The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Dave23 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 am

New Phish tune debuted Halloween night commemorating Darius Washington's missed FT's vs Louisville in the CUSA championship game a few years back...

[youtube]85uRLWPPUfM[/youtube]
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 pm

My alma mater finished first in their sucky mid-major conference (perhaps the worst conf in division-1) and almost made the tourney last year, ALMOST being the operative word. It remains to be seen if they can duplicate that feet (or hopefully, better it.)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... rn-huskies

It's a Junior team mostly this year. No one on the roster of 6'8". We depend on Pollard, Quincy Ford, Eatherton, and Spenncer (all Juniors.) Each of them averaged about 30 minutes of game time per game last year so we have quite a bit of returning expereience. Still, the team is designed to win big NEXT year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm

I guess that's better than being designed to win last year...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 pm

hedge wrote:I guess that's better than being designed to win last year...
We WERE designed to win last year. Of course NU suffered from the same problem all the other mid-major division-1 programs suffer from when recruiting hoops players just a wee bit too short at forward: they can't fucking rebound.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 am

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 am

I think every team designs to win though not necessarily destined to do so. You have to be a cruel masochist to design to lose unless you are a lower tier NBA franchise trying to get Wiggins. Then, you are not sadistic, just stupid.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm late to the game on this apparently.

message boards are full of rumors that Hairston was pulled from practice today and his season at UNC is done.

whats worse is , some UNC insiders are now pissed at Roy because he opted to keep Hairston on the team as long as he did, keeping the spotlight on Carolina and potentially having even more damaging information coming out - now that Faulcon? momma rolled on him and apparently someone key to the investigation has rejected a plea deal (I really need to get up to speed on all of this because I have no idea what a guy supplying a rental car would need to plea bargain for) but whatever the deal that is rejected, its going to be damaging to Carolina.

Rumor also has McDonald out 7 or so games. (no idea what he did)

this may be old news or internet bullshit but its got a long ass thread tied to it I don't feel like reading
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 pm

I read on IC that the McDonald thing was something about him wearing a particular brand of mouth guard and the manufacturer was touting it. As far as Hairston, I did notice in the monthly "Ask (whatever his name is)" column where some dude answers posters' questions, he kept saying "if Hairston doesn't play this season" as a qualifier. Perhaps that was a tell...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Not much on the premium board except a thread saying McD nor Hairston will play in the opener...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 pm

much ado about nothing then I guess.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Actually, it may be not enough ado about something. But there are not many (any?) fan bases that don't have a sizable percentage who are very content to bury their heads in the sand regarding bad news...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:56 pm

ACC sent just 4 Dancing last year (Miami, NC State, UNC, and Duke.) Now, with expansion from 12 to 15, that number last year would have been 7 Dancing (Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh.)

Lets assume the ACC sends 7 out of 15 Dancing again this year. I might buy that. Okay of the 7 that went last year which ones would NOT go Dancing this year? Because I don't see much March-Madness-turnover/space for programs that will be better like UVa, Maryland, or BC.

(on edit) With Louisville next year, the ACC will just be stupid-strong in hoops.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Much like with you in here this (or any) year, we are just stupid...

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Hairston and Fats testimony to the NCAA has been contradicted by Faulcon's mother. She claims that PJ has been by her house several times driving a camaro that was rented by Fats and/or his baby momma, and that the car was rented for PJ, not Faulcon. He said, she said. PJ claims that he's only driven the car a few times and just happens to have gotten a parking/speeding ticket every time he's driven it.

The mouthpieces are $1200 mouthpieces (I shit you not, check the website) McDonald and PJ wore them all last season. I think the media guide for U*NC basketball has a picture on the cover of PJ wearing one of the guards. The website for the guard company had a picture of McDonald with an endorsement of some type.

The dentist that makes the guards is cousins with Fats.

I think that's the case. Read the first post here

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=12266109

for a recap of the connection between Fats and the dentist.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:51 pm

You should be worried about Leak and the looming problems NCSU will face because of him. WRAL is all over it but for some reason the State-run N&O is pretending it doesn't exist.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Leak, eric leak. Oh yeah he loaned a car to cj Leslie year before last when cj's car broke down. We found out about it, suspended CJ, notified the NCAA and sent Leak a disassociation letter. The NCAA signed off on it and said we handled to correctly.

Then we found out that he went halvsies on a car with David Anderson after last year's bowl game. Guess what? That ain't a violation. We sent him a letter telling him he's trespassing if he comes back on campus just because we don't want any trouble in the future. Big difference in the way we handle our stuff and ol' Roy watching PJ park a rented SS Camero right outside the Dean dome for an entire summer.

WRAL's story was cooked up by a UNC fan from IC that spent a couple of months hanging out on State's campus writing down tag numbers and looking through thousands of parking tickets. He shopped his story to several stations and WRAL was the only station that bit.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm

State run N&O. Laugh my ass clean off.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 pm

" Read the first post here

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=12266109

for a recap of the connection between Fats and the dentist."

Good god, the guy who put that together makes you look like a UNC supporter. Who the fuck has the time or inclination for that shit?? For a rival college athletic program??

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm

"a UNC fan from IC that spent a couple of months hanging out on State's campus writing down tag numbers and looking through thousands of parking tickets."

That is also pathetic...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:53 pm

WRAL's "investigative reporter"..