Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Bklyn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 am

Send me a link with more information and I may have comments...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am

AlabamAlum wrote:You're in luck, then. Grenade launchers, tanks, and cannons are -believe it or not- generally legal to own in most states. Ditto, machine guns made before 1986.

good. I'm serious about whipping your pussy Glock.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am

Okay.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 pm

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:57 pm

heh
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

can't remember if this has been posted but I think it confirms what I've been saying

Adam Lanza fired off 154 shots with a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle within five minutes. He went through six 30-round magazines, though half were not completely empty, and police said he had three other 30-round magazines in addition to one in the rifle.

so while someone may lock onto the idea that if those 30 round magazines were banned, he wouldn't have had this opportunity to do as much shooting, how much harder is to believe he'd walk in with (15) 10 round clips as opposed to (9) 30 round clips?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 am

Which is essentially what the VaTech shooter did.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:01 pm

In the big picture it means nothing. maybe he reloads a couple more times. maybe its harder to carry 15 clips vs 9

both sides sure are fighting hard for such an insignificant detail

maybe the progunners should concede it just to give the antigun crowd a victory and get them off there back instead of fighting so hard to maintain it despite what the population desires. the NRA could do worse in this political clinate

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm

crashcourse wrote:In the big picture it means nothing. maybe he reloads a couple more times. maybe its harder to carry 15 clips vs 9

both sides sure are fighting hard for such an insignificant detail

maybe the progunners should concede it just to give the antigun crowd a victory and get them off there back instead of fighting so hard to maintain it despite what the population desires. the NRA could do worse in this political clinate

the problem is that the anti-gun agenda won't work. OK, we'll ban high capacity clips and have background checks...and unfortunately we'll still have another Newtown or Aurora situation in the coming years, and the anti-gun crowd will then go after even more gun-control instead of saying the existing approach isn't working. I am 100% confident that the legislation that was proposed originally, without considering the water down version that will eventually pass, will do nothing to prevent a future mass shooting or limit the effectiveness of the shooter based on his access to weapons.

The focus will shift from assault rifles to guns that can be quickly reloaded - slide out clips.

The common denominator in these shooting isn't a type of gun, its a type of crazy. Probably the most effective approach to this (and I realize this would be off the charts invasive to individual rights) is mental health checks in schools and then what I've often repeated - felony laws against providing access to weapons for anyone who owns a gun used in a felony. In other words even if the gun is taken from you by a relative, if you didn't have it in a safe or with a trigger lock , then you are held responsible to making a gun assessable to a mentally unstable person.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:41 pm

NRA says that they worry about future more legislation if they cave on this

real reason is NRA is in the pocket of big business gun manufacturers and there would be an economic price.

mass murders are the best thing that can happen for the ammo and gunmakers
they exhuast all oif there stock and prices shoot through the roof

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

crashcourse wrote:NRA says that they worry about future more legislation if they cave on this

real reason is NRA is in the pocket of big business gun manufacturers and there would be an economic price.

mass murders are the best thing that can happen for the ammo and gunmakers
they exhuast all oif there stock and prices shoot through the roof

no, the two biggest runs for ammo and gun sales haven't been tied to any shooting, its been tied to the election of Obama and the threat of gun bans.

More AR-15s and ammo for them have been purchased, along with high capacity clips in the past 6 months than probably any time in documented gun sales.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tennessee lawyer Brian Manookian says he never considered himself a gun enthusiast. He owns just one handgun and was raised in a gun-free home. But the firearms industry has proven so successful in recent years that he decided to give up practicing law and make guns his livelihood.

It’s a decision that’s put Manookian on track to earn four times what he made as a corporate health care attorney, a job that earned him six figures right out of law school, he said.

And he’s far from alone. An analysis by The Associated Press of data tracking the health of the gun industry shows that President Barack Obama has presided over a heyday for guns.

Sales are on the rise, so much that some manufacturers cannot make enough fast enough. Major gun company stock prices are up. The number of federally licensed, retail gun dealers is increasing for the first time in nearly 20 years. The U.S. gun lobby is bursting with cash and political clout. Washington has expressed little interest in passing new gun laws, despite renewed calls to do so after recent deadly shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin.

Four years ago the gun lobby predicted Obama would be the “most anti-gun president in American history.” Yet it is hard to find a single aspect of the gun world that isn’t thriving.

For the first time since 1993, the number of federally licensed retail gun dealers in the U.S. increased slightly in 2010 and 2011. The country added 1,167 licensed retail gun dealers, according to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives records. After the assault weapons ban of 1994 – now expired – the number of gun dealerships dropped annually until 2010. As of October 2012, there were 50,812 retail gun dealers – 3,303 more than in 2009.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 pm

"My point is that I don't believe you can trust the government to tell us who is too big to fail"

You can trust it when the government tells you they are too big to fail...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:17 pm

They have been telling BRM and Doc that they are too big to fall. Those two would kill anyone in their path, and I am not far behind...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

YEAH!!

Wait a minute...

HEY!!!

Up your ass Porky!!!
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Speaking of Porky: my girlfriend has never seen Porky's. She's lucky. I have the entire "trilogy" in a special DVD 3-Pack.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

So you refer to your girdle as a special DVD 3-pack? Interesting...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 pm

His girlfriend probably hasn't ever seen an average to large penis either.

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 pm

DS:

hello

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 am

Since Obama's re-election, Rand Paul , IMO, hasn't missed a step toward positioning himself as the GOP front runner in 2016 (not saying he will get it -just saying he is taking some pretty bold steps to be in the debate)

Sen. Rand Paul, the tea party favorite and possible 2016 presidential candidate, is raising money for a conservative gun rights group that’s targeting fellow Republicans, including House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

And when one congressman complained, the message from Paul’s camp was: too bad.

The Kentucky Republican has lent his name to fundraising pitches for the National Association for Gun Rights, a group that says the National Rifle Association is too willing to compromise on gun rights.

The group has blitzed the districts of Virginia Republicans Cantor and Rep. Scott Rigell with $50,000 worth of TV and radio ads accusing them of helping President Barack Obama pass gun control legislation.

Paul’s email pitches for the group don’t mention Cantor or Rigell by name, but his activity for an organization that attacks fellow Republicans shows the potential 2016 presidential contender isn’t afraid to pick a fight inside the party.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/r ... z2POzQUyQD

---------------

You know you're talking some shit to a receptive base when you say the NRA is too willing to compromise on gun rights.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:41 pm

You know he's extreme when he says the NRA is too liberal on gun rights. I suspect Dems would love Paul as the candidate.
My Dad is my hero still.