Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:..unhappy with their current choices...

Yep, more unemployment, higher gas prices, weaker dollar are better choices.
You gotta admit that very few of you pnners are making any noise about the R field. There are a couple of exceptions - IB loves Mitt and prof admires Sarah's marksmanship.

Who do you like, toe. Robamaneycare? Newt? One of the big-hair gals? Or are you content to go with whoever finally gets the Tea Party seal of approval?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 pm

How can you make the idiotic claim that Obama is less qualified than Sara Palin?

Oh wait, you're being sarcastic. I get it. :lol:

Hacksaw
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Red Bird wrote:How can you make the idiotic claim that Obama is less qualified than Sara Palin?

Prior to being sworn in as POTUS, what did Obama have on his resume that compared to being governor of a state? Being a <1 term senator was it. And as President, he's been such a disaster that it's impossible to imagine any way that Palin (or almost anyone else) could have been worse.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Let's all take a moment to remember what a great impression Obama made as a <1 term flunky in the U.S. Senate...

[youtube]Ah9W24oMIRc[/youtube]
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Obama served three terms representing the 13th district in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He also served in the United States Senate from 2004 to 2010. Palin was a small town city councilwomen, a small town mayor and Governor of Alaska for a few months before she ran for Vice President.

Neither had a particularly strong or glowing resume, but I'd rate Obama's 6 years in the US senate as more impressive than Palin's short stint as governor.

Now, how do you support your claim that Obama "has been such a disaster that it's impossible to imagine any way that Palin (or almost anyone else) could have been worse."?

What has Obama done that makes him worse than say George W. Bush? What horrors has Obama brought?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Your splitting hairs, Red Bird. They both held high office and each left prematurely. The details are unimportant.

And Hack is correct about the media portraying Palin as unqualified. They were responsible for putting the mics and cameras in front of her. And then there were the tough questions about geography, the Constitution, and what kind of papers she read..

What has Obama done that makes him worse than, say, George W Bush?

Uh oh. NOW you've done it.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

I said neither had a particularly good resume. But Obama's 6 years in "high" office is clearly superior to Palin's 14 months as Governor before the presidential race. Pointing that out is hardly spiting hairs.

The media portray Palin as unqualified because she is ill informed. Do you really want a president who doesn't know who the leader of Turkey is or can't identify France on a world map?

The media asks Palin what she reads in an attempt to gauge her interest in world affairs and discover what ideas shape her views. You can tell a great deal about a person by learning what they read. A person who reads the New York Times religiously is likely to be very different than someone who regularly reads the Wall Street Journal. A really qualified candidate probably reads both. In any case, asking the question is not an attempt to play "got ya" politics.

After all, do you really want a president who gets her the majority of her news from the Wasilla Post?

If you're going to run for national office you should be prepared to answer these questions because people have the right to know if you're qualified or not. Judging from Palin's answers and her refusal to sit for serious interviews, I'd say Palin is not qualified to be president of anything except maybe the Wasilla gun club.

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 pm

So Palin was a city council member, a mayor and a governor of one of the 60 states. She was also a mother and homemaker, which is, apparently, seen as a deficiency by most dems.

Obama was a relatively inexperienced political insider from one of the most notoriously corrupt political machines in America.

Advantage, Palin.
What has Obama done that makes him worse than say George W. Bush? What horrors has Obama brought?
You won't see me defending Bush's economic policies. But Obama has only made him look good by comparison. The horrors are multitude. Every day brings more bad economic news. If you haven't noticed the reporting (even in the Obama-friendly 9:1 media) then I doubt you'll take my word for it. But just as a for instance, when unemployment was around 8%, Obama predicted that it would go to 10%, unless his spending plans were implemented. He promised that his plan would halt the rise in unemployment -- shovel-ready jobs and all that. He's added $4 trillion to the national debt since he became President and the economy is only worse-off. Why should we not hold him accountable for his policies having the reverse effect that he said they would?

And, really...how could things be much worse, no matter who else we elected?

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Palin was grilled by the same media that gave Obama a free pass on his many, many public gaffes. I'd say that he had more embarrassing moments than Palin -- and he was running for the top office, while Palin was only being considered for the number two job.
I'd say Palin is not qualified to be president of anything except maybe the Wasilla gun club.
Utterly ridiculous. Not only was Palin qualified to be a state governor, but she was a very successful and popular one by all accounts.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Red Bird wrote:How can you make the idiotic claim that Obama is less qualified than Sara Palin?

Prior to being sworn in as POTUS, what did Obama have on his resume that compared to being governor of a state? Being a <1 term senator was it. And as President, he's been such a disaster that it's impossible to imagine any way that Palin (or almost anyone else) could have been worse.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Please feel free to post evidence of Palin looking worse than this mess...

[youtube]_j53p-4N6os[/youtube]

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Who do you like, toe

Long as Obammer is the nominee for the dems, it don't matter....anyone w/a pulse will be an upgrade.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:41 pm

If Obama hands his successor 2 wars, a crippling recession, and huge numbers of unemployed and uninsured

then he'll be dubya deux

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Why has the media, who grilled Sarah Palin (and continues to paint her in a negative light every chance they get), STILL not held President Obama accountable for this? He promised transparency and bipartisanship. He promised change. Where is the press?

[youtube]OPm9UpbZdHg[/youtube]

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm

bluetick wrote:If Obama hands his successor 2 wars, a crippling recession, and huge numbers of unemployed and uninsured

then he'll be dubya deux
It's too late for that. Obama and his brainless disciples could use that excuse for a while. But he's been in office long enough that he must accept responsibility now. He was going to end the wars, remember? That was another promise he hasn't kept. Where is the press?

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Who do you like, toe

Long as Obammer is the nominee for the dems, it don't matter....anyone w/a pulse will be an upgrade.
Sad, but true.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Can't wait to hear.....

4..MORE...YEARS
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:52 pm

and prof admires Sarah's marksmanship
True, but I also like her pro-life stance (which she actually lived out at great personal cost, unlike Romney).

I also love the fact that she can make liberals' heads explode by simply walking into a room. She is the Slim Whitman to the leftist aliens.

Finally, I just like looking at her.

All these important considerations outweigh the fact that she's kinda dumb.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
bluetick wrote:If Obama hands his successor 2 wars, a crippling recession, and huge numbers of unemployed and uninsured

then he'll be dubya deux
It's too late for that. Obama and his brainless disciples could use that excuse for a while. But he's been in office long enough that he must accept responsibility now. He was going to end the wars, remember? That was another promise he hasn't kept. Where is the press?
Could obama undo 8 years of Bush et al in two years? Nope.

If he can't put a serious dent in it by this time next year then I agree he is in trouble. Hopefully by that time RomneyCare or Christie will be the presumptive opponent. Because anybody with an ounce of common sense knows Palin or Bachmann aren't presidential material.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I’m all for motherhood and apple pie too, but what does that have to do with being president?

If being a mother is a qualification then I nominate Dora Stevens. You’ve probably never heard of Dora, but she lives down the street from me and has 10 kids, so maybe she’d make a good president?

Obama was a community organizer before he ran for office. Also he has a couple of kids so maybe he should get some fatherhood points?