hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida Gators

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 am

"Driskell needs to sit. Unfortunately he cant."

The same is true of you, but you could solve that problem simply by not affixing your asshole to the local glory hole 6 days a week. But you won't stop. You can't. God help you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Are you still mad about me banging your girlfriend in the bathroom? She came on to me.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

I got an email from her today. She asked about you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Suspending Harris is the right thing to do. Sexual assault on campus is an issue that Foley said recently gets zero tolerance. Harris continuing to play would be a distraction to the team and the University. He needs to put his focus on these allegations, not corner blitzes from LSU. Allowing him to play with these allegations swirling around simply sends the wrong message to Harris, the woman, and the public at large; it says that the allegations are secondary to the game of football. Maybe other schools are okay with sending that message - UF is not. If he's cleared, he gets reinstated and can resume a path that was looking up.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:29 pm

hedge wrote:I got an email from her today. She asked about you...

I am sure she is still pissed about the burning and itching sensation she still has
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

The Gray Ghost wrote:Suspending Harris is the right thing to do. Sexual assault on campus is an issue that Foley said recently gets zero tolerance. Harris continuing to play would be a distraction to the team and the University. He needs to put his focus on these allegations, not corner blitzes from LSU. Allowing him to play with these allegations swirling around simply sends the wrong message to Harris, the woman, and the public at large; it says that the allegations are secondary to the game of football. Maybe other schools are okay with sending that message - UF is not. If he's cleared, he gets reinstated and can resume a path that was looking up.
Well if I was Harris, I would be looking to transfer immediately to a school that supports (not covers up for) its students AND athletes and supports the concept of due process. If there is enough evidence to warrant the state arresting him or pressing charges, by all means suspend him. Otherwise you're putting her allegations above his civil rights. How would you like to be suspended without pay from your job because someone (potentially falsely) alleged you committed a crime?

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:49 pm

BTW I obviously have no knowledge of the Treon Harris situation other than what (little) has been reported. It is certainly feasible that the UF athletic department has knowledge or an admission from Harris that he violated parts of the Code of Conduct, in which case suspension is the logical thing to do. I don't really care one way or another other than the negative impact on a potentially innocent man, but do find it sad that UF fans are using this incident to ascribe some sort of moral superiority over FSU in a completely different set of circumstances.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:09 pm

...UF fans are using this incident to ascribe some sort of moral superiority over FSU...
well duh!, they are gators

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 pm

UF was the school that allowed Aaron Hernandez to shoot up Hogtown under the watchful eye of Urban and Timmy - ignore any indications they may be feeling any type of moral superiority.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:50 am

Bullshit. This is a publicly grab by the female making the accusations. Had he not played last week this would have never come up. Suspending him this quickly was a stupid knee jerk reaction only because of Ray Rice and others shaming the NFL. If he hasn't been arrested or indicted it's just all TMZ shit. What happens if he's cleared? His name has been dragged through the mud and that's sad.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 am

Compare the reactions side by side:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... tab_tw_top

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 am

It's always been that way though. Free Shoes U!

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:13 am

The Gray Ghost wrote:Compare the reactions side by side:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... tab_tw_top
There's a WHOLE lot missing in this timeline, particularly the accuser's attorney notifying the police "do not contact my client any more, all communication goes through me, and we're not interesting in pursuing any further". In a he-said/she-said, it's pretty hard to make any progress when she ain't sayin'. Now the TPD made a lot of errors (should have gone IMMEDIATELY to PotBelly's to get any surveillance tapes, IMMEDIATELY tried to get cab records, etc.) but the girl's story had so many holes in it it's hard to say what the TPD was thinking.

DDAL
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgia

Post by DDAL » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 am

All Tally hook ups begin with happy hour at Potbellys. TPD knew it and so does everyone who has drank their fruity well liquor shots and bud light draft in mass quantities for less than 30 bucks. There was nothing to see there and they appropriately moved along. Treon Certainly committed a sexual assault, he is, after all, a Turd.
34 Years and Counting...

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Bullshit. This is a publicly grab by the female making the accusations. Had he not played last week this would have never come up. Suspending him this quickly was a stupid knee jerk reaction only because of Ray Rice and others shaming the NFL. If he hasn't been arrested or indicted it's just all TMZ shit. What happens if he's cleared? His name has been dragged through the mud and that's sad.
Rat, shockingly, nails it.

You suspend from the team when charges have been brought, or its obvious they are coming due to the evidence involved.

Being falsely accused of something (as I have a long time ago) is traumatic enough w/o your school turning its back on you in the name of political correctness.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:55 pm

oh c'mon, paw-paw paid your way out of that mess and you know it - btw, what ever happened to that girl?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:10 pm

I know I nailed it. Doesn't matter if he was a Gator or a Seminole.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:16 pm

billy bob bocephus wrote:oh c'mon, paw-paw paid your way out of that mess and you know it - btw, what ever happened to that girl?
Amelia Earhart? Jury's still out.

I was really hoping Harris would stick with his commitment to FSU because I think he's a dynamic player, but he realized Cosentino fit Fisher's scheme better (see John Franklin).

I have a feeling he won't be charged...and I won't blame UFPD, GPD, the state of Florida, or Obama if that happens. Unfortunately it won't be in time for him to play against LSU (even if the investigation is closed tonight), so I feel for the guy.

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Today we have Harris' lawyer posting a long press release pushing the case through the media. Next the broad will get a publicity hungry lawyer to do the same. Another good reason why the suspension is the right path.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Well the RIGHT path is that allegations are not made public until an arrest, but we're beyond that. The story today is that he can't even attend classes until his name is cleared. I wonder if he's been kicked out of the dorm as well.