Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:He was neighborhood watch, fool.
I thought Zimmerman wasn't on neighborhood watch, I thought he was on the way to the store to buy some skittles and ice tea?

now we know they Zimmerman did it.
My Dad is my hero still.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I wasn't there, nor were you. All I can say is what the prosecutors office brought out during trial would make a 12 year old question their plan. Almost every witness they brought to the jury was shot down before the defense attorney could even stand up to object. Even the then lead investigator said charges were only filed under public pressure. Again, neither of us were there. So we both only know from stories we read & follow.
And the pressure was from the Justice Department?

I know you're proud, DSL. Nobody can say you're a racist. Sheesh
Let 'er Blow!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:01 am

He's the one who created the confrontation.

He's also white.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 am

Out of curiosity, is "creating a confrontation" a crime?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 am

Depends on the shade of the confronter.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm

[youtube]5aQ3Hnn3gXc[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Hey Tiger...
Professor Tiger wrote:IB, you are on record as opposing women voting. You say they are all emotional and are incapable of objective reason.

Just curious; do you think women should also be barred from serving on juries? If women aren't capable of responsible voting, do you also think they are incapable of evaluating evidence and rendering a verdict on guilt and innocence?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... lle-malkin
Michelle Malkin wrote:...America’s Bad Boy groupies. They’re on the courthouse steps with their “Free Jahar” signs, cooing over how “hot” and “cute” the bloodstained Boston Marathon bombing suspect is. He “can blow me up with babies,” one moral reprobate quipped shortly after his capture. “I’m not gonna lie, the second bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is hot. #sorrynotsorry,” another young girl boasted....

....Far from a minuscule fringe, the Ja-harem is a growing social-media phenomenon. Its members mimic Justin Bieber’s Beliebers, adopting the last name of their Tiger Beat terrorist and doodling hearts around his mug shot. In heat or in jest, these depraved females continue to spread viral photos, memes, and hashtags on behalf of their Islamist Idol. One woman showed up at Tsarnaev’s court appearance Wednesday wearing a “Free the Lion” T-shirt. Another sported a “Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is innocent” tee, while a friend of hers shouted, “Exonerate!”

For those ladies who prefer jocks to jihadists, there’s accused murderer/NFL star Aaron Hernandez. He’s “fine as wine,” one woman lusted. He’s “too damned sexy to go to prison,” another lamented. “He can come to jail at my house,” sighed yet another. In response to an Instagram pic of Glock-wielding gangsta Hernandez, one sick chick slavered, “Soooo hot with the combination handgun-mirror selfie.”

...Lesson learned: You can indoctrinate generations of American women in the ways of gender empowerment, but you can’t make a goodly portion of them think straight. Hormones trump basic human decency and good judgment in the crowded coven of sociopaths.
He can blow me up with babies.

This is why women should not be allowed on juries.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Yet all 6 of the women on the Zimmerman jury disagree. Glad to see you are current with your sad beliefs. It was even a woman Judge! Oh my!!!!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Yet all 6 of the women on the Zimmerman jury disagree. Glad to see you are current with your sad beliefs. It was even a woman Judge! Oh my!!!!
No verdict yet, but I hope you are right. Either way, this is 6 women sitting on a jury for a man murdering a grown boy. No woman was murdered or even hurt. So (if emotions are involved toward females) the only female victims here are the mothers of Trayvon or George. So....

...we'll see. It was pretty obvious both the DA and the defense attorney tried to appeal to these 6 jurors from an emotional perspective.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Zimmerman called the cops to report a suspicious character in his neighborhood. That is not a crime.

Then Zimmerman followed the suspicious character - Trayvon Martin . That is not a crime either. Zimmerman was carrying a pistol at the time. Under the laws of the state of Florida, that is not a crime either.

Either Martin or Zimmerman or both started a fight. That is a crime, but we will never know who committed it. There is not evidence to prove it was Zimmerman.

Zimmerman's head wounds and other evidence indicate Martin was on top of Zimmerman pounding his head into the pavement. That can kill you, which means Zimmerman's life was being threatened, which means he could legally use deadly force to defend himself. He did. That is not a crime.

Not guilty.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:Yet all 6 of the women on the Zimmerman jury disagree. Glad to see you are current with your sad beliefs. It was even a woman Judge! Oh my!!!!
No verdict yet, but I hope you are right. Either way, this is 6 women sitting on a jury for a man murdering a grown boy. No woman was murdered or even hurt. So (if emotions are involved toward females) the only female victims here are the mothers of Trayvon or George. So....

...we'll see. It was pretty obvious both the DA and the defense attorney tried to appeal to these 6 jurors from an emotional perspective.
My God you are an idiot. Id punch you right now if you were sitting at the same table but thankfully that will never happen. I don't sit down with morons.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Zimmerman called the cops to report a suspicious character in his neighborhood. That is not a crime.

Then Zimmerman followed the suspicious character - Trayvon Martin . That is not a crime either. Zimmerman was carrying a pistol at the time. Under the laws of the state of Florida, that is not a crime either.

Either Martin or Zimmerman or both started a fight. That is a crime, but we will never know who committed it. There is not evidence to prove it was Zimmerman.

Zimmerman's head wounds and other evidence indicate Martin was on top of Zimmerman pounding his head into the pavement. That can kill you, which means Zimmerman's life was being threatened, which means he could legally use deadly force to defend himself. He did. That is not a crime.

Not guilty.
Can you remind me what Martin was doing that was "suspicious"? Was it the buying of juice or that he was talking on a cell phone?

Look, I wouldn't convict the guy of murder either, but why's he's some damn hero?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

He's no hero. Just a white latino defending himself from a dude high on skittles & weed.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

It's all in the phone call, there's no mystery here as to why Zimmerman was following him, he called the police. The mystery is in how did it go from Zimmerman following him not wanting to lose him to Zimmerman getting his ass beat. Zimmerman helped create the circumstances here, but did he commit any crime? Especially when the law allows someone to kill in self defense? I don't know what's required for manslaughter in Florida so maybe he'll get that, but it seems like we need a lot more information to get past reasonable doubt and convict him.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:47 am

Jungle Rat wrote:My God you are an idiot. Id punch you right now if you were sitting at the same table but thankfully that will never happen. I don't sit down with morons.
but that can't be true. for every single time you "sit down" you are (by the virtue of merely sitting) sitting with at least one moron.

i don't know how you can even live with yourself.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:34 am

IB, I understand that you believe that women shouldn't be doctors because women receive valuable training in med school, but are likely to waste that training by veering into motherhood in mid-career. So that seat that a woman occupied in med school is wasted in comparison with a male, who is unlikely to give up medicine for fatherhood.

Wouldn't that scenario also apply to other professional graduate programs? Isn't a female also likely to give up law or management for motherhood? Therefore women should not be allowed into law school or MBA programs?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 am

Jungle Rat wrote:He's no hero. Just a white latino defending himself from a dude high on skittles & weed.
The world's first "white Latino." That still cracks me up.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm

IB, while you're at at it, please also tell us whether you think women should be allowed into dental school, vet school, architecture school, or pharmacy school. All are valuable forms of graduate education that female practitioners might squander by becoming stay-at-home mom's. Each one of these professional programs deserves at least a chapter.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Stop it!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Asking IB to explain his views on women in law school, vet school, pharmacy school, etc. was sort of like this: