Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 am

isn't red hair a bit of a wild card in the gene pool anyways?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:45 am

With freckles.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 am

Supposedly the queen disliked Diana, amongst other reasons, b/c the Spencer fambly is far more ancient in Great Britain than her Jaw-neh come lately Saxe-Coburg-Gotha line that are really just a bunch of foreigners to start with...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 am

Bklyn,

The queen would absolutely have brought it out. To not do so would be the death of their bloodline as monarchs. And, supposedly, she was the one who demanded that Diana publicly admit the affair. She apparently thought it would make her be hated with the public. It did not.

I'm not a lover of the Royals, but I don't believe Diana was even introduced to the major until after the first child was born. Who knows.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am

Am I the only one that thinks Chelsea Clinton looks alot like Webster Hubbel?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 am

AlabamAlum wrote:I'm not a lover of the Royals, but I don't believe Diana was even introduced to the major until after the first child was born.
Harry is the bastard, IMO, not William (the first born). I would be more in line believe your line of thought if the bloodline was not secure with William (who is soooo obviously his father's child). But with him being the first born male, the throne was not in jeopardy.

Also, since Harry is the second born, it would make sense that Major could legitimately be his father.

(I'm almost embarassed to be still talking about this...I was really just amazed at how much we like this chick, considering how nuts she was)
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Aristocrats can't be nuts, only eccentric.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't think the queen would consider one son (especially considering the Royals' scandals and 'required' military service) safe for the preservation of the bloodline. The "heir and a spare" cliché exists for a reason.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Just think, if QEII's uncle Eddie hadn't abdicated, nobody would have even heard of her or any of her offspring. They'd all be distant from any hope at the throne. Just goes to show how fickle the strings of fortune are upon which the monarchy dangles...

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 pm

I couldn't give less of a shit about any of the lot.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Exactly. As brook said. I'm a but embarrassed talking about them as much as I did.
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh pshaw. They're as much a topic of general interest and conversation as most of the other generally worthless people we discuss in here on a regular basis. They're the Kardashians with a pedigree. Not that that's saying anything. But we spend our life in here discussing a revolving door of teenage kids who play football and basketball, what's the shame in an occasional mention of a dynastic royal fambly of europe? Now then, if somebody wanted to start a thread about it, I'd advocate that person's immediate assassination, but I don't see that happening (somebody asking to start a thread on the royals, that is, not my calling for someone's immediate assassination, which I feel as a personal duty as well as a delightful sideline). And I have to say I'm a bit shocked at Cletus turning on his own kind like this. You know very well Liz or Chas or Wilie would be welcomed with open arms at The Grove (in the highly unlikely event that they deigned to attend the festivities). Shame on you...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Navy Yard Shooter - arrested 3 times, one for shooting out the tires of a car he thought was spying on him, was not convicted on any of them - clean record for background check.

Went to VA citing voices in head and microwave beams trying to hurt him. Laws prevent VA from telling anyone.

Yet we'll talk about gun legislation for the next two weeks, attempting to outlaw assault rifles even though he used a Remington 870 shotgun - the last gun that will ever be outlawed.

The common denominator isn't guns, its crazy people
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 pm

The bigger story buried in this is military roles and clearances being outsourced to non-military personnel. Some want our government small enough to drown in a bathtub, but what you oftentimes get is a government that people still want around and key components of the government outsourced to the private sector. This leads you to the DC shooter and Edward Snowdens of the world. Our security clearance permissions and levels are out of control.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:09 am

so you're saying bureaucracy would have kept those people alive?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:54 pm

No. It doesn't have to be bureaucratic and all government functions are not necessarily bogged down by bureaucracy.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 pm

That's true, but something like this could very easily have been done by a legit govertnment employee. Just so happened that this time it was an outsourced guy...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 pm

When it keeps happening with outsourced resources, then maybe one should look at the model. That's all I'm saying.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 pm

I agree. Just saying that crazy isn't limited to employee status...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:51 am

Starbucks finds themselves in a policy snafu they didn't ask for.

They recently made the mistake of publicly commenting on gun policy - which basically was them saying they'd honor local gun laws but pro gun zealots decided that starbucks was to become a rallying point so they all start showing up looking like Rambo's and scaring off all the birkenstock crowd that Starbucks needs to sell $7 coffee's.

So the CEO reiterates (after the Navy incident) that while Starbucks honors local gun laws, he'd prefer that gun owners quit acting like complete douchebags showing up with flashy silver plated .45s and walking around the parking lot with AR-15's

Its these "I will not go quietly into the night" fucksticks that are making responsible gun owners lives that much harder in the court of public opinion

I'd want to punch this ass right in the face. I bet he was an avid airsoft / paintball player 5 years ago. No one can convince me that is responsible gun ownership.