Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Owlman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 pm

The reaction from Jackson, Sharpton & Obammer is both predictable and silent.
Why should they? This is two black teens and one white teen killing a white guy. There is no question that justice will be done. No reaction is necessary.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm

bluetick wrote:
puterbac wrote:Nothing to see here. Move along...

UPS to drop 15,000 spouses from insurance, cites Obamacare

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morn ... ronicle%29
The decision comes as many analysts are downplaying the Affordable Care Act's effect on companies such as UPS, noting that the move reflects a long-term trend of shrinking corporate medical benefits, Kaiser Health News reports.

How many millions of full-time employees have been laid off the last 30 years just so they can be hired back as indy contractors with no benefits? How many millions of employees have had their deductibles jacked up, out-of-pocket costs skyrocket, had their family benefits removed, or just had their company medical done away with altogether?

Your article makes the case that UPS is using obamacare as an excuse to do what everybody else has been doing the last generation.

They aren't really dropping all spouses, only those that can get insurance from their primary job.
My Dad is my hero still.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 pm

gule wrote:if this country was run by blacks , it;d be ethiopia. by Arabs, fugging Saudi Arabia. by Mexicans, a copy of the shitholes anywhere they ever have lived.

Thank GOD for whitey!
Who runs Greece? http://cadtm.org/Massive-popular-uprising-in-Greece

Two weeks after it started the Greek movement of ‘outraged’ people has the main squares in all cities overflowing with crowds that shout their anger, and makes the Papandreou government and its local and international supporters tremble.

Bosnia? http://autumninlove.hubpages.com/hub/Po ... erzegovina

" Bosnia & Herzegovina has a really hard and permanent economical crises, and our problems are much serious - and they are not just a negative affect of happenings in the world".-said Zlatko Huric, economical expert in an interview for "Daily voice".

Spain? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 53508.html

MADRID, April 24 (Reuters) - More than six million Spaniards were out of work in the first quarter of this year, raising the jobless rate in the euro zone's fourth biggest economy to 27.2 percent, the highest since records began in the 1970s.

Ireland? http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 14375.html

Ireland's economy is in shambles, and the country is stuck in one of its deepest recessions in decades. The government is implementing austerity measures, and average people are paying the price with higher taxes and fewer social services. Many Irish are buried in debt or can't find a job -- or both.

Under these circumstances, they can't afford to spend about €4 ($5.30) on a pint in a pub, buying it instead for roughly half as much at supermarkets or gas stations. With patrons cutting back since the crisis struck some five years ago, more than 1,500 have gone under.

Oh, and FWIW, Mexicans (in Mexico) consider themselves White.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

"This is two black teens and one white teen killing a white guy. There is no question that justice will be done."

Oklahoma justice in this case will be send the two black guys to death row and ground the white kid for a few weeks for hanging out with negroes.) FWIW, how many negroes live in Oklahoma in the first plase?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:04 pm

According to estimates there are approximately 289,000 blacks in Oklahoma.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:50 am

hedge wrote:"This is two black teens and one white teen killing a white guy. There is no question that justice will be done."

Oklahoma justice in this case will be send the two black guys to death row and ground the white kid for a few weeks for hanging out with negroes.) FWIW, how many negroes live in Oklahoma in the first plase?
How about, 3 teen aged boys murder a 22 year old man in cold blood? Motive, kicks. As they said they had nothing better to do.

No political agenda necessary. Send these boys away for a minimum of 20 years each in some reform school and then adult prison with felons. All three will spend the next 20 years being reamed in the ass by any number of inmates looking for young boys with tight assholes. These boys will think they are Hell. Justice is served.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 am

bluetick wrote:I couldn't find the part of that story where the sheriff's department decided to let the three alleged killers go home with no charges filed. Only to bring them back 46 days later due to public outrage.

Otherwise, the only comparison to be made is the tragedy of two unarmed and seemingly innocent victims shot dead.
I see I missed the idgit comments on Trayvon "The Brawler" Martin

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 am

bluetick wrote:

The decision comes as many analysts are downplaying the Affordable Care Act's effect on companies such as UPS, noting that the move reflects a long-term trend of shrinking corporate medical benefits, Kaiser Health News reports.

How many millions of full-time employees have been laid off the last 30 years just so they can be hired back as indy contractors with no benefits? How many millions of employees have had their deductibles jacked up, out-of-pocket costs skyrocket, had their family benefits removed, or just had their company medical done away with altogether?

Your article makes the case that UPS is using obamacare as an excuse to do what everybody else has been doing the last generation.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Microsoft lost that case years ago regarding contractors. They were doing just what you said, but got sued because the "contractors" were really full time employees. Microsoft lost. Our company will only allow a contractor to work 12 months and then they have to go away for three months. I think this is industry standard.

On a side note believe it or not some people prefer to be independent contractors. I know a guy that clears $90 an hour after all the middlemen and he gets paid for all the hours he works unlike us salaried folks. He loves it. Gets to work on new things quite often.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 am

Owlman wrote:
bluetick wrote:

They aren't really dropping all spouses, only those that can get insurance from their primary job.
Which is probably more expensive and may not have all the same docs as their current plan.

I believe Oprama said you could keep your plan if you like it.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:06 am

Owlman wrote:
The reaction from Jackson, Sharpton & Obammer is both predictable and silent.
Why should they? This is two black teens and one white teen killing a white guy. There is no question that justice will be done. No reaction is necessary.
Ummm all three are black.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 am

innocentbystander wrote:
hedge wrote:"This is two black teens and one white teen killing a white guy. There is no question that justice will be done."

How about, 3 teen aged boys murder a 22 year old man in cold blood? Motive, kicks. As they said they had nothing better to do.

No political agenda necessary. Send these boys away for a minimum of 20 years each in some reform school and then adult prison with felons. All three will spend the next 20 years being reamed in the ass by any number of inmates looking for young boys with tight assholes. These boys will think they are Hell. Justice is served.
20 years? How about the victims family get to beat them to death with a bat?

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 am

Jeffrey Singer: The Man Who Was Treated for $17,000 Less

Bypassing his third-party payer, my patient avoided a high hospital 'list price.'

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 86176.html

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 am

hedge wrote:"America is now all about petitioning the federal government into providing them with subsidized freebies."

You mean like the bailout of the financial behemoths in 2008? Yeah, you're right...

"There aren't enough Bubba's to counteract the piglets lined up at the federal government teat."

If by "the piggies" you mean the CEO's of Goldman Sachs, AIG, Morgan Stanley (etc, etc, etc, etc), than I'd agree with you. But somehow I suspect that's not exactly who you were talking about...
Please note that I said "this is true of left and right." And yes, I had big banks in mind too. Crony capitalism is offensive to me. That's my biggest problem with the GOP. I think helping the truly needy is one of government's most important functions.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:23 am

said you could keep your plan if you like it.
UPS employees are keeping their plan. This is about inflation in health care. Fortunately, they are strongly unionized. If they want family to continue coverage, then they'll negotiate next time.
My Dad is my hero still.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 am

Caterpillar I believe has the same policy if I recall. If the spouse has insurance available from her job, then they must carry it. What I am trying to figure out and someone help me out on this. How the fuck would they know? Why it is Cats or UPS business where my spouse works and what she does? Why do I have to give up that information? The only thing they need to know about her for insurance is DOB, SSN, and well that is pretty much it. My employer doesn't need to know if my wife is employed or not. It should have no matter in regards to health coverage.

I just simply don't understand that policy.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida

Post by gule » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 am

Johnette's daddy

as per your question "who runs Greece?"

I'd say the same kind of bastards that have run Detroit, Mi. into the asshole of the world. Unions & liberal progressives in Gov.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

In Greece, unions in the private sector are quite weak
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 am

BigRedMan wrote:Caterpillar I believe has the same policy if I recall. If the spouse has insurance available from her job, then they must carry it. What I am trying to figure out and someone help me out on this. How the fuck would they know? Why it is Cats or UPS business where my spouse works and what she does? Why do I have to give up that information? The only thing they need to know about her for insurance is DOB, SSN, and well that is pretty much it. My employer doesn't need to know if my wife is employed or not. It should have no matter in regards to health coverage.

I just simply don't understand that policy.
I was thinking the same thing.
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:42 am

Damn, Oklahoma has a higher black population by percentage than California...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:44 am

"
I'd say the same kind of bastards that have run Detroit, Mi. into the asshole of the world. Unions & liberal progressives in Gov."

I saw an episode of House Hunters last weekend set in Detroit. Hip young couple got a nice looking house in a nice neighborhood for $65K. Maybe you should move there...