Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 pm

hedge wrote:I said from the beginning that I'd be most pissed if I just been skating along without having to pay shit and now all of a sudden the government is doing me the "favor" of letting me actually pay for my own health insurance. <Irish girlfriend from Caddy Shack voice>Thanks for nut'in!</IgfCSv>. You would think making the slackers and sluggards actually having to pay their own way would brings costs down for everyone. After all, the "official" reason that health insurance cost so much was b/c the ones who were paying were having to pay extra for all those that didn't pay. Now we're getting all the slackers to pay their own way, and guess what? My rate now goes up 150%. I'm sure they'll find a way to explain that...
Obamacare says you can't have a basic no frills policy anymore, and because there are no pre-existing conditions limitations, there are going to be some people that are burning through insurance money that had caps or no insurance at all - which means that insurance companies are having to adjust to those costs - the net result is the uber cheap policies are gone, the high end premium policies are exorbitant and most people are going to be in a model where they not only pay noticeable premiums - unless they are poor - they will also have to set aside money for a rather healthy deductible. That is the new reality for the "non-poor" whether they are in exchanges or not.

However if insurance companies don't spend something like 85% on claims, you get a refund -assuming auditing is accurate and they don't hide shit (you ain't getting a refund)

Whats crazy is now you're going to have a whole subset of people who will be debating whether they want to earn a few thousand more a year, just to see a good chunk of that go to insurance, or just stay within the subsidized lines of where they are now - given that insurance is mandatory.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:21 am

In the past if you were financially destitute like Hedge you could do without insurance and take your chances. Under the ACA if you're too poor to afford insurance they fine you for it and use your money to pay for coverage for illegals and welfare recipients.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 am

Why we will never get it right anymore. We've all seen it play out live on here.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/12/bu ... d-too.html
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

80% and illegals are not covered under the ACA at all.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:32 am

Bklyn wrote:Why we will never get it right anymore. We've all seen it play out live on here.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/12/bu ... d-too.html

yea, I've said that for awhile - having a 24/7 news channel that presents news slanted toward your particular view of the world is detrimental to this country and is why we are so divisive now.

I heard someone say that news should be mandatory and without advertising on every station - then it would eliminate the talking heads whose sole purpose is to attract viewers (and you don't attract viewers by pissing them off with views contrary to theirs) and generate advertising revenue.

Fox News and MSNBC are in the entertainment business, not news business, but far too many Americans see them as the gospel.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:33 am

Owlman wrote:80% and illegals are not covered under the ACA at all.

could care less about illegals but the 80% are still highly effected by its results and mandates which is more infuriating.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 am

eCat wrote:
Fox News and MSNBC are in the entertainment business, not news business, but far too many Americans see them as the gospel.
EFZ
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:11 pm

"Fox News and MSNBC are in the entertainment business, not news business"

I'm not so sure there's a huge distinction b/w news and entertainment...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:21 pm

The 80% is that the insurance companies have to spend 80% on patients not overhead
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:20 pm

You can't treat patients without incurring some overhead. The nurses need toilet paper. Etc...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... listening/

"However, the biggest problem is with “crisis messaging” itself and the media’s dissemination of it. Everything in America is now a “crisis” – nowhere more so than in Washington and to no one more than the media. The problem is that when everything is a “crisis,” nothing is."

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:33 am

Excellent window into the evolution of the Bush/Cheney relationship:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/ma ... riage.html

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:56 am

I thought what Dan Rather and CBS tried to do w/GWB was pretty damn entertaining myself.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 am

Toemeesleather wrote:Fox News and MSNBC are in the entertainment business, not news business, but far too many Americans see them as the gospel.

I thought what Dan Rather and CBS tried to do w/GWB was pretty damn entertaining myself.
I never knew the whole story with that, but just because Rather did the story, I never felt he should be the fall guy for it.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 am

Rather thought so to, so he sued CBS and his case was dismissed. He also still thinks the story was true despite the fact that it hinged on secret fake memos from a dead guy's "personal files"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:28 am

still thinks its true eh?

well, he's had his moment in the sun

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am

no idea if this photo is real or not but I love it anyways.

supposedly it happened during the veterans attempt to visit the WWII memorial during the shutdown

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 am

Not likely. Only about 200 showed up for the so-called million veteran march.

If it's about publicity though, then it was wildly successful. They've gotten a lot of press on it.
My Dad is my hero still.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 am

I don't think they'd let the plane fly over the mall like that...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 am

oh my god, it would give off the totally different vibe if this was the million man march