Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Red Bird
Junior

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Red Bird » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Why ask questions you already know the answer to?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Figured.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh Weiner.

Spitzer, now Weiner. (Oh, and that black one, but I can't remember him ever doing anything useful.) These New York Democrat politicians sure have they troubles when they try to step up their game nationally.
THE OG SSG

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Only the men.
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

What female New York Dem has tried to step it up? (Hillary Clinton doesn't count.)
THE OG SSG

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Heh, not just the NY Dems. It really is a non partisan affair...

Congressman Chris Lee, R, 26th District of NY

Carl Paladino, R, Nominee for Governor of NY (he of the beastiality videos, racist emails, and fisticuff challenges to journalists)

...and those are just off the top of my head.

Of course, if you want to go national, it gets even more dubious for both parties. The consonant after the politician's name has little to do with the antics. Idiocy and scandal has no political affiliation.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Agree, but Spitzer and Weiner were two NY dems in particular that I liked and both have had their careers sunk by their peni.
THE OG SSG

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Indeed.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Dora wrote:Only the men.
Resposted from PNN out of respect for Dora....

I suppose on some levels this whole thing is pretty funny (and its up to a small portion of the people of New York State if they want someone this silly to continue to represent them.) What isn't funny, is that Weiner is married. And (even if this isn't exactly infidelity) this type of thing does tend to damn a marriage. And that is kind of shitty.

As usual, I love what Megan said.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... it/240023/
Megan McAcrdle wrote:Maybe it's true that infidelity is really this common--though I have a hard time believing that everyone is as blatant and reckless as Clinton. But if so, we should say that: "All powerful men cheat on their wives with as many women as they can get away with, and I don't want to waste time challenging any of them on it."

But I can't sign up for this. I don't think that cheating on your wife, or lesser betrayals like sexting, are minor marital pecadillos, of no more public interest than whether you remembered to pay the gas bill or unload the dishwasher. I don't think it's the government's job to punish infidelity, but that doesn't imply that society has no interest in whether people keep their vows. Marriage is a valuable social institution. There are good reasons that society should buttress it. So I'm not sure it's a waste of time, in the face of these sorts of allegations, to use a few of our precious news hours to say, "Hey, not okay!" Moreover, in the age of the internet, you cannot simply decline to report this as a neutral act. Instead, you send an affirmative message: "We don't really think he did anything wrong."

I am fighting a powerful urge to point out that virtually all of the people urging us to move on to something more important are men. But obviously, I'm losing the fight.
Yes Dora, it appears that only men do this and only men try to say it isn't a big deal.

You know Dora, George Clooney has openly admitted that he is functionally incapable of being faithful to a wife (any wife.) He has said as much. So, a man who could pretty much marry any woman he wants, doesn't marry. He loves WOMEN too much to marry JUST ONE. I think its GREAT that he has identified this about himself and he has taken the action to stay single (thus preventing breaking anyone's heart) out of respect of the sacrament of marriage. I only wish Weiner (who got married just last year) would have done the same thing.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Unfortunately, the great american public demands its pols to be married, so a wife is an accessory all ambitious politicians need.
THE OG SSG

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm

TheBigMook wrote:Unfortunately, the great american public demands its pols to be married, so a wife is an accessory all ambitious politicians need.
Except for local politics. Once you go any larger than district, yeah you need a healthy dose of spouse and (oftentimes) religion to get any wind in your sails. Charlie Crist is probably still pissed he pulled the trigger on his marriage before he locked down a guarantee on the McCain pick for VP.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Wait, did Weiner actually admit to sending the photos now?

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Yea, he admitted the picture was of him, and not only that he sent that picture to that woman, but also that he sent other pictures and assorted sexual messages to her and 6 other women.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Shame. What type of reckless fuckwad DMs chicks some cockshots on Twitter, when he has so much to lose in the process? If you want to live on the edge, put return airfare down on 22 black; you don't hit random coeds off with shots of your manhood "half on swoll" via an account associated with your political life.

Politicians want to be rock stars but don't realize that they can't drop another epic album to make people forget your fucked up shit.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:52 pm

If you saw my weiner you would vote for me.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 pm

TheBigMook wrote:Unfortunately, the great american public demands its pols to be married, so a wife is an accessory all ambitious politicians need.
I'm not sure that this is always the case. I think this may have been the case at one time, but probably not today.

The 50s are over...
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 pm

I think in France they just rape a girl from the servant class...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Red Bird
Junior

Post by Red Bird » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

It is a shame Wiener ruined himself. He was not only one of the few politicians that I almost always agreed with, but also one of the few liberals who was willing to speak out in support of the poor.

It's interesting though, that not a single Democrat has stepped forward to offer even lukewarm support for Wiener. That suggests to me that Wiener was not particularly well liked by his peers.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Red Bird wrote:It's interesting though, that not a single Democrat has stepped forward to offer even lukewarm support for Wiener. That suggests to me that Wiener was not particularly well liked by his peers.
The man is kryptonite right now, dangerous, deadly (politically) to anyone who offers their support. He sexted himself to young ladies. It doesn't surprise me at all that he having a hard time finding support.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 am

Especially considering the story has changed so much over the past week, I would everybody to sit on the sidelines with their mouths closed until they were sure what exact actions they were commenting on...