Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Re: Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Post by yossarian1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

sotola wrote:re - Like I said, where is the history?

gave it to ya already... you didn't like it.... same as Tony Parker..... whenever you grow up... you might get it
"but their is absolutely a history of the NBA stopping trades."

Your words, not mine. One example that doesn't even apply (last I checked, NBA does not have ownership power on Raptors) doesn't imply history, for which there has to be a repeat precedence from the past.

And yeah, keep fishing for change of subjects.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am

go talk to a mirror buddy. you rehash the same irrelevant crap that is a total tangent anyways. you get something proven to you but don't like it and say it doesn't apply. let me guess, you being 100% wrong about Tony Parker doesn't apply either, right? go tell me about tonights game after you read the boxscore tomorrow. have a nice life

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Still hanging on for some type of Tony Parker discussion I see.... desperate much?

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 pm

nope.... just trying to make you realize that you can't ever say you are wrong which makes discussion useless.... you will believe you are right even if you never say anything that is relevant. what did the boxscore say last night? actually, don't bother. just have a good life Yoss. Please... please... don't respond. if you do... I finally promise I will ignore posting to you ever again.... a PROMISE

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 am

This thread cracks me up

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 am

Jungle Rat wrote:This thread cracks me up
it's cyclical
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am

"They ate pinole from a bag with their fingers and went on, through the noon heat and into the dusk where lizards lay with their leather chins flat to the cooling rocks and fended off the world with thin smiles and eyes like cracked stone plates."
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 am

Actually I will respond just to see if you keep your promise because you've been the biggest hypocrite.

Seriously, I don't even remember what I had for lunch last week, why the fuck do I want to help you by dragging out some 10+ year old discussion that I vaguely remember just so you can change subjects instead of just admitting your shit of an example doesn't apply and you were just talking out of your ass that time?

If discussion is so useless and my posts are irrelevant then why do you keep responding and baiting when you keep repeating you won't? I mean this must be what, 100th time you threatened to ignore? If you want to do it, just do it. And see if I care.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:01 pm

whatever. the league might apparently block the proposed Garnett deal... but that crap never happens. but it probably won't apply. just like all the other deals where the faxes didn't arrive in time. have a nice life Yoss. outttaheeere

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

As always you lack the reading comprehension or are so desperate that you only hear half-truths, it's getting to be pathetic. Go back and read why they are blocking it. Has more to do with league rules than some conspiracy or league being worried about some competitive balance.

"just like all the other deals where the faxes didn't arrive in time."

What other deals are out there? You imply it's a common occurrence but you can't even bring up one viable example.

As for your last line...how many times have we heard it now? Getting tiresome.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

DON'T LEAVE!!!! JUST IGNORE!!

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 pm

To put more fuel on the fire: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94076 ... rs-sources

"League sources told ESPN.com on Thursday morning that previous constructions of the proposed transactions -- which would've sent Garnett to Los Angeles for DeAndre Jordan and Rivers to the Clippers with two first-round picks as compensation for the coach -- were unlikely to be approved by the league office.

Sources told ESPN.com that league officials in recent days had communicated to both teams they had serious misgivings about the proposed transactions because Garnett and Rivers have been shopped by the Celtics as a package deal, which would violate NBA rules prohibiting contingencies or side deals in any trade."
My Dad is my hero still.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

so the league has smartphone apps for Androids. Berrys & Iphones, streams media on demand over multiple platforms and finds cutting edge ways to have fans interact with teams....

and they still make GM'z fax paperwork in order to consummate player trades?

the fax machine in my office is a paper weight, I turn it on every twice a year when the 70 year old billing clerk from corporate needs to send me posted invoices
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 pm

There's no fire if there's a clear cut rule that prohibits such trades and no matter how you slice it, any fool can see Garnet and Rivers are package deal in this case, which is illegal. Can't fault the league for following the rules it has set now, can you?

It will be interesting to see how the league reacts if Clippers and Celtics do the trade for coaches first and then do the Garnett trade later. Hopefully, nobody's stupid enough to leave anything in writing this time.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Stern killed the deal, because doc rivers & KG to the clippers = POWER SHIFT!!
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 am

re - any fool can see Garnet and Rivers are package deal in this case, which is illegal

lol... now an expert on the CBA. did you read the title of the document?

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am

T Dot O Dot wrote:Stern killed the deal, because doc rivers & KG to the clippers = POWER SHIFT!!
yeah... the Clips and Celts were smart enough to structure the agreement as 2 separate transactions but Stern isn't stupid. He saw past it and nixed it. BUT, any credible source will remove any URL within the next 6 months if the NBA doesn't comment on it because it reflects on their ability to report facts..... hence, no history for any deal that didn't get consumated because "the fax didn't arrive in time". I think almost every 2nd year there is a case where deals "reportedly" didn't get done because of "complications" such as the fax not arriving in time. believe what you want.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am

I see my comments still being quoted and commented on. LOL so much for ignoring. I knew you just couldn't resist.

"lol... now an expert on the CBA. did you read the title of the document?"

Unlike you who jumped the gun after just reading the title, I read the body of the article, which clearly states it's illegal and why. I'm not the fool who didn't read the fine prints the first time and trotted out like NBA is blocking a power shift in some conspiracy rather than simply blocking an illegal move. I call you out on it and you act like you knew that all along and like nothing happened, typical.

Your contention was that NBA regularly blocks moves to maintain NBA's competitive balance, which is why it may try to block Raptors' attempts to tank, should they go down that path. I called your BS and you still fail to bring up a single viable example. In the meantime, you have tried to use this recent move as your example and you have failed because you can't read. Not only are you guilty of what you criticize me for, can't admit when you talk out of your ass for sake of disagreeing, you have also shown your promise doesn't mean shit. Typical.

"any credible source will remove any URL within the next 6 months if the NBA doesn't comment on it because it reflects on their ability to report facts..... hence, no history for any deal that didn't get consumated because "the fax didn't arrive in time". I think almost every 2nd year there is a case where deals "reportedly" didn't get done because of "complications" such as the fax not arriving in time. believe what you want."

Man, does your drivel make sense even in your own mind now? You know you can't prove a thing so you trot out this mediocre conspiracy shit. In a digital age, where everybody has an opinion, keep blogs, reports, twits, and shit on just about anything, and you can GOOGLE just about anything, you cannot find a single credible example because URL's mysteriously get removed. How convenient. And of course, you are able to drag out some 10+ year old discussion when it suits you and yet you can't even recall from your own memory something that supposedly happens every 2 years, which we all know you would've done if you actually could. Is this where I say LMFAO? And yes, I'll believe what I want, which is, you are full of shit.

And now I await your LOL, LMAO, etc. and another cheap attempt to change subject. Or is it time to finally ignore me after 1000th threat?

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:14 pm

I didn't even read the post but caught the last sentence so.... yeah...lmao

no desire to engage with you Yoss. You haven't played ball... I can tell. no use arguing against stat junkies or people that don't accept anything you have to say because it "doesn't fit your opinion". it's an exercise in futility.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm

"no desire to engage with you Yoss."

Right, and yet you keep responding. BAH~! More like you don't want to engage because I've called out on your BS.

You confess to not even reading posts in full, which is probably a lie if we go by how true your PROMISE turned out to be, and yet you feel the need to add these cheap one liners, further proving you don't know what the hell you are doing any more. Really, you've stooped to a new low. You want to talk about exercise in futility, go and take a long look in the mirror.

"no use arguing against stat junkies"

There's no stat involved in current discussion. At all. Idiot.