knocked out cold. It hurt so bad that I couldn't even speak for a minute. I crawled back to the car on my hands and knees and said to hell with the mail and everything else. I had a bruise the size of a football on my left hip and ass that went from blue to black before it healed. If I'd been as small as I was in college, I would've broken bones for sure.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

OK, now that our aging feebleness is out of the way, what are y'all expecting on Saturday? I have no idea which Carolina team will show up, but am obviously hoping it's the one that played Louisville and Michigan State. I've seen every Carolina team since the 1974 season, but have never witnessed a rollercoaster squad like this one. I think it comes down to outside shooting, as both teams' strengths lie in the paint. If Paige is off, we're in deep k*rzyt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 pm

I gave those boxes to the instructor today. They were dirty and busted out and some of the stuff had muddy water marks on it. I didn't say a word but I know he was like "wtf?"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 pm

The Anti k* wrote:OK, now that our aging feebleness is out of the way, what are y'all expecting on Saturday? I have no idea which Carolina team will show up, but am obviously hoping it's the one that played Louisville and Michigan State. I've seen every Carolina team since the 1974 season, but have never witnessed a rollercoaster squad like this one. I think it comes down to outside shooting, as both teams' strengths lie in the paint. If Paige is off, we're in deep k*rzyt.

I think it will be a good game. The guys are getting shamed everywhere after the Baylor meltdown, and Cal is taking some heat as well for having a team full of players and not going to the bench. Baylor switched to a (sort of) triangle and 2 at the end of the game and it shut us down. We stopped going inside and settled for 3 pointers which is what Baylor wanted at the start of the game.

Both teams suck badly at free throws so it may just be a game of who has the most fouls to give. Since its UNC, I fully expect 3 UK players to foul out, that is just what happens in the Dean Dome.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Since anti k added "brother" to the first sentence of his post, I read the rest of those two posts in Hulk Hogan voice.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Also, has any SEC team defeated a Big 12 team in this challenge thing?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:44 am

I haven't seen a college basketball game yet this season. I'm hoping I can continue this streak deep into February.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I've been reading up on the sql error - a ton of people are getting them, and from early reads, no one has it dialed in yet but it appears that it might have something to do with the max number of connections being low , along with google and yahoo bots constantly data mining for the search engines. It looks like the bulletin board keeps connections open after people leave due a bug, and the bots constantly hitting the site consume connections.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:22 pm

upon further reading it appears now they have isolated it to the search feature. If someone uses the search feature, it locks up the db, which results in the mysql error everyone else receives until the unlock is applied. Its kind of a max connections issues because the feature isn't allowing other connections to execute.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Is there a resolution? We are using the search feature (or at least I assume people do, I do) any time someone goes to the view unread posts page.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm trying to check the logs to see if we have the same problems as other people. Its def a phbb 3.x issue which we are on.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 pm

I don't think we are on the most up to date version of the board software.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 pm

we are on 3.011. I'm not sure upgrading would do anything for us. The problem isn't on our end, its on the host configuration but it seems tied to searching the db, open connections and timeouts because of it.

We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB "Richard 'D¡cky' Foote" 3.0.12. This version is a maintenance release fixing various bugs but not adding any new features. We have updated the list of bots/spiders, further improved compatibility with recent PHP versions, and support MySQL fulltext search on InnoDB for those MySQL versions which provide it. The custom BBCode token LOCAL_URL has been modified to operate closer to its description. If you have any custom BBCodes using the token you should test if the custom BBCode still functions correctly or if you need to replace the token with the new RELATIVE_URL token. Moderators are no longer exempt from post approval, instead the permission "Can post without approval" is applied as it is for all other users. We now reject very long password inputs immediately to save on resources during password checks.

unless you have access to the .cnf files that configure the sql, I don't think we can do anything about it except open a ticket with the host.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm

here are the 4 bots that keep hitting the site frequently

Google [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
MSNbot Media Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:35 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
Google Adsense [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:25 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
Bing [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm Deactivate Edit Delete

and here is an example of the frequency they hit it - check out the times

MSNbot Media Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
Google [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:41 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
Google Adsense [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:25 pm Deactivate Edit Delete
Bing [Bot] Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm Deactivate Edit Delete

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm

this might be our problem - it is under PHP Information in the AdminCP and is a setting in the PHP.INI file.

mysql.allow_persistent On On

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 pm

there is a persistent login feature that allows the "Remember me" function to appear and work, are you sure that isn't that part of it?