Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Cal is going to be put in a ugly position next year if Nerlens, Poythress, Goodwin all come back - he'll still have WCS, Wiltjer , Harrow and Hood.

That will put him over the scholarship limit I think and make Wiggins that much harder to bring in.

He may end up like Pitino did with Roderick Rhodes and make some go pro to make room for next years team.

With the Harrison twins coming in he could afford to have a defensive stopper on the back end like Noel.

Its a good problem to have I guess.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

the more I think about it, UK will be scarey next year with the #1 draft pick returning. From UK's standpoing, Noel was wasted on this years team anyways so should he decide to come back...holy shit

That could be Cal's undefeated season dream he wants. I know that's crazy but he'll never get closer than with the team he is assembling next year.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm

eCat wrote:the more I think about it, UK will be scarey next year with the #1 draft pick returning. From UK's standpoing, Noel was wasted on this years team anyways so should he decide to come back...holy shit

That could be Cal's undefeated season dream he wants. I know that's crazy but he'll never get closer than with the team he is assembling next year.
One can hope!

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Check out these kids from Kings Mill just north of Cincy performing during halftime at Rupp.. BTW, both of my nieces attended Kings Mill.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm

AP said he did verbally warn her to "let go of my LEggo" before he wasted her

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm

"He may end up like Pitino did with Roderick Rhodes and make some go pro to make room for next years team."

I suspect that is exactly what Crotch is thinking Cal is going to do...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm

"the more I think about it, UK will be scarey next year with the #1 draft pick returning."

Yes, Noel is a proven commodity, but weren't ya'll thinking Poythress and the other freshmen you got this year were going to be better? What if the same thing happens next year? Everybody doesn't turn out like Wall/Cousins or Davis/Gilcrest. This year proves that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 pm

its possible but Wiltjer will be a Junior, and the other guys have to improve somewhat. I'm guessing Stein will be back.

PG is the key and we should have some depth there next year.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 am

Meteor!!!!!!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 am

I heard that this morning and its not even the one that is supposed to pass close to us

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am

This is the biggest inter dimensional cross rip since the Tunguska blast of 1909.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:50 am

Now, I may be wrong and my memory may have twisted it but I thought a bunch of you TGP bastids all met up at some destination event (baseball game maybe?) and shared rooms...and someone let off an inter dimensional cross rip that definitely outdid anything in 1909 or this Ural Mountains nonsense.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm

I filed my federal tax on the 8th, got back the refund today. I think that may be the fastest that has ever happened.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah I don't know why they acted like shit was going to be so slow. I saw the pending transaction in my bank account on January 29th which is before they claimed they were even going to start processing them (my return was processed about a week earlier than that).

All the sweet video of this meteor, plus the entertaining driving in russia videos make me realize that everybody needs those dashboard cameras here just for entertainment value alone.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

My accountant said that the federal return was gonna hit in like 7 to 10 days. I didn't check. I give that (and the state refund) to my wife anyway to blow. That keeps her preoccupied so she doesn't tear through my bonus before I get a chance to stash pieces away so I can retire one day.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Bklyn wrote:My accountant said that the federal return was gonna hit in like 7 to 10 days. I didn't check. I give that (and the state refund) to my wife anyway to blow. That keeps her preoccupied so she doesn't tear through my bonus before I get a chance to stash pieces away so I can retire one day.
You already have all your K-1's? I'm amazed. I've never had all my stuff ready by 4/15.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

eCat wrote:I filed my federal tax on the 8th, got back the refund today. I think that may be the fastest that has ever happened.
I did TaxAct and got mine back in about the same time (sent on the 4th and got it back the 12th). The whole thing cost me $25. I had been going to H&R Block and paying them about $180 but no more!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm

the first half of the St. Mary's-Gonzaga game last night was the most entertaining college hoops I've seen in a while. good thing I fell asleep on the couch and missed the 2nd half as Gonzaga ran the Gaels out of their own gym.

The white dude with the headband and stringy hair for the Zags (Olynyk?) and the Aussie PG from SMC (Valledenova?) are both pretty good. Considering that for much of the game there were 7-8 white dudes on the floor, I'm surprised Crotch wasn't tuning in as well...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Also, why would Noel return to UK to sit on the bench next year? He should go pro and have a chance to start.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Cletus wrote:
Bklyn wrote:My accountant said that the federal return was gonna hit in like 7 to 10 days. I didn't check. I give that (and the state refund) to my wife anyway to blow. That keeps her preoccupied so she doesn't tear through my bonus before I get a chance to stash pieces away so I can retire one day.
You already have all your K-1's? I'm amazed. I've never had all my stuff ready by 4/15.
I don't have any income derived from partnership interests. My investment structure is not too sexy, honestly, because of what I do for a living. I'm blocked from certain trading, even within my brokerage accounts.