Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 am

It is like MJ and Kobe. People either love or hate them. Plain and simple.

I hate MJ cause he is a cheating lying degenerate gambler that was simply the greatest because he had David Stern sucking his asshole for his entire career along with some crooked ass refs that helped him along his way. Fuck him and David Stern in their collective ass with a big rubber fist.

People hate on Lebron much like Manning before winning his first SB. Can't win the big one, blah blah blah.

Lebron did bring some of this on himself though with the whole decision thing on ESPN. I don't blame him for leaving Cleveland. That is business. The manner in which he did it, that is why everyone hates him and wants to see him fail.

Oh and in case anyone hasn't figured this out yet, Lebron will never be Batman. He will have to be Robin to win championships.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:07 am

I just don't think Lebron has developed his game enough. Both he and Wade play the same way, with an open court facing the basket. Lebron needs to develop a post-up game. He certainly has the size and potential skill set to do so. Then have the other players in movement around him.
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 am

"Still don't get the LeBron hate though."

You're the one that's obsessed with this. Nobody hates LeBron, they just like to make fun of his failure. Why you can't seem to get this thru your thick skull is proof that you're the one who is trying to make it a hate issue when it's not. Why do you need "everybody" to hate LeBron so badly? Are you that desperate for company?

"People hate on Lebron much like Manning before winning his first SB."

Sorry BRM, everybody still hates Manning. It had nothing to do with him not winning a SB. In fact, people probably hate him even more now. And so sorry that your whitebread cracker hero will never, ever come close to being considered as great a football player as Jordan was a basketball player. And it obviously kills you. Trying to credit Jordan's greatness with some klaatu-like conspiracy involving David Stern (easy jew target for a midwestern corn-eating retard Peyton fan like yourself, just like Jordan is an easy nigger target) is pathetic. But enjoy lil Pey-pey choking out in the playoffs and your whitebread Bird-led Pacers getting an 8 seed every year. Your white rage is rather amusing, Big<s>Red</s>WhiteMan...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 am

Damn, that seemed a little harsh on the re-read...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

Jungle Rat wrote:Still don't get it. The guy left Cleveland for a better chance. They made the finals. Cleveland didn't surround him with enough players to have that chance. That's on ownership.
He made the Finals with Cleveland too. Both times ended the same. They lost. He had chances in Cleveland. Also, there is the "small market anxiety" of Lebron's actions (and Carmelo, to an extent) impacting the L where only 5 teams have a consistent shot at landing superstars. People wanted to see him fail to give them solace in the fact that you can't just shortcut your way to a ring.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am

hedge wrote:"Still don't get the LeBron hate though."

You're the one that's obsessed with this. Nobody hates LeBron, they just like to make fun of his failure. Why you can't seem to get this thru your thick skull is proof that you're the one who is trying to make it a hate issue when it's not. Why do you need "everybody" to hate LeBron so badly? Are you that desperate for company?

"People hate on Lebron much like Manning before winning his first SB."

Sorry BRM, everybody still hates Manning. It had nothing to do with him not winning a SB. In fact, people probably hate him even more now. And so sorry that your whitebread cracker hero will never, ever come close to being considered as great a football player as Jordan was a basketball player. And it obviously kills you. Trying to credit Jordan's greatness with some klaatu-like conspiracy involving David Stern (easy jew target for a midwestern corn-eating retard Peyton fan like yourself, just like Jordan is an easy nigger target) is pathetic. But enjoy lil Pey-pey choking out in the playoffs and your whitebread Bird-led Pacers getting an 8 seed every year. Your white rage is rather amusing, Big<s>Red</s>WhiteMan...
It doesn't hurt me at all Hedge. People gonna hate no matter what you say.

And if you don't think Jordan and the Bulls didn't get any "calls" on the floor, then you have the Ray Charles vision of the NBA in the 90's.

You know I think you are looking a little to deep into this hedge. Doesn't have anything to do with race or color. At all.

Shit, I hate Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheat more than I do Jordan.

And with that said, fuck the NBA, I hope it burns to the ground. Long live college and NFL football.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 am

Why does hedge hate LeBron?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 am

"And if you don't think Jordan and the Bulls didn't get any "calls" on the floor, then you have the Ray Charles vision of the NBA in the 90's."

Big difference in saying Jordan got some calls (like any superstar in the league does) and claiming that that was the reason he was the greatest...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:48 am

hedge wrote:
Big difference in saying Jordan got some calls (like any superstar in the league does) and claiming that that was the reason he was the greatest...

Heh...Some calls?? He got EVERY call.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 pm

And you got none. Don't be bitter...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

alot of pressure lately on UK to build a competing arena with the Yum! center.

so one of the lackeys at KSR went out and did a study on the 10 most profitable basketball programs and found that 7 of the 10 have the traditional arena/gyms without luxury boxes.

It was a pretty good write up and in my eyes effectively killed any argument that can made about replacing Rupp Arena.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:54 pm

hedge wrote:"And if you don't think Jordan and the Bulls didn't get any "calls" on the floor, then you have the Ray Charles vision of the NBA in the 90's."

Not really. Was Jordan a good player. Without a doubt. Did the NBA get behind the marketing machine that was MJ? You damn right they did. And with the recent shit with Donahue(sic?) and the other refs he mentioned.....doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to put a few things together Hedgey.

He was the most protected player in the league and anyone that played with him was also.

Need proof - 2 words - Toni Kukoc. Man was shit when Jordan wasn't around.

If I was the only person that felt this way, sure I could understand what you are saying.

I'm not and you damn well know it.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 pm

You're retarded.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm

"Was Jordan a good player. Without a doubt."

Wow, you're really going out on a limb there, eh, BRM...

"If I was the only person that felt this way, sure I could understand what you are saying. I'm not and you damn well know it."

Yes, there are a few grumbling, grovelling haters out there and I've heard their bellyaching (makes me laugh every time), but I've heard dozens and dozens more people who follow basketball for a living who have said that Jordan is the greatest ever. And I witnessed his entire career for myself. Hmmmmm, who to believe?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 pm

There should be some kind of special recognition when someone says something so dumb that it entices Cletus to post a retort.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Yeah I know. Fuck I am impressed by it actually.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

If Jordan was simply a protected "good" player, then you wouldn't find the long list of players who acknowledge his supremacy.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:03 pm

He wanted a bigger stage, he wanted to celebrate being on the bigger stage and he had a network (ESPN that is now crucifying him) that catered to a young man's ego. I can't see why Cleveland fans are pissed. The guy gave them their shot, got them to the finals, played for the home team and then decided it was time to move on.

e, let me preface this by saying I agree with you regarding LeBron, but replace LeBron with Pitino and Cleveland with UK, Miami with Boston and do you still feel the same way?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:24 pm

actually I'm not one of those guys that begrudged Pitino going to Boston.

It was $63 million and a shot to be the next Pat Riley for a storied franchise.

As much as I love UK, who would say no to that? especially a northeastern guy like Pitino.

I've never been one of those guys that laugh at the idea of Cal going to the Knicks or Lakers either.

Actually Cleveland may have more reason to be upset because Lebron was supposedly the local guy. Pitino and Cal are hired guns

I have a problem with Pitino going to Louisville, but not Boston.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.