Even those crack me up

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 pm

Owlman wrote:
But you and I will be damned before we ever hear even one Democrat today condemn FDR for such an action
First, comparing Nazi=era concentration camps to the Japanese American internment camps during WWII is a bit much. More importantly, the policy has roundly been criticized; to the point where reparations were given to people who were placed in the camps. (first looked at by Carter, then passed by Congress and signed by Reagan). Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though.
Good rant?

Look I'm not the one who said someone else wants a Führer. That was JD. I just took JD's insanity to the logical conclusion.

Don't defend JD. The people of Detroit need a King. You honestly think the people of Detroit are responsible enough for self-rule?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm

No, you didn't. You made an accusation that no Democrat would ever criticize Roosevelt for the Japanese internment camps, something you were blatantly wrong about.

Then again, maybe you are damned!
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm psychic.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will080113.php3

I wrote this two days ago, either George Will reads the Goat Pen or I need to think of 6 lotto numbers.
George Will wrote:Detroit, which boomed during World War II when industrial America was “the arsenal of democracy,” died of democracy. Today, among the exculpatory alibis invoked to deflect blame from the political class and the docile voters who empowered it, is the myth that Detroit is simply a victim of “deindustrialization.”...

Steven Rattner, who administered the bailout of part of the Detroit-based portion of America’s automobile industry, says “apart from voting in elections, the 700,000 remaining residents of the Motor City are no more responsible for Detroit’s problems than were the victims of Hurricane Sandy for theirs.” Congress, he says, should bail out Detroit because “America is just as much about aiding those less fortunate as it is about personal responsibility.”

There you have today’s liberalism: Apart from the pesky matter of “voting in elections” — apart from decades of voting to empower incompetents, scoundrels and criminals, and to mandate unionized rapacity — no one is responsible for anything.
Detroit needs a king.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Owlman wrote:No, you didn't. You made an accusation that no Democrat would ever criticize Roosevelt for the Japanese internment camps, something you were blatantly wrong about.

Then again, maybe you are damned!
I may be damned but Carter didn't criticize Roosevelt. All that happened (if you believe the wiki) is that Carter took what the Ford administration said about the internment camps in 1976, and ran with an investigation. And even then, nothing happened until Reagan got there.

JD said I want a Fuhrer. The Fuhrer had internment camps (many of which were Death camps.) The closest we ever got to that was FDR, I man I never would have voted for in any of those four elections.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am

It is no secret that President Obama’s and green energy supporters’ (from both parties) foray into venture capitalism has not gone well. But the extent of its failure has been largely ignored by the press. Sure, single instances garner attention as they happen, but they ignore past failures in order to make it seem like a rare case.

The truth is that the problem is widespread. The government’s picking winners and losers in the energy market has cost taxpayers billions of dollars, and the rate of failure, cronyism, and corruption at the companies receiving the subsidies is substantial. The fact that some companies are not under financial duress does not make the policy a success. It simply means that our taxpayer dollars subsidized companies that would’ve found the financial support in the private market.

So far, 34 companies that were offered federal support from taxpayers are faltering — either having gone bankrupt or laying off workers or heading for bankruptcy. This list includes only those companies that received federal money from the Obama Administration’s Department of Energy and other agencies. The amount of money indicated does not reflect how much was actually received or spent but how much was offered. The amount also does not include other state, local, and federal tax credits and subsidies, which push the amount of money these companies have received from taxpayers even higher.

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by AugustWest » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 am

I think IB may be having similar discussions on other boards....

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 am

yes, Carter criticized the policy and yes, the majority of Democrats in Congress supported the reparations bill while the majority of Republicans were against it.

So you are damned! The debil got's him.
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:16 am

"I wrote this two days ago, either George Will reads the Goat Pen or I need to think of 6 lotto numbers."

George Will is an intellectual lightweight who can nevertheless craft a decent (although always predictable) rant that even I enjoy reading on occasion. But look at the guy. Had he been born in 1920 Germany, he would've been the leader of the nazi youth in the mid 1930's and groomed for a position under Goebbels in the propaganda division. Such a good little Aryan...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Typical George Will. He takes the most egregious example available (in this case, Detroit) and concludes: "There you have today’s liberalism". Why not look at Manhattan or Los Angeles or (gasp) the city he lives in, Washington DC, and talk about "today's liberalism"? Why? B/c obviously, his "argument" wouldn't work in that case. In fact, it would be completely obliterated. But of course, he's not going to let a pesky fact get his way when blaming Detroit's current woes on "liberalism"...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:25 am

The only thing missing was some mention of the good old days of baseball (back when niggers and wetbacks weren't allowed to play, of course - hmmm, I wonder if he'd blame that on "liberalism" too?) and big band music (Tommy Dorsey of course). George Will is a sniveling little pussy. No wonder he's IB's (and all the other little RINO pussies in here) hero....

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 am

Interesting list. Total up the money for those listed "in bankruptcy" and it's around 2 billion.

Meanwhile..

NEW YORK, 3/15/2013 (Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 am

Just because the big orange AD is in bankruptcy due to past bad decisions you can't let that dominate your life.

Wake up man!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 am

Some penny ante bullshit bankruptcies in clean energy? Outrage. Mulit-trillions wasted in Iraq? Nothing to see here, move along...

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am

Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[2][7] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[8] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning...

But please, don't let it stop you and yer bud Barracky from living in the past......I blame Bush!!11

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm

People with a clue mostly blame Cheney. dubya was pretty much the highly-paid spokesman.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:02 pm

IB can sure yank the limp wristers' chains in here.
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Just because the big orange AD is in bankruptcy due to past bad decisions you can't let that dominate your life.[/i]
I still get to come back with Middle TN State Blue Raiders, right? It's only been 10 months..

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 pm

10ac wrote:IB can sure yank the limp wristers' chains in here.
I'm immune.

Prolly because I'm merely a bed wetter.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 pm

bluetick wrote:People with a clue mostly blame Cheney. dubya was pretty much the highly-paid spokesman.

Still voted on and passed by both houses(bi-partisan)....hate to keep bringing up facts...just sayin'.

Then there's the billions thrown up a wild hog's ass, aka, the green lobby, to seek political favor only(partisan).