hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:16 pm

"Isn't Meeks the kid we were laughing about being a big fat kid?"

Yep. He's a little goofy, but evidently a player. Great outlet passer, obviously, which was what he was billed as. Looks like he can rebound, too. Hopefully his career trajectory will be similar to Shun May's...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 pm

that was a good win for UNC today. That should go a long way toward calming the masses down.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Paige is clearly pretty good. Likewise Brice Johnson and Meeks. We're not a FF team this year, but we've got some talent and something to look forward to...

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

the Johnson kid's got hops...super quick off the ground. meeks and (esp) paige are better than I thought they were. you guys might not end up killing our rpi after all....

if ul can't turn you over before it becomes a half court set, they're done for. they've got zero post presence on offense or defense and can't rebound a lick

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:15 pm

lose to Belmont. Beat Louisville. Weird stuff in basketball.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:27 pm

I thought I saw the inkling of Antawn Jamison in Johnson last year and, while that's still far too wildly optimistic to hope for, he's definitely got some game. Looking forward to watching him develop...

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 pm

today's the first time he's made an impression on me...I saw more Henson than jamison

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:01 pm

He's not as long as Henson. And although Henson ended up being pretty good, I'd take Jamison any day. I'd take Jamison over just about anybody. As far as UK players, I'd take Mashburn over anybody. Between Jamison and Mashburn? Close fucking call...

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Marcus Paige has taken this team over (thank God!). He's beginning to remind me of Johnny Dawkins with that wicked lefthanded stroke. Meeks is gonna be alright when he drops another 30 pounds, but he's a smart basketball player (unlike the boneheaded Tokoto). Good call on the Jamison-Henson combo comparison of Brice Johnson -- NOT saying he's as good as either player -- but I'll take him as a poor man's version of either. He's certainly our best interior scoring option. McAdoo? Lord have mercy, he cost himself millions by not riding that Charles Barkley Hype Train to the league after the 2012 NCAA Tournament. At this point, I don't think he has any choice but to come back for his senior season, unless he wants to be a 2nd round draft choice. That is absolutely shocking, considering he was Co-MVP of both the McDonald's All-American and the Jordan All-Star games.

One last thing...Fuck the NCAA for their double standards on the handling of the P.J. Hairston situation. Yes, he deserved to be suspended. But doing nothing to Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton, or even the Louisville player pulling the same rental car shit is absurd.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Heh a U*UNC fan bitching about the NCAA. They should have shut down your corrupt illegal program decades ago. Stop fucking cheating you sack of shit and you wont have a complaint. AFAM mother fucker. you give degrees to athletes that cant read or write. Dean has bribed officials for favorable calls for decades. Everything about your program is based on cheating and fraud and the NCAA has been your willing accomplice. You should be sucking teh NCAA's dick rather than bitching because a governing body with any ingetrity would have burnt your school to the ground a long time ago.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:04 pm

1. Louisville was off today, but part of that was because of UNC.

2. Roy outcoached Slick Rick. Dean and Roy both own Slick Rick. The last time I saw someone coach circles around Slick Rick like that, it was Dean Smith in 1995. The football equivalent of that would be the way Spurrier used to coach circles around Phat Phil.

3. Marcus Paige is a beast.

4. Brice Johnson has made big strides.

5. If Paige goes down, this team is screwed, even if PJ and Leslie are back.

6. If Paige, Johnson, Meeks and James are here and healthy in 2015-2016 and the recruits we have coming into the program pan out, the 2015-2016 squad will be a juggernaut. They will need a shooter or two, but I think that will happen.

7. Nate Britt has been a pleasant surprise. He isn't going to overwhelm you, but he is serviceable.

8. Roy outcoached Slick Rick. I wanted to repeat that. The point zone has a lot of potential, imho.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 pm

BTW K the NCAA aint your problem here. they've said your drug running, agent benefit taking, illiterate, never gone to class in his life ghetto thug is not going to play NCAA basketball again ever. That deal is done. The Rams club and it's cronies are the one keeping your hopes up as they keep throwing money at the NCAA to let PJ back on the court. Even Bubba you're AD doesnt want him back Roy OTOH wants another elite 8 before he rides of in the sunset. The taliban could teach U*Nc about ethics. I dont like their ethics but at least they have them U*Nc. Not so much.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 pm

. Roy outcoached Slick Rick

and your boy GB want Roy replaced by a moron from FSU and someone that would gut U*NC's program to the bones the moment he stepped n campus.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:33 pm

he last time I saw someone coach circles around Slick Rick like that, it was Dean Smith in 1995

that's because in 1995 Deans players hadnt seen the inside of a classroom in six months yet were graduating from the Harvard of teh South at a 96% clip regardless of whether they could read or write as long as they spent the summer of their rookie NBA season back in Chapel Hill letting the new recruits drive around in their BMW's and Land Rovers.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 pm

You have nothing--and I mean absofuckinglutely nothing--to talk about with your own team and constantly bitch about UNC. It must suck to be a State fan.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 am

Go hug your tommy burleson mustache doll from 1973, pecker fan. That's all you've got...Soviet TV era grainy memories. And remember as you point the finger at us "cheaters", that's the only damn way y'all won that one.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:20 am

I can talk about the fact that U*NC is the most corrupt program in sport. I can talk about the fact that that U*NC thought so little of your degree that you had to attend South Carolina to get an education that would put bacon on your table. I can talk about the fact that has you not gone to a real university in South Carolina you'd be helping Hedge load feed trucks to farmers using NC State technology to feed people. I can talk about the fact that you have not legitimately won a game in 20+ years because your athletes have the lowest SAT/ACT scores in the conference while graduating at a 90% rate. How does it feel that an illiterate jock has a better U*Nc degree than you do? Have I mention that you're whole university is a joke? Community colleges have more integrity than your school?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 am

The Anti k* wrote:Go hug your tommy burleson mustache doll from 1973, pecker fan. That's all you've got...Soviet TV era grainy memories. And remember as you point the finger at us "cheaters", that's the only damn way y'all won that one.
Cheating is the only way you've ever done anything. You want to compare a pickup game and some tickets and shoes to an entire academic department set up to give athletes whatever grade they need to remain eligible and agents paying payers, and boosters providing houses and cars.
yes you have a very succesful program. You've paid for every bit of it. You should be pissed that the cheating you've done has only resulted in 5 titles. Wooden laughs at your asses. With the cheating you've done you should have at least 10 titles. U*NC is not only the most corrupt program in sport but the most pathetic. You have paid NBA all star after NBA all star to stick around your shitty school for MSU results. What a joke.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 am

I cannot say it enough. U*NC's athletic program is a joke. You give degrees to illiterates. You pay players to come to your "school". You have run enough NBA talent through your program to field an "All NBA team" and yet you only have 5 ncaa titles. two of which were paid for by gamblers. I honestly have more respect for the crackhead sucking dick for fire wood than I do your program.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 am

Answer me bitches. You fucking cant. You know as well as I do that your program is built on lies and filth.