Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Owlman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:34 pm

hedge wrote:"Hell, my roommate has about 4000 units of real estate, either apartments or single family homes. His income has never been above $30,000."

That's my situation (not the 4000 units, but the keeping the income way down so as not to pay various taxes). But my question is, do they look at the $30K when determining "income" in that situation, or do they look at what the business brought in? If it's the former, I can make sure I qualify for a subsidy. If the latter, I can't...
you can write an executive memo for your records, that the business (is it an LLC, S corp or sole proprietorship) will agree to pay the premiums for the President or member manager, etc. Then you can use the take home income to determine the insurance premium. Part of this depends on your corporate set-up though. An accountant would be able to pick the best set-up for you.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:39 pm

bullshit claims for birth control pills
There's a man who couldn't get pussy until he got married, if then
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm

I think I"d sue the pension fun administrator for incompetence

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/24/retirem ... ?hpt=hp_t3
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:45 am

" Its just another government mandated, ponzi scheme, wealth transfer, from young to old. Because old people vote and they do NOT want to be made to feel guilty that they are fucking over their kids and grand kids."

It really does boil down to those 70 and above consuming Medicare social security and govt pension at a rate much higher then those under 65 can replace it. and they should feel guilty for fucking over their grandkids.

How hard would it be for anyone say 75 yo or older to say fuck it if I get sick quit trying to save me

instead those old farts are brain washed into spending gobs of money to try to save themselves in their last 6 mos of life

in a lot of instances I think their should be someone saying the govt has spent enuf on you no more

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 am

crashcourse wrote:" Its just another government mandated, ponzi scheme, wealth transfer, from young to old. Because old people vote and they do NOT want to be made to feel guilty that they are fucking over their kids and grand kids."

It really does boil down to those 70 and above consuming Medicare social security and govt pension at a rate much higher then those under 65 can replace it. and they should feel guilty for fucking over their grandkids.

How hard would it be for anyone say 75 yo or older to say fuck it if I get sick quit trying to save me

instead those old farts are brain washed into spending gobs of money to try to save themselves in their last 6 mos of life

in a lot of instances I think their should be someone saying the govt has spent enuf on you no more

I don't know if they should feel guilty about it - they paid into Social Security and Medicaid just like everyone else. Its not their fault the are a heavily populated demographic. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if a good chunk of the under 65 set paying in made more than $10 an hour and were legal citizens. I know I'm a broken record but a great number of domestic problems would be alleviated if we just mandated a living wage and locked down the borders. And I know if I'm able, hell yea I'm going to say save my ass at 75, give me the heart of a 25 year old motorcycle rider. Given my penchant for Sonic hamburgers, I doubt I see 75 though.

If anyone should feel guilty, its Lyndon Johnson for pushing for a unsustainable health care system for the elderly when the boomers were coming into their earning and taxpaying peak and congress for using it as a gift bag for the last 30 years to garner votes.

Any government program has to have a built in ceiling and limits tied to the demographics and tax revenues. Its a fatal mistake our government makes every time they implement something - and it will be true of the ACA as well.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

Government is going to do whatever big business wants them to do. Insurance companies are tickled to death with the current arrangement, charge people a bunch of money for insurance that they (for the most part) are never going to need or use (or use much less of than they pay in over 40 years), then when they hit 65, turn them over to the government (Medicare). The insurance companies rake in a fortune off of premiums they then get to invest and increase even more, and even when they fuck up on those investments, the government comes in and bails them out. The little guy can't win...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 am

From the final IRS regs on the administration and procedure of collecting the Obamacare penalty:

"The shared responsibility payment is payable upon notice and demand by the Secretary, and except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, is assessed
and collected in the same manner as an assessable penalty under subchapter B of chapter 68 of the Internal Revenue Code. The shared responsibility payment is not subject to deficiency procedures of subchapter B of chapter 63 of the Internal Revenue Code. Interest on this payment accrues in accordance with the rules in section
(b) Special rules. Notwithstanding any other provision of law—
(1) Waiver of criminal penalties. In the case of a failure by a taxpayer to timely pay the shared responsibility payment, the taxpayer is not subject to criminal prosecution or penalty for the failure.
(2) Limitations on liens and levies. If a taxpayer fails to pay the shared responsibility payment imposed by this section and §§ 1.5000A–1 through 1.5000A–4, the Secretary will not file notice of lien on any property of the taxpayer, or levy on any property of the taxpayer for the failure.
(3) Authority to offset against overpayment. Nothing in this section prohibits the Secretary from offsetting any liability for the shared responsibility payment against any overpayment due the taxpayer, in accordance with section 6402(a) and its corresponding regulations."

I think it means as long as you owe on your tax return, you may never have to pay the penalty if you choose not to enroll in a health plan.

Rat, my bill is in the mail.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:35 am

Well, now that I think about it. You can't really get away with it because any payment you make in the future towards income tax will probably be first applied to the penalty and you would be in deficiency of the income tax...then they can go after you....I think. At least you get a year deferral.

I still will send Rat a bill.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

Owlman wrote:
bullshit claims for birth control pills
There's a man who couldn't get pussy until he got married, if then
Lets be clear

when I say women putting in health insurance claims for birth control pills (Sandra Fluke style) is bullshit, I mean it is bullshit in the same sense that at age 22, I didn't get to put in a claim to BCBS for condom reimbursement. if not for me, then why for her?

at age 23 I DID agree to PAY for my girlfriend's birth control pills because she wasn't working at the time and we both hated condoms (her hate for the condom equal to the white hot fire of 1000 suns instantly supernova)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:58 am

Birth control pills are used for more than just birth control. And they save the system money. The cost of one baby would cover many scripts.

Many agencies give out free condoms.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Birth control pills are used for more than just birth control. And they save the system money. The cost of one baby would cover many scripts.

if you can't afford to buy condoms or birth control pills (and you don't want to get someone or yourself pregnant) you can't afford to fuck
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 pm

"How hard would it be for anyone say 75 yo or older to say fuck it if I get sick quit trying to save me"
My mom said that at 73

Sardis, what if you don't file a tax return?

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:Birth control pills are used for more than just birth control. And they save the system money. The cost of one baby would cover many scripts.

if you can't afford to buy condoms or birth control pills (and you don't want to get someone or yourself pregnant) you can't afford to fuck

Your comment has nothing to do with what I typed.

That said, okay. Some can't afford it. Recognition of that has no effect on the activity being done regardless or the costs involved.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm

"I don't know if they should feel guilty about it - they paid into Social Security and Medicaid just like everyone else"

social security is sustainable

medicare is not. we need somebody with big enough balls to pull the plug when it needs to be pulled.

the rest of the worlsd can many times dso that because techknowledgy and availablility lacks.

here we can keep grandma and grandpa alive well into the 80's with the youngsters footing the bill eventually drivng the system broke

is that fair? btw I dont think there is any guilt felt--they breally dont understand. alot ofre starting to wise up though of just what we are leaving them

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree with crash in theory, but when it's one of your parents or grandparents, emotions get involved and theory flies out the window...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Wonder how these 30-40 something blowhards will feel about SSI & Medicare 30 years from now. I'm betting different.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm

hedge wrote:I agree with crash in theory, but when it's one of your parents or grandparents, emotions get involved and theory flies out the window...
Sometimes. Of course government money for an entitlement gets involved and then emotions fly out the window.

When my brother-in-law is working the Emergency Room and he is in the process of talking to "the family" about Grandma and that she might finally be "letting go" and asking "the family" how much effort (effort = Medicare money) they want the hospital to put in to try and keep grammy alive, far too often the conversation isn't whether or not they are doing grammy's wishes. It is instead, does "the family" think they can afford to live the lifestyle they are accustomed to without grammy's monthly social security check.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:

Your comment has nothing to do with what I typed.

That said, okay. Some can't afford it. Recognition of that has no effect on the activity being done regardless or the costs involved.
Granted.

But the costs involved always existed (certainly since Adam deflowered Eve.) Those tiny pills that turn a woman's uterus into an UN-productive machine, have only been around for 50 years or so and somehow (someway) society was able to get along just fine without women having their contreption subsidized by either an insurance policy or a government entitlement. It appears the costs involved have only become an issue the moment we stopped shaming our unmarried kids from doing what they should NOT be doing in the first place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Somehow I doubt you are going to be as sanguine about this issue when your turn to die comes up. Which will be soon, hopefully...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 pm

"society was able to get along just fine without women having their contreption subsidized by either an insurance policy or a government entitlement."

Ah, you mean like the good old days of the industrial revolution in Europe, when kids worked the factory 12 hours a day, 7 days a week? Yep, "society" got along just fine, didn't it, Scrooge?