Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by crotch » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

AugustWest wrote:Roy isn't going to do shit to PJ. If the NCAA doesnt make him suspend PJ, he wont. Guarantee we get the old Dean Smith "It will be handled internally".
He'll make PJ sit the first few games and then suit up for the UK game. Had to chuckle a bit at Roy's statement though.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm

crotch wrote:
AugustWest wrote:Roy isn't going to do shit to PJ. If the NCAA doesnt make him suspend PJ, he wont. Guarantee we get the old Dean Smith "It will be handled internally".
He'll make PJ sit the first few games and then suit up for the UK game. Had to chuckle a bit at Roy's statement though.
Louisville is game #4. PJ will be on the court before then.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm

well he isn't in school right now because its summer

what a load of horseshit.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Gotta love those student athletes.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 am

eCat wrote:well he isn't in school right now because its summer
I figured PJ to be an 'education first' kind of athlete. Guess not. Probably enrolled in one of unc's fictional summer classes where he doesn't have to be on campus.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:42 pm

he probably is enrolled, Roy just didn't realize it because he never saw him on campus
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm

He's not currently enrolled. If at the end of the summer PJ needs some credits to remain eligible he will be awarded whatever hours and grades he needs to maintain his eligibility. At least that's how they've worked it in the past.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Andrew Carter ‏ @ _andrewcarter28s
RT @ laurakeeley Case against Fats Thomas has drawn interest of the US district attorney. Next court date is Aug. 19th. That's all from today

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:24 pm

[youtube]L2gi1tGJK-E[/youtube]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Wish I could see the vein in Augies forehead pop after this.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -dismissed

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

.......as if anyone really believed PJ would be punished or even found guilty. What a joke.... but then again, it unc... the home of academic excellence.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Wish I could see the vein in Augies forehead pop after this.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -dismissed

PJ can smoke all the weed he wants far as I'm concerned. My only issues was the gun but I didn't expect that to stick either. No vein popping.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I get similar charges dismissed for the same reasons all of the time.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm sure you do.

Do they get dropped when the perps are driving a vehicle rented in someone else's name? When there's a gun found right outside the vehicle? Is it standard procedure to divide the weed equally among the passengers so that no one can get charged with a felony? Do the cops not get fingerprints to see if they can tie the gun to someone in the vehicle or do they just assume the gun ended up there of it's own free will? Do high powered, expensive U*NC attorneys typically jump in quickly to represent one of the perps pro bono? I do find it interesting that PJ's charges are already dropped while the other two still have a court date.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:51 pm

They don't give a flying fuck who owns the vehicle. If it isn't stolen, they don't care.

The gun was found outside of the vehicle. There is no way to tie possession to anyone without a fingerprint test.

NC General Statutes don't require fingerprinting when people are merely given citations. When you're given a citation, you're not even taken in by the police. They just send you on your merry way.

Who represented PJ Pro Bono? Who? The most that anyone would charge for those offenses would be $1,000.00. Hell, most would charge no more than $500.00-$600.00.

It may have been the first court date. If he had already hired an attorney, and the attorney had properly advised him--which obviously happened--then the attorney would take the shuck, take the documentation showing that the defendant had received an assessment, taken a drug test and completed any classes required and that the defendant had obtained a driver's license to get everything dismissed within a matter of minutes. The other kids may not have obtained attorneys yet, or they may have been seeking court appointed counsel. They weren't in PJ's position. PJ wanted to get this resolved as soon as possible, and he did. Those kids didn't have the factors in play that PJ had.

I would tell you to get the hell over yourself, but you won't. You'll still keep ranting and raving. You care more about Carolina than you do your alma mater. It's sad but true for you and the majority of your fans.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:28 pm

No body's ranting or raving you fat fetid fuck. I asked if the what the DPD did in this situation is fairly standard? I can easily see it going both ways. Three guys in a car with a little weed? No big deal and if the cops in a good mood then yeah, I can see the gun being a none issue. I can also see that three young black males in a seedy side of town with weed and a gun outside the car generating a whole lot more than a citation.
DooKSucks wrote:They don't give a flying fuck who owns the vehicle. If it isn't stolen, they don't care.

The gun was found outside of the vehicle. There is no way to tie possession to anyone without a fingerprint test.

NC General Statutes don't require fingerprinting when people are merely given citations. When you're given a citation, you're not even taken in by the police. They just send you on your merry way.

Who represented PJ Pro Bono? Who? The most that anyone would charge for those offenses would be $1,000.00. Hell, most would charge no more than $500.00-$600.00.

It may have been the first court date. If he had already hired an attorney, and the attorney had properly advised him--which obviously happened--then the attorney would take the shuck, take the documentation showing that the defendant had received an assessment, taken a drug test and completed any classes required and that the defendant had obtained a driver's license to get everything dismissed within a matter of minutes. The other kids may not have obtained attorneys yet, or they may have been seeking court appointed counsel. They weren't in PJ's position. PJ wanted to get this resolved as soon as possible, and he did. Those kids didn't have the factors in play that PJ had.

I would tell you to get the hell over yourself, but you won't. You'll still keep ranting and raving. You care more about Carolina than you do your alma mater. It's sad but true for you and the majority of your fans.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 am

Leave Matlock alone!

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:18 am

Fuck Matlock. Just another corrupt U*NC lawyer.
Last edited by AugustWest on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:38 am

Two words:

Aaron.

Gordon.

That is all thank you.

Jungle Rat