Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:55 pm

hedge wrote:"a UNC fan from IC that spent a couple of months hanging out on State's campus writing down tag numbers and looking through thousands of parking tickets."

That is also pathetic...
I glad you agree. I think it's pathetic too.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:59 pm

hedge wrote:" Read the first post here

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=12266109

for a recap of the connection between Fats and the dentist."

Good god, the guy who put that together makes you look like a UNC supporter. Who the fuck has the time or inclination for that shit?? For a rival college athletic program??
Ask the U*NC fan that spent months spying on NC State athletes trying to find some kind of illegal benefits for a school that's not even a rival.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 pm

"I glad you agree. I think it's pathetic too."

Please take note of the "too" in my post. I feel the same way about the guy who posted that 100,000 word blog (with links, etc) that you cited so proudly and who I'm sure you do not feel is pathetic at all...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm

UNC is damn lucky they are the golden boys of college athletics.

They are well into loss of institutional control territory here when you take into the cumulative effect of football and basketball

and in other news, 2 Oregon players will have to miss 9 games for selling shoes....they wore

Enes Kantor was ruled ineligible for $23K in benefits.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm

"
UNC is damn lucky they are the golden boys of college athletics."

That's what you get for doing things the right way for decades. Nay, centuries...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 pm

hedge wrote:"I glad you agree. I think it's pathetic too."

Please take note of the "too" in my post. I feel the same way about the guy who posted that 100,000 word blog (with links, etc) that you cited so proudly and who I'm sure you do not feel is pathetic at all...
I cited it to help clarify the relationship between Fats and the U*NC dental boosters. A conversation you were a part of before I was by the way. WufWuf probably spent about twice the time putting that together as you did finding that basketball reference during the poker tournament you're so proud of. The difference between Wuf and your guy is that Wuf has actually uncovered something that could point to violations. Your guy spent months in a parking lot to uncover nothing.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 pm

hedge wrote:"
UNC is damn lucky they are the golden boys of college athletics."

That's what you get for doing things the right way for decades. Nay, centuries...
Oh yeah. You guys have cheated better than anybody of a long damn time.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Hedge, did you know that U*NC is credited with bringing the forward pass to college football? Ever read that story?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:47 pm

No, but I'm sure it has something to do with UNC cheating to gain an advantage....

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 pm

And don't try to turn the poker thing around to me being so proud. You were the one who played the asshole and called me out in the most stark terms. I provided the proof you demanded and yet now you're trying to turn it around that I somehow instigated it or am somehow inordinately "proud" of simply relating a reference I had just seen on TV and "proving" that I didn't make it up (which no one but you accused me of doing in the first place). Sorry, pal, that's not what went down. You were the asshole there. I merely provided the proof. Not that it was needed...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Of course.

U*NC throws an illegal forward pass to beat Ga TEch. The official who's sole job at the time was to watch the ball somehow didnt see the pass. John Heisman seeing the potential of the pass lobbies the rules committee to allow passing and a couple of years later the rule passes.

Consider that your U*NC history lesson of the day.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 pm

So basically if it was up to you (or any State fan), the forward pass would still not be part of football. It would be worth it to you to eliminate that aspect of the game just so you could gloat about UNC being "wrong"...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 pm

hedge wrote:And don't try to turn the poker thing around to me being so proud. You were the one who played the asshole and called me out in the most stark terms. I provided the proof you demanded and yet now you're trying to turn it around that I somehow instigated it or am somehow inordinately "proud" of simply relating a reference I had just seen on TV and "proving" that I didn't make it up (which no one but you accused me of doing in the first place). Sorry, pal, that's not what went down. You were the asshole there. I merely provided the proof. Not that it was needed...
Sure I called you out. The announcers statement (I still havent watched the video because I didnt give a shit then nor do I now) makes such little sense in regards to a poker tournament particularly since the player in question apparently is doing fairly well that I just had to assume that you were trying some backhanded smack. You had to have been proud about it with your talk about smearing shit in my face and calling me a cunt. Fine. Heck I've owned it with my tag line even though you said I didnt have to. I laughed at you then for making the effort to disprove such a minor slight, just like I laugh at the U*NC fan devoting months of his life to trying to find teh same violations at State that he claims arent violations or at most very minor violations at U*NC.

Tell you what, read what Wuf posted and tell me whether think U*NC should be in trouble or not.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 pm

hedge wrote:So basically if it was up to you (or any State fan), the forward pass would still not be part of football. It would be worth it to you to eliminate that aspect of the game just so you could gloat about UNC being "wrong"...
Show me where I said that. Ideally U*NC, or Princeton or Nc State (who was busy getting crushed by GT 122-0 around that time) would have thrown the pass gotten penalized as per the rules and Heisman would have made the same pitch to the rules committee and the result would have been the same.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 pm

They all cheat. As they should.

Move on already.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm

As long as we all get to cheat equally.

As I have said before we need to just be honest about it. If the colleges are going to function as a minor league system then the nfl, mlb and nba should help foot the bill rather than the tax payers. Athletes should be able to major in football and basketball. The system we have now is broken and corrupt. The schools make millions while the athletes risk life and limb for a "free education" that leaves most of them no more prepared for the real world than elementary school did. The NCAA hammers some schools for minor violations that make no sense what so ever while ignoring violations at other schools that literally destroy the concept of the "student/amature-athlete".

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:21 am

Leak is proof (and it's not letting him borrow his car, it's steering kids to an agent, coff! coff! John Blake!) that State is cheating equally. Well maybe not quite equally since they still can't beat a shitty Carolina team.

I think the NCAA should be abandoned for football. It's a farce and a travesty that anyone even thinks the major components of a billion-dollar industry shouldn't get paid. Football pays everyone's bill and those guys should be getting a cut of the action but it will take the schools getting together and leaving the NCAA behind.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:31 am

The NFL and NBA have frequently said that their decisions are made based upon what they think is good for their league. What colleges do is their business.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 am

Nice try Stu. The only violation reported by RAL was the loan of a car by Leal to Leslie when his car broke down. We self reported and suspended Leslie. Leslie then sign with an agent not associated with Leak. Per Amerson, his agent and Leak no money exchanged hands and Leak did nothing to steer Amerson to that agent. The university has completely disassociated Itself from Leak even threatening him with jail if he sets foot on campus again. What else can we do?

Blake had an office on campus, was receiving a university paycheck, was directly responsible for the conduct of the young men on his team, was listed as an executive of a sports agency, was receiving money from said agency and even carried an agency credit card. Phone records show that he was a go between the agent and a player receiving money. U*NC claims to have known none of this, reported nothing, appealed the NCAA ruling, paid Blake to go away, did not make cooperation with the NCAA investigation a condition of his severance.

The two situations and the handling of those situations are so far apart as to not even be in the same universe. Do you really think that after that build up that the U*NC fan boy reporter has information he didnt put into the report? That was it Stu. There's nothing else out there. Too bad you dont have the resources to conduct an investigation of NC State. The RAL guy couldnt find anything. Maybe you could uncover our department set up to give athletes whatever grade they need to stay eligible with no actual work. Maybe you can find the agents on our staff. Maybe you could find the agent we have teaching classes, maybe you could find out who paid for thousands of dollars of parking tickets for mysterious rental vehicles with multiple tags, maybe you can find the Durham thug getting his picture taken with NC State athletes in the clubs for over 5 years. Knock yourself out Stu. I anxiously await your report.