Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Crotch. You remind me of this one friend I had for many years on the sports boards the most of the 4 of us left here were on starting in the early 90. His dad was an Arizona sports writing legend. He was die hard Arizona. In no way could you convince this fool there will ever be a program better than the Wildcats. It was a basketball fourm back then and yep. He had scoreboard on me over both the Bearcats and Gators. Sorta like Metzger (Louisville) , much more crazier than Lonnie (UK But Lonnie had a lot of outside issues).

This kid, after I charmed him with my Jungle Rat charm, suddenly became to hate the fact that I informed him that he was a fucking wacko homer with an inferiority complex who was still living in his fathers (CORKY! We all remember Corky right?) basement. The best button to push? He adored Corky. I drove this Arizona fan to the brink on internet message board insanity if not in the real world. Longer story but I need a smoke and a good piss.

A few others I can remember. The guy who took pictures in front of expensive cars, tvs, houses etc holding signs like "Fuck you Jungle Rat" because I wouldn't leave him alone about being a full of shit in over his head braggart.

Damn. I know there's more.

Ok. Last one. I once had a great friend named C MAC who I met on the baseball boards. I believe he was an Astro fan so we met on the NL Central threads. Since Im sure you don't know or understand baseball, back then the Astros were in the National League. Before garbage cans. So we all became friends. A bunch of us crashed C MAC pad in Chicago many years ago in an early May (3rd) cold Wrigley wind days, for a 3 game Reds/Cubs series. Fucking awesome time. I think I'm the only survivor from that one. Hopefully you might remember the name Bluecat. We became good friends for many years considering our daughters were the same age, we lived down the road, I fucked his best friends wife years before they knew each other and we and we were Cincy sports fans besides our basketball differences. Another long story. Miss Kitty was yummy and Blue, still reminds me of either Heratio Sanz or Fred Flintstone. Loved the guy.

Then there was the time hedge came to visit. That's for another day.

Anyway.

I had to cut ties with C MAC. Turns out he was an Iranian spy trator for America and Iraq . He hated them. On CNN/SI he some how managed to infiltrate the Iranian soccer thread. He then went on to infuriate the Iranians that CNN/SI had to remove C MAC from their boards and after arrested in Chicago for bank mishaps, he was granted immunity for his information. He was a spy but he was our spy. I think he owns a Jiffy Lube now. They won't tell me.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:40 pm

Nice recap..
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanks. It was fun right?

Much more as you know. Just giving crotch a heads up. Not called The Pied Piper Of Crazy for no reason.

It's working.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:46 pm

23 Clemson football players test positive for covid...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:09 pm

They ain't playing this year.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Chickens

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:01 pm

Saw this today that if the SEC said the football season is in major jeopardy most of the south will start wearing masks tomorrow.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:02 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:01 pm Saw this today that if the SEC said the football season is in major jeopardy most of the south will start wearing masks tomorrow.
Schools are starting campaigns along the lines of "wear a mask if you want to see us play."
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:50 am

Smart

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:01 pm Saw this today that if the SEC said the football season is in major jeopardy most of the south will start wearing masks tomorrow.
Much in the same way they say Bear Bryant did more for integrating schools than any politician, b/c he realized he needed black players in order for Bama to thrive on the field. This is exactly one of those unquantifiable factors I was talking about the other day that have far more to do with real societal change than any legislation, and in fact leads to such legislation, which the politicians then try to take credit for implementing said societal change. Like I said, just one of many cases of "wag the dog"...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:43 am

Dewine initially mandated masks in Ohio, then he got so much pushback he relented and rescinded the order or whatever

Now I think he about to mandate it statewide in a second attempt.

I"m ok with it, seems like common sense to me but my opinion on it has probably evolved after seeing so many people behave irresponsibly
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

The ironic thing is, it seems to be the people who preach "less government, more personal responsibility" who are the ones who won't take any personal responsibility, which necessitates the government having to come in and mandate shit...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:23 pm

After another record weekend of coronavirus cases in America, confidence in college football happening this fall continues to dwindle. Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel just published a particularly bleak article on the matter featuring quotes from Power 5 coaches, athletic directors, and high ranking officials. Under the cloak of anonymity, all said that the prospect of football this fall is a pipe dream.

“Ultimately, no one is playing football in the fall,” said a high-ranking college official. “It’s just a matter of how it unfolds. As soon one of the ‘autonomy five’ or Power Five conferences makes a decision, that’s going to end it.”

“I hope I’m wrong, but I think the season being canceled is a foregone conclusion,” a Power Five coach told Yahoo Sports on Sunday.

Well, that’s just swell. What makes college football so improbable? Thamel says there are just too many variables to control, especially with a virus that we still don’t fully understand.

College football remains a four-touchdown underdog, thanks to individual campuses, academic requirements and the inability to take 13,000 FBS players and put them in a bubble. If the NBA’s ability to play in a bubble that reportedly costs $150 million is being regarded as tenuous, the chances of college football being played in some recognizable form in the fall are similar to attempting to keep a candle lit while walking 10 miles in a hurricane.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:09 pm They ain't playing this year.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 am

UConn just canceled their 2020 season

That aren't a powerhouse by any means but they are an FBS school.

That might start some dominoes.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:11 am

They're independent this year so their schedule was made up of mostly teams from conferences that decided to play only league games. At least 4 and 6 if the ACC goes that route

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:41 pm

The Eastern Kentucky football is under fire after the team’s starting kicker, Landon White, announced Tuesday he was leaving the program due to a lack of care for player safety within the team.

White, a redshirt junior, posted on his Instagram page that he is resigning from the team because the team’s head coach, Walt Wells, along with other staff members “do not care about player safety.”

“8-4-20. My last day is finally here,” White wrote. “Today I have resigned my position on the Eastern Kentucky University football team as a kicker. Not huge news in the sports world I know but… No matter what you hear the facts are the facts, with the main fact being the coach and some staff, do not care about player safety. I will surely miss my brothers on the field. This is a tough day for me, but somebody has gotta tell the truth on what us athletes are going through during this pandemic.”

According to White’s statement, the football program conducts “little to no testing” for COVID-19, with the last team test being administered on July 6.

“Symptomatic players still in the building and around other teammates,” said White. “But the same day people had symptoms we continued to practice instead of face the issue head on. Keep in mind we started fall camp on Friday July 31st. We have plenty of players and staff test positive over the past month. But you have probably heard very little on the matter.

“Have y’all heard about us suspending anything? Of course not. There are meeting rooms with 100+ players and staff crammed into it with zero space and no social distancing rules in sight. There are a bunch of potential positives in there. The Player cafeteria (case dining hall) endangers the EKU Cafeteria staff as well as other students who are now on campus, masks are routinely not worn while players are constantly being reminded by the dining hall staff instead of our coaches to keep it on.”

White then went on to criticize coach Walt Wells, who served as a quality control assistant at the University of Kentucky during the 2018 and 2019 seasons, about only caring for the “[$500,000] we are about to earn by playing WVU in Morgantown at the end of the month.”

“The Head Coach knows and the Head Coach does nothing,” said White. “The Head Coach does not care about his players safety as well as his staff and their families. He cares about the 500k we are about to earn by playing WVU in Morgantown at the end of the month. The truth has to be told and I’ll be your guy.

“I love my teammates as well as my family and I’ll forever cherish the l moments I had with them. With 2 pregnant sisters, 3 nieces and a nephew, and a mom & dad as well as my Grandmother and grandfather I love dearly, I need to protect them at ALL cost. I will not endanger anyones health by continuing to play. This goes for my players family and my family.

“People need to know what the NCAA and University is really about and it’s not about player safety.”

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Heh. A kicker. Waterboy next?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:22 pm

While there were some who felt college football should completely shut down because of the pandemic, President Woodrow Wilson felt that football added to the overall morale of the country. As a result, football teams were created at various military posts around the country and actually played against established college teams.

“It would be difficult to overestimate the value of football experience as a part of the soldier’s training,” President Wilson wrote in a letter that was eventually published in 1919.

Many schools were not able to play until late October or early November. The annual Army-Navy game was not played. Many schools played only three or four games.

One of the teams that played almost a complete schedule in 1918 was Georgia Tech, coached by the legendary John Heisman. The Golden Tornadoes, as they were known then, played a seven-game schedule with six of those games played at home at Grant Field.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Wonder how many of those people died of the spanish flu?