Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:08 pm

the biggest voter apathy is single moms and single women which comprises a huge chunk of voting.

If the GOP would stop talking about abortions and cutting social programs, single women and single moms would stay home and never vote.

But the GOP can't help itself. They are morons
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:06 pm

If single moms cared that much about abortion, they wouldn't be single moms.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Ah, they don't start the abortion shit until after the first child...that's when shit gets real for them.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:42 pm

If you are not listening to Serial Podcast, you should. Begin downloading immediately.

http://serialpodcast.org/

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by SnoodGator » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Agree Cletus. Excellent and VERY addivtive.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Interesting. All based on true stories, too? Nice. I'll peep it out.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:02 pm

I read up on it. I'll start following it and give it a shot now that the weather is bad.

I'm not a popular guy at the Ron Paul site espousing my stance on Net Neutrality.

seems people don't want to hear about how the free market can't do much for monopolies.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't know about seeing fires and riots and destruction but seeing the CNN journos get gassed repeatedly last night was worth watching.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:12 pm

This press conference is crazy. The only people clapping are when Al speaks. But lets burn down our city anyway.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:30 pm

I"m just lost on the response to burn down your city

Has any city that suffered rioting and burning ever recovered and thrived?

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:50 pm

If I were a business owner and could do it, I would close up shop, take my family, and move about 50 miles in either direction. Fuck'em. Let the town burn and tell'em they can have it.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 pm

BigRedMan wrote:If I were a business owner and could do it, I would close up shop, take my family, and move about 50 miles in either direction. Fuck'em. Let the town burn and tell'em they can have it.
I think for the wiser shop owners, they have done this very thing. But the media/liberal-talk-shows will still spin it that it wasn't the fault of rioters that their buildings burned to the ground, it was instead the fault of wealthy white people protecting a dirty cop from a prosecution. Everything is spin and controlling the narrative.

I remember Bill Maher interviewing his former friend Harry Anderson after the Katrina riots. Bill made the mistake of NOT asking Harry all the questions he was going to ask in the interview, ahead of time. Bill was shocked at the answers that Harry gave as to why he was closing his shop and night club that he owned in New Orleans, blaming the re-election of Mayor Nagin and the behavior/mood of the citizens of New Orleans following the Hurricane. Maher was expecting Anderson to blame the Bush Administration and their not appearing immediately with all the food and relief. He didn't. I have not seen Anderson on Maher's show since.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm

I think those fires were set by someone other than protesters, esp. the cop car. That thing burned too quickly and too long for someone to just throw some lighter fluid on it and set it ablaze. Plus there were explosions coming from it.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Saint wrote:I think those fires were set by someone other than protesters, esp. the cop car. That thing burned too quickly and too long for someone to just throw some lighter fluid on it and set it ablaze. Plus there were explosions coming from it.
Yes I'm sure you are right. Its some conspiracy created by Ferguson law enforcement and local business owners torching their own property to make the peaceful protestors look like a rioting mob.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm

<voice=sarcasm>yeah, insurance premiums can cover a lot of poor business decisions</voice>

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:04 am

"Has any city that suffered rioting and burning ever recovered and thrived?"

Rome? Paris?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 am

"Yes I'm sure you are right. Its some conspiracy created by Ferguson law enforcement and local business owners torching their own property to make the peaceful protestors look like a rioting mob."

It certainly wouldn't be difficult to at least fan the flames (so to speak), if one were so inclined. Not saying that's what happened, but it would very easy to do...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:07 am

eCat wrote:Has any city that suffered rioting and burning ever recovered and thrived?
Probably Los Angeles, although the development of LA Live, the change in South Central and other areas are probably not solely due to the 1992 riots.
eCat wrote:I"m just lost on the response to burn down your city
(Foolishly) Tossing aside the greater story about the cause of anger and frustration leading to the point where it culminates in the destruction of property, I guess the answer is probably best analogized to the reasoning of a woman breaking plates in her own kitchen or a Cowboys fan pulling his TV off the stand in a YouTube clip.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:11 am

hedge wrote:"Yes I'm sure you are right. Its some conspiracy created by Ferguson law enforcement and local business owners torching their own property to make the peaceful protestors look like a rioting mob."

It certainly wouldn't be difficult to at least fan the flames (so to speak), if one were so inclined. Not saying that's what happened, but it would very easy to do...
I'm nowhere near a cynic, but any sensible person has to question why the presser was done at 9pm. If that wasn't designed to make sure the narrative was funneled in a certain direction, I don't know what the reason would be. Based on what I see here, it worked. Kudos to the DA. Again.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:16 am

Let 'er Blow!