AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Noob bitch.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Is it true that you have to register your games and that you must have it hooked to the internet?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Only if your wifi reaches from the back room to the den...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 pm

That's a pity. Was just about to get plaster walls.
— Abraham Lincoln

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Hire a Mexican.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:44 am

I've got Xbox live but have never played a game online with other noobs. Seems creepy.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Is it true that you have to register your games and that you must have it hooked to the internet?

I read it has to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 am

That is correct. Xbox One has to check in at least once every 24 hours.

When they started it was :

Persistent Internet Connection
No Used Games

Now they have went back on both because the gaming community said FUCK YOU!

It is funny how their marketing has changed.

For the PS3, they were targeting the more mature gamer (24+) that had money and just wanted to play games and not so much worried about online. They offered media services like Netflix and such.

For the Xbox 360, they were targeting younger demos (13-21) for online play and such and focused more in that realm.

Now, the PS4 is pushing the online gaming with sharing and live video chat with friends.

The Xbox One is now pushing to be the all in one entertainment device that also plays games.

Depending on how sales go, I will be interested on how long the Xbox one will be more expensive than the PS4.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am

I recently installed the Windows Media Center and connected my computer to the Xbox and now my TV (thru the Xbox) will play any videos or music on a shared drive which is helpful.

The Xbox One kinect is supposed to be vastly improved being able to distinguish up to 6 different people in a room based on a number of factors including facial recognition, weight, height and breathing patterns. Supposedly that is going to lead to some breakthrough games.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 am

I'm pretty sure right now that once I get to the point I'm ready to spend a bit of money (I just bought a condo and am updating it), I am just going to spend a chunk to replace my PC and instead of getting a cheap pre-built I'll probably have a very advanced custom one built and that'll be my game system. Most of the console games I play would be available on PC anyway and probably over half the games I play I get for the PC anyway.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:05 am

yea I went that route early on but the problem is what is the shelf life of a gaming computer? - If every 3 years I have to buy an $89 memory upgrade and a $299 video card to play a $60 game (I'm talking to you Battlefield), then I think I'd rather plunk the money down on a console and just use the computer for the internet and business apps.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah, I'm leary about it too, but it seems like that kind of thing has slowed way down. My current PC is over 6 years old and it was only a shitty $350 Acer machine. I don't think that the specs for a gaming machine can jump out of this world anymore because the game developers have to stick with technology that works on the consoles and as this generation has shown the console technology basically just sits around at a level for about a decade per generation now.

I plan on buying a machine with one of the top end graphics cards and 16 GB, and solid state hard drives. That bitch better be still be adequate 5 years from now.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:24 pm

It will be for most needs but gamer machines need to have video cards replaced every 2 years period.

Console is the way to go for long term gaming. PS3 will still have a viable shelf life of at least 2 more years if not 3-4. I mean they just stopped production of new PS2 machines a little over a year ago.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:43 pm

If looks could kill, they probably will
In games without frontiers-war without tears
Games without frontiers-war without tears
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:34 pm

problem with PC gaming is dude with the souped up graphics card & ultra-modded PC is playing on a different level than you, I like knowing that 95% of the people I play on XBox online are using consoles spec'ed the same way mine is
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Pretty spot on...

http://www.waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/why-g ... happy.html

I'm looking at you, aTm
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Why must you taunt me so?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 pm

T Dot O Dot wrote:problem with PC gaming is dude with the souped up graphics card & ultra-modded PC is playing on a different level than you, I like knowing that 95% of the people I play on XBox online are using consoles spec'ed the same way mine is

I don't know that I agree with that..I guess if you don't hve a top off the line video card, you're not going to have high resolution, anti-aliasing, shadowing - all the geometry stuff, but I don't think the guy is able to play the game at a faster pace than you - the game is just toned down to where its playable on your computer.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:32 pm

they cant play faster but their machines can process images & graphics faster with more efficiency

i.e. you and I are travelling on an intersecting pathway from opposite directions an equal distance from each other

you may not be going any faster than I am but if your running a superior system there's a chance you'll see me coming before I even make you out

I first saw stuff like this with my cousin who used to play Doom I think? Anyway, if you were in trouble and close to water you could always dive for water and get away scott free until the better video cards allowed players to see body shapes that were submerged
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 am

if you get bored, you can look up mugshots of people you know that have been arrested

http://www.justmugshots.com/search