Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Bluegrass Kingdom. A UK Basketball Program documentary to air on Turner Sports.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 pm

narrated by Drake

oh lord

well it will be great for recruiting
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Who's Drake? Aother Disney Channel slave?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

E's kids are already on a 2 hour delay. My spoiled brats envy them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 pm

my wife and our yard are going to get 4 inches tonight
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Over here we get laughed at for that. or so they tell me

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Who's Drake? Aother Disney Channel slave?
Close...a Canadian version of Saved by the Bell. Now he's an extremely famous rapper. I don't even know where the Kentucky connection comes from, though.

LOL @ eCat. I had to read it twice to catch it.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Never heard of him.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Cal snagged him just when he started getting popular, gave him a championship ring, let him coach in the blue/white scrimmage - so he's partial to UK.

I think he was on Disney now that I think about it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

My kids hate living in Montgomery. They never get snow days. To much equipment. Hopefully they get one tomorrow just because.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

his mom's from toronto, his dad's from memphis

he hooked up with Calipari when he coached Memphis, then for some reason I have no clue about, Cal gave Drake a championship ring after winning last year's tournament

If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 am

Memphis lays no claim to Drake.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 am

I think this is wildly optimistic, but I liked reading it (article was discussing, amongst other things, the difference b/w G'Town, UK and UNC since they have had to deal with a major loss or a revamping of the lineup)...

I’m not quite sure I buy Georgetown as a 1-seed in the NCAA tournament. But they have played like the 5th best team in the nation since Greg Whittington went down. Once the Hoyas realized that they needed to run the offense through Otto Porter, the offense has been substantially better.

I don’t quite think Kentucky is this bad without Nerlens Noel. They did pick up a quality win against Missouri without him. But the margin-of-victory numbers aren’t convinced because even the Missouri victory was by a small margin at home.

And I want to end by talking about North Carolina. In the preseason I wrote, “If they choose to go four-guards around James McAdoo, they could attempt to replicate what Missouri did last year, and be plenty effective.” And starting with the Duke game, Roy Williams finally committed to that strategy. For the last six games, North Carolina has gone with a smaller lineup and started playing like the 5th best team in the country. The amazing part is that their defense hasn’t even dropped off with the smaller lineup. Perhaps this isn’t sustainable. Teams may be able to adjust to North Carolina’s new strategy and attack the Tar Heels more effectively. But if North Carolina keeps this up, they may be a legitimate Final Four threat after all.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/22 ... e-Favorite
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

Somebody at IC added this to the list of football and basketball recruits who will be in attendance for the Dook game:

"People:
Dez Bryant
Justin Blackmon
Eric Church- Country Singer"

Goddamn, UK has Jay Z and Drake and we've got a meaningless NFL player from a shitty team and 2 other people that I've never heard of, one of whom is so unknown that he has to be identified as "Country Singer"....

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

When I clicked on the link, I was hoping to see "Michael Jordan, Julius Peppers and Vince Carter", but instead we get Eric Church (country singer). Damn, if we couldn't get Vince Carter, couldn't we at least get Vince Gill instead of Eric Church (country singer)??

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

I have never seen O-LA-DEE-PO dribble into so many defenders last night and the fact that Zeller is just to soft right now.

If they get a #1 seed, I could see them losing to a #16 that has a big nasty guy in the middle. Honestly.

If not, the 8/9 will probably get them.

God damn it they should be just crushing people
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 am

This is from a link to an earlier article that the injury report dude wrote (before the Maui tourny - btw, does anyone know when the Maui brackets are coming out?). I hope goldie's dumb ass will read the second paragraph very closely...

"I think that there is a misconception that teams are only exciting to watch if they have Final Four expectations. North Carolina may be in rebuilding mode, but in my eyes that actually makes them more fascinating to follow this year. Freshman Marcus Paige will likely take over at the point-guard slot, and given Roy Williams track record as a coach who lets his elite freshmen recruits play, the team may live or die by how ready Paige is to pilot the Tar Heels fast-break offense. But North Carolina doesn’t have to depend on Paige to win this year. Dexter Strickland has some experience as a point-guard from last season and I would expect him to play major minutes at point-guard as well. But the real key is that North Carolina doesn’t have to run-and-gun to win this year. All the returning talent at the 2-guard spot should mean that North Carolina has the profile of a team that will be lethal in the half-court. If they choose to go four-guards around James McAdoo, they could attempt to replicate what Missouri did last year, and be plenty effective.

More realistically, Roy Williams will try to develop a few more post players alongside McAdoo. And Tar Heels fans may have to wait patiently as freshmen forwards Brice Johnson and Joel James make their share of mistakes early in the season. But it is all part of the broader North Carolina strategy. While Mike Krzyzewski’s Duke teams are usually in top shape in November and prepared to dominate from the start of the season, Roy Williams runs his lineup to be peaking in March. And all the mistakes Paige, Johnson, and James make in November should be worth it late in the season."

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:32 am

at home senior night and get drilled by 10

hmmm

not sure why they thought they needed 3 with 30 plus sec left being down by 6. that was kind of a wild 3 pointer

those are 5 really tough teams from the big 10 that are good enought to go final 4

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am

hedge wrote:Somebody at IC added this to the list of football and basketball recruits who will be in attendance for the Dook game:

"People:
Dez Bryant
Justin Blackmon
Eric Church- Country Singer"

UK has Jay Z and Drake and we've got a meaningless NFL player from a shitty team and 2 other people that I've never heard of, one of whom is so unknown that he has to be identified as "Country Singer"....

Hedge, have you forgotten what Hubert Davis tried to tell you guys?? Nobody, NOBODY does it like Kentucky. :mrgreen:

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am

This is what Indiana does after losing on Senior Night

Here is a tip on your next Senior night - honor the Seniors before the game.