Boston College Eagles

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Boston College Eagles

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:13 am

Jungle Rat wrote:BC has never mattered in football. Ever.
Yeah you are right. But... I am still rooting for them.

I'm a fan Rat. You can't take that away from me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:55 am

Exactly
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 am

Rat can take that away from you. He already has...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by KeviNole » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 am

The free ride might be getting a bit bumpier for schools like BC.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ider-notes
Commissioner John Swofford told me that there could be an change in the distribution of bowl revenue as soon as this season. He believes that most teams favor rewarding teams for making a bowl. And he said that it was "fundamentally unfair" that a team can make a bowl and lose money while a team that fails to make a bowl, or that is ineligible for a bowl due to NCAA issues, can make money for not attending.

A source tells me that the bowl payout is not that significant monetarily, but it will make the top teams feel a bit better. Expect the league to ensure that all of a team's bowl and travel costs are paid for before divvying up the bowl payout. And while the bowl payout may not be all that substantial, that could change in a big way with the coming college football playoff.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Interesting from The Swoff. He's wanting to cut revenue sharing the year after his alma mater receives it's full cut while being ineligible for a bowl due to cheating.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 pm

You hate everything except naked women don't you?

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 am

Pretty much. Still interesting when the door still isn't closed for the NCAA coming back to U*NC and their second lowest winning percentage in the conference over the last decade this may end up costing his Heels money.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 am

Fats Thomas can just cover the bill for 'em...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 am

KeviNole wrote:The free ride might be getting a bit bumpier for schools like BC.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ider-notes
Commissioner John Swofford told me that there could be an change in the distribution of bowl revenue as soon as this season. He believes that most teams favor rewarding teams for making a bowl. And he said that it was "fundamentally unfair" that a team can make a bowl and lose money while a team that fails to make a bowl, or that is ineligible for a bowl due to NCAA issues, can make money for not attending.

A source tells me that the bowl payout is not that significant monetarily, but it will make the top teams feel a bit better. Expect the league to ensure that all of a team's bowl and travel costs are paid for before divvying up the bowl payout. And while the bowl payout may not be all that substantial, that could change in a big way with the coming college football playoff.
BC went to 12 bowls in a row. They might go bowling this year. There will be no BC fans watching BC lose to whomever 6-6 BC plays in mid-December, but they might go bowling, BC has 19 returing starters so.... wtf, if they can't win six with this group....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote:BC went to 12 bowls in a row.
True, but you've indicated many times that BC doesn't care about being competitive, and is content to suck on the teat of the ACC cash cows (which are thin in number).
innocentbystander wrote:They might go bowling this year. There will be no BC fans watching BC lose to whomever 6-6 BC plays in mid-December, but they might go bowling, BC has 19 returing starters so.... wtf, if they can't win six with this group....
Possibly but it won't be easy. Army should be a win, but wasn't last year. NMSU is pitiful and should be an easy win. I don't know enough about Nova to predict a result in that game, but BC will likely be a slight underdog in the rest of its games. I'm not a fan of Addazio as most UF fans consider him their version of Jeff Bowden, but he's probably an upgrade in high-level experience over what you've had.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 am

KeviNole wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:BC went to 12 bowls in a row.
True, but you've indicated many times that BC doesn't care about being competitive, and is content to suck on the teat of the ACC cash cows (which are thin in number).
innocentbystander wrote:They might go bowling this year. There will be no BC fans watching BC lose to whomever 6-6 BC plays in mid-December, but they might go bowling, BC has 19 returing starters so.... wtf, if they can't win six with this group....
Possibly but it won't be easy. Army should be a win, but wasn't last year. NMSU is pitiful and should be an easy win. I don't know enough about Nova to predict a result in that game, but BC will likely be a slight underdog in the rest of its games. I'm not a fan of Addazio as most UF fans consider him their version of Jeff Bowden, but he's probably an upgrade in high-level experience over what you've had.
Well he's a serious upgrade in at least one category (maybe the most important category for a college HC.) Addazio can recruit like a motherfucker! Did you see his 2014 class? Did you see where we were ranked? Maybe it would only be an average FSU class but for BC, this is the best class we've had since... since... ever.

As far as the rest of his HC skilz go, if we want a decent chance at a bowl, we need to be 2-0 going into Compton. That is our best chance. Lets see if Daz can get 'er done. There is going to be a serious dropoff from 2013 to 2014 as we lose 14 Senior starters (half of which have been starting varsity since they were freshmen.)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am

I bet that is the most BC football has been discussed anywhere on the internet in the past week...

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Obviously you haven't been to EagleOutsider.com. I checked it out this week and was amused to find IB is equally respected there as he is here.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm

KeviNole wrote:Obviously you haven't been to EagleOutsider.com. I checked it out this week and was amused to find IB is equally respected there as he is here.
His choice of footrballl teams notwithstanding.
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:03 am

KeviNole wrote:Obviously you haven't been to EagleOutsider.com. I checked it out this week and was amused to find IB is equally respected there as he is here.
heh

no one is respected at EO.

its a fun site. :)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 am

Does the picture of the two girls touching tongues appear in all your posts over there? I wonder what your church friends would think about that...

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:25 pm

hedge wrote:Does the picture of the two girls touching tongues appear in all your posts over there? I wonder what your church friends would think about that...
If it's a typical church-going crowd, then that sounds pretty tame to what they normally look at in private

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 am

Addazio is definitely cornering the market in 'dudes'...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Welp, we are undefeated (for at least another 6 days)

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 am

Welp, still undefeated (for at least another 5 days.)