Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Cleveland Hero Was A Repeat Domestic Abuser

Charles Ramsey battered his wife, did prison time

"According to a Cleveland Heights Police Department report, Rochelle Ramsey twice dialed 911 to report that she was being attacked by her spouse. “My husband is trying to kill me!” Rochelle yelled. During one of the calls, a police operator noted, a male could be heard in the background saying, “I’m going to kill you.”"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ey-8702415
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Yep. Granted it was a decade, or so, ago, Dude is not a saint...my guess is that's par for the course in that neighborhood.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Regardless of past transgressions - dude did the right thing here.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I know, I was just sassing IB. In his world of black-and-white/right-and-wrong morality, it must make his head spin to find out that a person could possibly have done some wrong things and still be capable of doing the right thing. I like to think that most people presented with that situation would've done the same thing or at least tried to help...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 10, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm glad he helped the girl but hero? he helped a woman out who was screaming to be let out of a house. Wouldn't we all do that?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri May 10, 2013 3:24 pm

According to Kitty Genovese...no.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 10, 2013 3:53 pm

hedge wrote:Cleveland Hero Was A Repeat Domestic Abuser

Charles Ramsey battered his wife, did prison time

"According to a Cleveland Heights Police Department report, Rochelle Ramsey twice dialed 911 to report that she was being attacked by her spouse. “My husband is trying to kill me!” Rochelle yelled. During one of the calls, a police operator noted, a male could be heard in the background saying, “I’m going to kill you.”"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ey-8702415

...I know, I was just sassing IB. In his world of black-and-white/right-and-wrong morality, it must make his head spin to find out that a person could possibly have done some wrong things and still be capable of doing the right thing.
yes i saw that before i posted that he was a hero...

..and you know what hedge? I don't care. I don't care that he was a repeat domestic abuser.

As far as I'm concerned, what he did on Monday wipes the slate clean. If his ex-gfs/ex-spouses whatever-the-fuck he has that filed those restraining orders want to continue to hate him and live in fear of him and refuse to forget what he did to them, that is fine by me. They are free to allow themselves to hate him him for all their lives, free to never forgive or forget. But as far as society goes, I say society should forgive and MUST forget those transgressions.

He saved those girls. The slate is CLEAN. His was a pure redemption and his actions offer a complete and total attonement for all the damage he may have done.
hedge wrote:I like to think that most people presented with that situation would've done the same thing or at least tried to help...
I would like to think that too, but you know as well as I do that this is not the case. Many people would NOT have helped, NOT have done the right thing.

Three young girls are now free to be made whole again, free to live their lives. That is entirely the result of the actions of just one man. Charles Ramsay.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm

eCat wrote:I'm glad he helped the girl but hero? he helped a woman out who was screaming to be let out of a house. Wouldn't we all do that?

Knowing now what we know, yes.

Prior to knowing anything about it, not all of us, no.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm

per the courts Im a domestic abuser as well. Pay no attention to the fact I never touched my ex in a negative physical manner. The court system is a joke.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Yeah, but there's no way the courts or anybody else could quantify the mental abuse your ex must've had to endure. An occasional punch in the gut would be positively welcome compared to what she was no doubt forced to endure...

"But as far as society goes, I say society should forgive and MUST forget those transgressions."

Hitler wasn't really that bad of a guy. Nor Osama bin Laden. Society MUST forget those transgressions. Right? Springtime for Hitler and Germany...

[youtube]kHmYIo7bcUw[/youtube]

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 11, 2013 3:05 am

Jungle Rat wrote:per the courts Im a domestic abuser as well. Pay no attention to the fact I never touched my ex in a negative physical manner. The court system is a joke.
It is. Basically, in matters of Domestic Violence, it is really just about empowering women at the expense of men. We bullshit ourselves into thinking it is anything other than trying to shut up an emotional woman who will lie her fucking ass off if she was in anyway "scorned." It isn't about protection, not really.

I remember when I had the Worldcrossing Rules Girls over my place for that weekend back in 2001. A bunch of them were in my back room watching something on TV talking about all the 209A restraining orders they filed against their ex-husbands and ex-BFs. It seemed like every single one of them was with a violent guy, every one of them. So I just chuckled and walked past them and you could hear a pin drop when one of them said "Excuse me IB, is something funny? I don't find this funny."

So I stop in my tracks, turn, and look at all my house guests with a face that lost all expression and said to her... "How did you get your restraining order against your ex-BF?"

"He hit me, the fucking bastard!" And they were all nodding in unison.

So I say "Every one of you, every single one of you were hit by your boyfriends or ex-husbands, all of you?"

They were all nodding.

"Okay, well aside from the fact that you all have terrible choices in men, let me ask you, what good did that restraining order serve? What was its purpose and why were you granted those injunctions?"

I got a plethora of responses about how safe they all felt when they got the order, how everything was different because he couldn't call them nor was he allowed in the homes that many of them shared. So I had a follow up question.

"In order for you to get an injunction, those restraining orders, you had to convince a judge that you were in fear of your life, that you BFs or husbands were going to kill you. Right?"

All nodded.

"So after he hit you, you were ALL convinced you were GOING TO DIE, ALL OF YOU right? You were ALL going to DIE?"

Not so many nods this time.

"So here is the question, that restraining order you got, if your ex-husband or BF was really a would-be-murderer, was going to kill you because he was that insane, do any of you honestly believe that piece of paper signed by a judge is going to prevent a true murderer from murdering someone they intend to murder?"

Total silence. A couple tears were shed.

"Lets take it down a step ladies. Lets just say your BF or Ex-husband was only insane enough to beat the shit out of you but not quite kill you. Do any of you honestly believe that piece of paper signed by a judge is going to prevent a cowardly bastard who is insane enough to hit women from hitting women again?"

Again, silence.

"We give you women restraining orders to take out against us men, basically, to SHUT YOU UP. And as women, you are deluded enough into thinking that it matters. It gives you a false sense of protection. If your life is in jeapordy, what you need is a GUN to SHOOT a would be felon that would harm or kill you, not a piece of paper."

Then I went outside to the grill and cooked them all barbeque dinner.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 am

You keep bringing up that weekend as if you are proud of it...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 11, 2013 8:50 am

Worth reading?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat May 11, 2013 10:32 am

I'm sure a bunch of Rules girls were chastened by IB's lecture, and humbly accepted his food and hospitality immediately after he told them that the only purpose of restraining orders was to shut them up. They love being talked to like that. Yeah, right...

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sat May 11, 2013 11:10 am

I was charged with domestic violence against a brother in law. They interpreted DV as an assault against any family member. The whole thing is bullshit. Anyone can go to a county commissioner and swear out a warrent against anybody for any reason really. But if you're charged with DV, you have to spend 12hrs in jail sitting on a concrete slab before you can get bail. Yeah, that'll really cool you down.
There was a time when if you needed an ass kicking and you got it, you took it and went on.
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Lmao
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat May 11, 2013 12:12 pm

10ac,

We're there witnesses? Without them, you could've said he through the first punch and at least both of you would have gone to jail.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:10ac,

We're there witnesses? Without them, you could've said he through the first punch and at least both of you would have gone to jail.
Actually, no one cares what you have to say. If you're accused of DV, you're going to jail and you're guilty until you prove your innocent or get it thrown out after a couple grand in lawyer fees. Then I had to turn around and sue the state to get my carry permit back. On top of that, I was working in Canada at the time and every Friday, when I got to the US border thugs, they would send me to a "time out" room while they ran a check on me costing me at least 30 minutes and a lot of suspicious stares. But when it was thrown out and I of course had to pay my lawyer to make sure my record was expunged, I signed up for NEXUS and now skip the whole border/customs routine.

On the bright side, about a year or so later he was in a bar and and getting into an argument with a guy who told him that he was CS for what he did and when my now ex-BiL stood up, the guy hit him so hard in the nose that blood squirted from his eyes. That's what I was told.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat May 11, 2013 1:06 pm

"There was a time when if you needed an ass kicking and you got it, you took it and went on."

You don't seem to have moved on...

"Actually, no one cares what you have to say"

In your case, definitely...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I once got a DV charge because after my ex cut up my credit card when I asked for it I grabbed her cell off the counter of our store & walked out. She chased after me down the ally and was throwing all kind of punches my way. I put her in a bear hug & leaned against the wall for support. She told the cops I threw her up against the wall & pulled her hair. I had to hide in some dump hotel for 3 days once I learned they were looking for me. My pos lawyer was out of town till then.