Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by aTm » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:49 pm

The problem with nearly all of IB's arguments is that they are long on anecdotal stories and situations which appear to lay it out a progression, but asks you to cascade to a conclusion without any facts, research, or data to verify that his anecdotes are accurate in even a statistically significant proportion of real life. All he does is spew his worldview into an appropriate fantasy situation and expect that emotion over this possible situation he has laid out will carry the water despite his lack of facts. I think if IB actually read his own posts he would call them downright womanly.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm

So you're saying we shouldn't draw any conclusions about women in general based on the pajama party he had with the Rules Girls over at his house?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:40 pm

aTm wrote:The problem with nearly all of IB's arguments is that they are long on anecdotal stories and situations which appear to lay it out a progression, but asks you to cascade to a conclusion without any facts, research, or data to verify that his anecdotes are accurate in even a statistically significant proportion of real life. All he does is spew his worldview into an appropriate fantasy situation and expect that emotion over this possible situation he has laid out will carry the water despite his lack of facts. I think if IB actually read his own posts he would call them downright womanly.
Fair enough.

And I suppose if I was womanly enough, I'd be so aggrevated with you (as the moderator) for saying something so hurtful, driven by nothing but my emotions I might try to appeal to phpBB (people in a position of authority OVER YOU) to have this site shut down. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. However, I am a man and as such I am at peace with the understanding that I can't force people to think a certain way. And I love this site and the posters on it (whether they agree with me or not.) aTm, you have my respect. Whether or not you respect me, is of minor importance (as I have self-esteem and refuse to allow my emotions to cloud my better judgement.) So I just offer ideas and you all are free to accept or reject.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:27 pm

I think IB likes dudes.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:41 pm

And then they have to worry about the possibility that the doctor will not be able to stay late in the event of an emergency because she is needed "at home."
You really think that women physicians leave an emergency because she is "needed" at home? A father will not leave whatever he's doing because of some necessity at home??
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Why do you bother responding to this idiot? Especially without laughing.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Will nails it....

The act PPACA remains unpopular, and there are congressional elections in years divisible by two — not even the Obama administration can ignore that constitutional fact — so last Tuesday, the administration said this about the act’s mandate that in 2014, large employers provide expensive health-care coverage for their workers or pay a substantial penalty: Never mind.

Although the Constitution has no Article VIII, the administration acts as though there is one that reads: “Notwithstanding all that stuff in other articles about how laws are made, if a president finds a law politically inconvenient, he can simply post on the White House Web site a notice saying: Never mind.”

Never mind that the law stipulates 2014 as the year when employers with 50 full-time workers are mandated to offer them health-care coverage or pay fines. Instead, 2015 will be the year. Unless Democrats see a presidential election coming.

This lesson in the Obama administration’s approach to the rule of law is pertinent to the immigration bill, which at last count had 222 instances of a discretionary “may” and 153 of “waive.” Such language means that were the Senate bill to become law, the executive branch would be able to do pretty much as it pleases, even to the point of saying about almost anything: Never mind.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 am

There are worse things than saying "never mind." oprama's predecessor should have tried it a couple of times.

Iraq for sure...Will no doubt wishes he hadn't followed the neocons down that rabbit hole. Funny that some people still swoon over his stuff.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Nevermind means forget about the whole thing, this is more like an extension on time to repay a loan; still have to pay, but giving you more time.
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:58 pm

bluetick wrote:There are worse things than saying "never mind." oprama's predecessor should have tried it a couple of times.

Iraq for sure...Will no doubt wishes he hadn't followed the neocons down that rabbit hole. Funny that some people still swoon over his stuff.
Neocons are not the only people to swoon over his stuff.

People swoon over what George Will says because what he says gets right down to brass tacks, the heart of the matter (such that it is) and he builds up his logic from that point. And his logic is typically unassailable. No one ever challenges George Will on George Stephenopolis's Sunday morning talk show. Donna Brazile just smiles and laughs when George corrects her because she KNOWS that Will has a complete and full understanding of the topic and Will is able to relate that topic to the must fundamental aspects of human nature. She can't do that. Neither can Stephenopolis. George Will is the ONLY reason people watch that show.

Did you watch the youtube where Will absolutely carved up Bill Maher on Brazil and their oil consumption? Maher was left absolutely helpless. Maher was appealing to the producers at the moment to interject and correct Will on his unassailable statistics. And I like Bill Maher.

They swoon over George Will because Neocons love extremely smart people who they agree with. George Will is the DEVIL to liberalism because he can disconnect his emotions from his reasoning and can objectively rip apart almost all leftist positions with a firm understanding of the topic. That gives him great power to politically influence political Moderates (the people who play kingmaker in elections.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 pm

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Let 'er Blow!

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida

Post by gule » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 am

I bet ole trayvon wishes he'd kept his punk ass home that day.. eh?

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Trayvon deserved to die in your opinion? Please explain. Please explain how Zimmerman was simply "standing his ground" when he followed someone for blocks just because he was black. And then explain why Zimmerman has a right to "stand his ground" but Martin did not.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

He was neighborhood watch, fool.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 pm

It's the duty of the neighborhood watch to pursue and apprehend criminals? And Zimmerman had determined that Martin was a criminal because why? And you're not explaining why Zimmerman had a right to defend himself but Martin did not. Zimmerman also never identified himself to Martin as being from the neighborhood watch from what I have read. For all Martin knew, he was just some guy that'd been following him for blocks for no reason. And later pulled out a gun.

Martin would be alive today if Zimmerman hadn't felt compelled to play super-cop. Which is what most out-of-shape gun owners fantasize about doing. I don't know if he's guilty of murder, but manslaughter? Possibly. He's the one who created the confrontation. He's even commented about how he would do the same thing all over again if given a second chance.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm

"He's even commented about how he would do the same thing all over again if given a second chance."

That proves he's a liar. Who would deliberately put themself thru this type of shit? The closest thing I can think of is willingly interacting with IB every day...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

IB comes from a better time, a better place...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah, right, if the all female jury lets Zimmerman walk, you will be standing at IB's side...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

I wasn't there, nor were you. All I can say is what the prosecutors office brought out during trial would make a 12 year old question their plan. Almost every witness they brought to the jury was shot down before the defense attorney could even stand up to object. Even the then lead investigator said charges were only filed under public pressure. Again, neither of us were there. So we both only know from stories we read & follow.