Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by crotch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm

hedge wrote:"I predicted 9-11. Got close."

Didn't you have UNC scoring 82?
Seems like I did... My crystal ball has been pretty good lately. Missed the UK/UT football score by 1 point and hit the Baylor win on the nose. Just luck though.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:17 pm

eCat wrote:That loss to Belmont is a blip for UNC now and UK still has to play Belmont.

If we should happen to lose, then people will be jumping off cliffs in regards to this season.
Thinning the herd.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Kentucky will be no higher than a 3 seed and possible as low as a 6 come tourney time. Still have to play Louseyville and Florida (and Belmont :D ) and the SEC tourney. Tennessee won't be an easy game either. Can see at least 2-3 more L's the rest of the season.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

I haven't seen UK (or any team for that matter) play but it's not surprising this group is struggling to play as a team given all the comments those kids were making over the spring and summer. I think they still have the talent to turn it around but perhaps not the maturity right now.

I think people, and not just UK fans, need to realize what a special group that 2011-12 team was to play together as freshman and win a national championship. I'm sure Calipari does.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Roy.jpeg
Roy.jpeg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
The answer to the question of where Roy dines when he comes to Wilson. He and Hubie were in town Wed. to check out Kinston junior Brandon Ingram (No. 13 overall in '15).

I was told that Roy was besieged with photo requests at halftime and took it all in stride but seemed a little perturbed. It was like the gold truck coming to Mayberry, a scenario I envisioned when I dropped the tidbit in the paper the day before that he and Hubert were coming to watch Ingram and Kinston play one of our county high schools.

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:54 pm

hedge wrote:What a slam by Randle! That was awesome!! WOO-HOO!! UK wins the recruiting title AND gets the coveted "Dunk of the game" award!
*WHO* won the recruiting title ? Whose recruiting title is that...exactly?

Wrong Cats, sir.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Go away troll.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm

UK and KU both need strong point guards. It will sink them because it's the hardest thing to get in place.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Bklyn wrote:UK and KU both need strong point guards. It will sink them because it's the hardest thing to get in place.
Teague wasn't ready at this point in his career. Knight was also struggling but he was clutch at end game situations already.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Roy may have stopped at Parker's, but he doesn't have that swill delivered to Chapel Hill. He had Wilber's the day after he was hired. He had Dickie Baddour call Wilber that morning. Phil (Dickie's older brother and former majority leader of the state house) and WIlber went to Chapel Hill to deliver the catering for lunch, and Wilber is a huge State fan...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:22 pm

eCat wrote: Teague wasn't ready at this point in his career. Knight was also struggling but he was clutch at end game situations already.
I guess I just hate the Harrison twins (even the one who does play smart some of the time). That's probably keeping me so down on the prospects of this squad.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote: Teague wasn't ready at this point in his career. Knight was also struggling but he was clutch at end game situations already.
I guess I just hate the Harrison twins (even the one who does play smart some of the time). That's probably keeping me so down on the prospects of this squad.

you are right that our fortunes are tied to them and they aren't playing at the level they need to.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:19 am

Gary Parrish compares UK's schedule to tOSU's

“Let UK spend the first five weeks playing that schedule, and my guess is the Wildcats would be undefeated right now and still ranked No. 1, and isn’t that kinda wild to consider? It doesn’t mean Kentucky would actually be any better as a team than it is at this moment. But the perception of the Wildcats would be drastically different… Kentucky’s struggles are somewhat schedule-induced.”

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:31 am

So I drop by the Xmas party Hedge, his GILF and his parents are throwing Friday at his and the GILF's pad. I was working so I was just going to make a 30-40 min. appearance, grab some food and head back to work. I didn't get any instructions and didn't do the math, so I just showed up wearing a plaid button down and jeans with my Black Dot tan coat.

I was shown to the front door by his dad, posted sentry-like in the driveway with a flashlight so no one would trip over the pine roots bubbling up the asphalt. I walked in and was greeted with the sight of wall-to-wall codgers, babbling merrily and drinking like fish. There must have been 30 people packed into the foyer, landing by the stairs and the front parlor (it's an old house with loads of antiques and architectural quirks) and the median age was around 78. Of course, they were all dressed to the nines, short of it being a black tie affair, so standing there in my Levis all I got were glances that suggested they thought I was some type of delivery man.

Hedge, meanwhile, was holding forth by the door, nattily dressed in a velvet or velour blazer with a bowtie while sweatily chatting with an octagenarian couple like an edited scene from "Steel Magnolias" (in which, incidentally, his mom portrayed Weezer in the local playhouse production of same).

It was as if everything Crow believed about Hedge had come to be right at that moment. I wish I had just pulled out my phone and started taking photos.

I realized I wasn't going to make it 10 feet into that mess so I hugged the GILF and his mom and headed back out to chat with his dad, still maintaining his post, before going back to work.

Later, Hedge told me 2 of the 3 kegs he had bought were stolen off the back patio, presumably by some high schoolers who were there with their parents. I say he should bring eCat in as a consultant in the recovery process.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:21 pm

BOUT FUCKING TIME!!!! Can anyone else take over this place who knows what they are doing?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:25 pm

The kegs were returned, still half full...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:31 pm

This website was returned, sadly still half full.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 pm

The 30 for 30 on Maurice Clarett is an inspiring story.

I never knew his football career was ended because he was an alcoholic.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Tressel threw him under the bus.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 pm

I've seen two instances in the past week where Jim Brown fucked shit up for people.

Both Richard Pryor and Clarett had him involved in their lives and his racial views cost both of them.