Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

goldenbear
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by goldenbear » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm

ROy better work on the Press breaker, though I like the move of using PJ as the guy breaking it in the middle

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

These refs are brutal brutal

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Im guessing UNC is playing. Why else is the retard posting?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

BRUTAL !!!!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't have that big a problem with IU cutting down the nets after a loss. A little awkward, yes, but not indefensible. And certainly not if, as BRM said, they do it every year irregardless. Just their tradition. Also, with Crotch weighing in with his typical "only lesser programs blahblahblah", that by itself almost makes it alright....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 pm

crotch is a moron. point to Hedge

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 am

hedge wrote:I don't have that big a problem with IU cutting down the nets after a loss. A little awkward, yes, but not indefensible. And certainly not if, as BRM said, they do it every year irregardless. Just their tradition. Also, with Crotch weighing in with his typical "only lesser programs blahblahblah", that by itself almost makes it alright....
for the first time in a long time, everything in this statement is correct.

Also, my final statement on it. 4 years ago this program was in shambles. Lowest point ever for Indiana. In 4 years they are Big Ten Co/Outright champs. They are most likely going to be a #1 seed in the tourney. They have been ranked #1 for a bunch of weeks through the year and have been in the Top 10 for the entire season. The Seniors have earned the right to cut down the nets, make their little speech, and celebrate even with a loss to a very good Ohio State team.

So for any other program that thinks you are above it, kiss my entire white pimply ass and suck on the dingleboulders.

I wonder what tier level that Kentucky will be once Teflon Cal runs away to the NBA or another school because of his usual shenanigans????? Hopefully the ban hammer will be swift and without mercy.

Remember Kentucky fans, not a matter of if, but a matter of when it will happen.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 am

"So for any other program that thinks you are above it, kiss my entire white pimply ass and suck on the dingleboulders."

It's going to take some time to cover that amount of acreage....

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

BigRedMan wrote:So for any other program that thinks you are above it, kiss my entire white pimply ass and suck on the dingleboulders.
Over the line.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 am

UK will never commission a painting for beating IU

My problem with IU is the programs decline was brought on by their own incompetence - they went from one of the top 5 programs ever to being a joke because in their desire to keep up with UK they hired a known cheater - and guess what? He cheated.

but IU seems to gloss over that little nugget of information when they start throwing shit around on UK and Cal bringing us down. You remind an IU fan of that and they say "oh yea, well we fired him!" as if that shows their resolve of being the bastion of sports integrity.

Right now you have a coach that runs off the court and keeps the press waiting for hours after every loss, he teaches his kids to fake fouls and injuries in an effort to win, IU has lost 3 times as the #1 ranked program this year yet your crowning achievement in your minds is beating UK at home last year - and IU is still fixated on Cal being a dirty coach.

Louisville has nothing on IU's envy of everything Kentucky.

I'm glad Cal canceled the series with IU, just for the sole reason it irritates the piss out of IU fans. You guys need validation so badly that you are back as a prominent program, you'll look for any and every opportunity to show it - from cutting down nets after a loss with another game still to go to commissioning a painting to be sold entitled "resurrection" after winning a regular season game.

Its not really BRM - its IU fans and their mindset as a whole.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 am

In IU's defense (and not least b/c I love to stoke the flames of the UK / IU animosity), they were down far longer and lower than UK ever was. Even the "Kentucky's Shame" years were almost as brief as they were painful, and even under Tubby, UK went to several Elite 8's. But IU fell off the map completely. Given their historic pedigree, they need nothing short of an NC to truly be "back", but that could happen this year. But given the depths to which they fell, I can understand the current giddiness of their fan base. Hell, I was about to explode when we got Roy back after only 3 years of Coach Doh, although in fairness, the 3 years under Gut weren't that great, either, even though it included 2 FF's (the first one being the most painful loss in program history, IMO, which in itself almost negated the great season, and the second one being so highly improbable that it barely made up for the shitty season we endured).

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

Plus it will be good to finally have another focus of hatred on this board besides UNC vs. UK, so I'm glad IU is at least partially back just for the sass factor alone. Would be really cool if we all three have a powerhouse team in the same year in the near future...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 am

hedge wrote:Even the "Kentucky's Shame" years were almost as brief as they were painful, and even under Tubby, UK went to several Elite 8's. But IU fell off the map completely.
Tubby didn't win a championship?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 am

I understand the giddiness, heck I'm happy they are in the discussion but their attitude of UK took shortcuts and they are doing it "the right way" is just horseshit. I'm not above saying that UK fans were more insufferable than usual when Pitino got us in the upward spiral but....

Say what you will about UK - we may not be above doing everything we can to get a kid on our team , but once he puts on the uniform and steps on the court, we demand the game be played the right way. UK fans would collectively shit if one of our players were instructed by our coach to fake a foul. Hell, we think 4 corners is still a chicken shit move.

As much as we loved DeMarcus Cousins, we tolerated one elbow throw...after that it was reign this kid in Cal.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 am

eCat wrote:UK will never commission a painting for beating IU

My problem with IU is the programs decline was brought on by their own incompetence - they went from one of the top 5 programs ever to being a joke because in their desire to keep up with UK they hired a known cheater - and guess what? He cheated.

but IU seems to gloss over that little nugget of information when they start throwing shit around on UK and Cal bringing us down. You remind an IU fan of that and they say "oh yea, well we fired him!" as if that shows their resolve of being the bastion of sports integrity.

Right now you have a coach that runs off the court and keeps the press waiting for hours after every loss, he teaches his kids to fake fouls and injuries in an effort to win, IU has lost 3 times as the #1 ranked program this year yet your crowning achievement in your minds is beating UK at home last year - and IU is still fixated on Cal being a dirty coach.

Louisville has nothing on IU's envy of everything Kentucky.

I'm glad Cal canceled the series with IU, just for the sole reason it irritates the piss out of IU fans. You guys need validation so badly that you are back as a prominent program, you'll look for any and every opportunity to show it - from cutting down nets after a loss with another game still to go to commissioning a painting to be sold entitled "resurrection" after winning a regular season game.

Its not really BRM - its IU fans and their mindset as a whole.
No argument that IU did this to themselves.

As far as faking injuries and fouls, come the hell on.

And if history has anything to say about it, then Cal is a dirty coach. I don't think it is well hidden fact of his past is it???

No validation necessary. Kentucky / IU was tradition. Cal KNEW he was going to get curb stomped at Lexington this year and wanted no part of it. Has Baylor been taken off the schedule yet?

As far as needing validation to being back, I think what they have done the past two seasons, recruits, and national recognition is more than enough. IU was down like Hedge said to the lowest point in history. Excuse us if we pound our chests a little and flip off the people that said it would take years and years to come back if they ever did with the likes of Kentucky, NC, Duke, etc...

The NCAA basketball world does not revolve around Kentucky and Coach Cal like most Kentucky fans think. Hell, this year has been a great season so far with lots of teams in the 25 that have a true legit shot of winning it all. However, since Kentucky is bubble team right now, Kentucky fans could care less about the season and tourney. They will poo poo their noses at it because they are not in it.

That is some smug shit right there.

Ecat - you seem to be a level headed Kentucky fan so I have no issues with you in particular. Just like all Kentucky fans are not alike, all IU fans are not the same.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

"Tubby didn't win a championship?

He did, but Pitino gets the credit. It would've been the same at UNC had won it instead of UK, Dean would've gotten the credit, not Gut. Hell, Gut would've been falling all over himself trying to force the credit onto Dean...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 pm

" but their attitude of UK took shortcuts and they are doing it "the right way" is just horseshit."

I'm sure that's not going to prompt a "response" from Auggie. No way...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Looks as if North Carolina's legendary moonshiner Popcorn (and Hedge's favorite relative) is getting in on the Harlem Shake craze...

[youtube]FyX7Vd5N0Jo[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm sure somebody could splice in that music to make it look like Jesco White, a.k.a., the Daincin Outlaw, was doing the harlem shake...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:51 pm

and Kentucky falls apart into a embarrassingly bad NIT team.

We'll win one more game this season.