innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 am

Bklyn wrote:VRA.

14th vs 15th Amendments.
VRA was great but it is about as useful today as Civil Areonautics Board after airline deregulation.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will062713.php3
George Will wrote:It is anti-constitutional to argue that it would have been admirable "restraint" for the court to respect Congress' decision to extend all of the VRA — whether from conviction, cowardice or sloth — regardless of what the court has called the act's "substantial federalism costs."

Tuesday's decision came nine years after a presidential election in which most of the states where higher portions of whites than blacks were registered were in states (e.g., Massachusetts) not covered by Section 5.

The decision came eight months after a presidential election in which African-Americans voted at a higher rate than whites.

It came when in a majority of the nine states covered by the preclearance requirements, blacks are registered at a higher rate than whites.

It came when Mississippi has more black elected officials — not more per capita; more — than any other state.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm not sure why people are bitching about voter registration laws being killed when white babies born in America now are the minority (compared to non-whites).

12 years from now they'll wish they didn't change those laws
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:28 pm

in other news

A neighbor, John Good, who witnessed the fight between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman has just devastated the State’s case, testifying that he saw the fight between the two, that Trayvon was on top punching Mixed Martial Arts style, and that the scream must have come from Zimmerman because Zimmerman was on the bottom and Trayvon was faced away from the witness.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:02 pm

The name John Good is about as cracker as you can get...

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Reports are that Snowden took with him over a million documents with him that the Chinese and Russians have and that they have caused several bilateral agreements that were on the verge of being made to fall apart including with Brazil and other countries on cyber security. It's considered to be the "worst security leak in American history given the damage assessment.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:26 pm

snowden is telling the us that what he gave was just the tip of the iceberg and if he is murdered or goes to jail he has given copies to people and passwords to the encryption to others with instructions to leak it all.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:51 pm

eCat wrote:snowden is telling the us that what he gave was just the tip of the iceberg and if he is murdered or goes to jail he has given copies to people and passwords to the encryption to others with instructions to leak it all.
you don't need a password to decrypt an electronic file

you need a smart programmer and time. if he really did have those files and he gave copies of those million files to anyone, then those people already have everything they need
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
eCat wrote:snowden is telling the us that what he gave was just the tip of the iceberg and if he is murdered or goes to jail he has given copies to people and passwords to the encryption to others with instructions to leak it all.
you don't need a password to decrypt an electronic file

you need a smart programmer and time. if he really did have those files and he gave copies of those million files to anyone, then those people already have everything they need

he'd have to be pretty sharp to get past NSA encryption.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:19 pm

It will be amazing what a group like Anon can do in a short amount of time. If he wanted to do real damage, he needed to get the information to someone high up in that group especially while he is in China or Russia. Don't be surprised if something doesn't come from them if anything happens to him.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:08 pm

I have no problem with what Snowden did. He's a true American.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm

best defense zimmerman has is letting the prosecution call witnesses whoi continually reaffirm what zimmerman said

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 pm

crashcourse wrote:best defense zimmerman has is letting the prosecution call witnesses whoi continually reaffirm what zimmerman said
yeah that was pretty asinine by the Prosecution

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2013 ... n+Tribune)

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Guess they wanted to color this guys testimony? Surely the defense would have called him anyway if his testimony is that helpful.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:36 pm

This is a waste of time. He's not getting convicted.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:This is a waste of time. He's not getting convicted.
okay well (if that's the case) then is Zimmerman just being "Nifonged"?

(Nifonged = DA must prosecute someone he or she knows is innocent because the issue is racial and the DA needs to secure the black vote to be re-elected)

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm

::: pushes the idiot aside :::

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:::: pushes the idiot aside :::

well rat, what other motivations are there in prosecuting a man you KNOW wont be convicted?

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
crashcourse wrote:best defense zimmerman has is letting the prosecution call witnesses whoi continually reaffirm what zimmerman said
yeah that was pretty asinine by the Prosecution

They had to call him or it would look like they were scared of him. The best thing they could do was call him and try to minimize his testimony. It would have been even stronger testimony if they waited for the prosecution to call him.
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Owlman wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:yeah that was pretty asinine by the Prosecution

They had to call him or it would look like they were scared of him. The best thing they could do was call him and try to minimize his testimony. It would have been even stronger testimony if they waited for the prosecution to call him.
the prosecution did call him

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:26 pm

i know. typo. defense obviously
My Dad is my hero still.