Tennessee Volunteers

Moderators: aTm, Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Tennessee Volunteers

Post by bluetick » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm

We were competitive. Competitive ain't shit.

stick to shorts-n-sneakers ball
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by GBJs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 pm

bluetick wrote:Linda Bensel Myers has been gone from UTK for 11 years, BOJ. She moved to Denver and has been working out. I think I saw a recent pic of her...

here it is

That's over the (bikini) line!!!!!!!!!!!
Worth. Every. Cent.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Tick, I have already told you Phillips was eligible at UF, period. Hubbs confirmed this, he was recruited over and they elected NOT to use their athletic waivers for him. Waivers that don't exist at UT. One of the players UF kept instead of Phillips had worse admission criteria, but they used their waivers on him instead of Phillips.

CP got in but again according to Hubbs and others, not Matthews, CP is leaving strictly because of academic rules "UNIQUE TO TENNESSEE" in the SEC. He would be eligible at any other SEC school but because of the requirements placed on him by the academic side specifically for UT he can not continue here.

You are just blinded by your delusional Fulmer hate that you refuse to admit it, even after multiple sources confirmed it and FREAKIN COACHES TURNED OUR JOB DOWN EXPRESSLY BECAUSE OF IT.

As to the Fulmer Cup, Tennessee has NEVER won it and the year they came up with it both UGA and SCarolina had more issues with the law than UT did (that ESPN spot even included tickets, not just real run ins with the law but parking tickets and moving violations).

So yeah the Fulmer Cup was something thought up by some bammer or other Tennessee enemy but Tennessee never was awarded it. Now that you have to find funny.

I only want athletic admission standards in line with the other SEC schools, schools that have HIGHER general student admissions requirements than UT but can get in athletes that UT can't because of LBM and the english department of which booger eater is the head snake in charge.

Radar didn't help anything. No love lost for him either, he is responsible for letting this happen under his watch, he's as responsible for it as the rest of them.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Here's the man you love eating his boogers at the press conference announcing the new coach.

http://imgur.com/r/CFB/o7BuU

Maybe AC can embed this.

This is the guy that you trust to do what he said and improve the fight between academics and athletics at UT.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

I have no opinion of Cheek. All I know is he's been over the UTAD just two years...and our slide began with Matt Mauck and the SECCG meltdown of 2001.

You shot your mouth off this morning claiming Cheek kept Lacy out of UT...when the fact is Lacy commited to bama before Cheek even came to Knoxville. Your a proven liar.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 am

Big Orange Junky wrote:Eddie Lacy was coming to UT, could not get in thanks to Cheek and the LBM crowd and now starting for Bama in the NC game (per Brent Hubbs).

We could have used him. Thanks english department.
Big lie. Huge. And nice touch dropping Brent Hubbs name to try and give the lie some punch.

oh no, tick - I didn't mean Cheek per se, I..uh..meant...uh...smarty-pants people in general

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am

He meant ass cheek....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 am

I hate it when the Vols fight amongst themselves.

I tend to believe BoJ in this, though. The refs have been trying to keep the Vols down for years, is it that much of a stretch to believe the 'English Department' is too?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Do you mean hate as in the same way you hate scotch?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Bonner got kicked to the curb by Richt for stealing Iphones and Ipads - so naturally Dooley brings him in and he steals a cell phone and now he's gone. I mean have a clue - if Georgia released him, for fucksake he must be headed to the big house with bars.

And as the article says, Phillips came to TN after not being able to qualify at FL.
Big Orange Junky wrote:Tick, I have already told you Phillips was eligible at UF, period.
Nice touch with the "period." lol

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Look tick I don't lie, PERIOD. Hubbs confirmed that he was qualified at UF until they recruited over him and they used their alloted waivers on another player. They let him "not qualify" as a technicality so it wouldn't count against them but they did not use their waiver for him like they did the others. He didn't meet requirements of their general student body but he DID meet requirements for their waivers.

Waivers we used to have but don't have any more. That's just the truth of the matter. It's not what I said, it's not what Matthews said it's per Hubbs.

Same thing with the Lacy story, was coming to UT, couldn't qualify because we didn't have the waivers any more and went to Bama instead. He was a little more gentle with that one not actually naming him just stating a big time running back that went to another SEC school after having UT and that other school in the final two was because he couldn't get in here but did there at the big time SEC school. Lacy was the only one that fit that description. He has to be careful I guess but that's as close to confirmation as anyone got and he didn't dispute that after Lacy was named. That's how that usually works in sensitive situations.

As for the Phillips thing, he didn't mince words, came out and said that Phillips qualified under UF's athletic policy but they recruted over him and didn't use the exceptions to get him in. There were no hints, no inuindos just plain out yes he qualified but they didn't want him to qualify so they elected to hold him to the general student body qualifications as opposed to using their waivers for him.

Hubbs came out and said in The War Room last week that CP was gone because of policies SPECIFIC to UT in the SEC and that he could have stayed at any other SEC school. He also didn't mince words when he said Strong turned down UT because of the academic difficulties unique to UT compared to other SEC schools.

I haven't said any of this. This all comes from Hubbs and other reporters.

To be honest I hadn't even associated any of it with Fulmer like you did. I guess you just can't stand the fact that Fulmer may have had his hands tied as well. I was specifically talking about some of the issues Dooley had to face and the reason we can't get a coach, because of the english department. I hadn't even thought about Fulmer but you just hate him so bad you had to make it about him and in typical Tick fashion shoot the messengers instead of looking at the actual content, even going so far as to falsely accuse me of making stuff up. Every single thing I have said I got from a reporter, not from me.

I should also clear up one other thing, UT doesn't have stricter standards for their athletes than the student body in general and without looking for it I think I either said or implied that and that was a mistake. They just have the strictest admissions for ATHLETES when compared to the other SEC schools, including Vandy. They still take athletes below the student body scores, just not what Bama, Vandy, Florida, Georgia etc (all who have higher general admission standards I believe) will take.

Again if you are happy losing CP when every other school in the SEC would be able to keep him fine but don't bitch about losing football games when you tie the coaches hands in comparison to the other schools they are competing against and don't bitch when we fall to our 8th choice for head coach because of those policies.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I hate it when the Vols fight amongst themselves.
McCarron and Jones Brawl Overshadows Saban to NFL Discussion, Is this Curtains for Bammer Football? - MSM

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Heh.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:24 pm

bluetick wrote:
Bonner got kicked to the curb by Richt for stealing Iphones and Ipads - so naturally Dooley brings him in and he steals a cell phone and now he's gone. I mean have a clue - if Georgia released him, for fucksake he must be headed to the big house with bars.

And as the article says, Phillips came to TN after not being able to qualify at FL.
Big Orange Junky wrote:Tick, I have already told you Phillips was eligible at UF, period.
Nice touch with the "period." lol
That was my New Years gift to you.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Big Orange Junky wrote:Look tick I don't lie, PERIOD. Hubbs confirmed that he was qualified at UF until they recruited over him and they used their alloted waivers on another player. They let him "not qualify" as a technicality so it wouldn't count against them but they did not use their waiver for him like they did the others. He didn't meet requirements of their general student body but he DID meet requirements for their waivers.

Waivers we used to have but don't have any more. That's just the truth of the matter. It's not what I said, it's not what Matthews said it's per Hubbs.

Same thing with the Lacy story, was coming to UT, couldn't qualify because we didn't have the waivers any more and went to Bama instead. He was a little more gentle with that one not actually naming him just stating a big time running back that went to another SEC school after having UT and that other school in the final two was because he couldn't get in here but did there at the big time SEC school. Lacy was the only one that fit that description. He has to be careful I guess but that's as close to confirmation as anyone got and he didn't dispute that after Lacy was named. That's how that usually works in sensitive situations.

As for the Phillips thing, he didn't mince words, came out and said that Phillips qualified under UF's athletic policy but they recruted over him and didn't use the exceptions to get him in. There were no hints, no inuindos just plain out yes he qualified but they didn't want him to qualify so they elected to hold him to the general student body qualifications as opposed to using their waivers for him.

Hubbs came out and said in The War Room last week that CP was gone because of policies SPECIFIC to UT in the SEC and that he could have stayed at any other SEC school. He also didn't mince words when he said Strong turned down UT because of the academic difficulties unique to UT compared to other SEC schools.

I haven't said any of this. This all comes from Hubbs and other reporters.

To be honest I hadn't even associated any of it with Fulmer like you did. I guess you just can't stand the fact that Fulmer may have had his hands tied as well. I was specifically talking about some of the issues Dooley had to face and the reason we can't get a coach, because of the english department. I hadn't even thought about Fulmer but you just hate him so bad you had to make it about him and in typical Tick fashion shoot the messengers instead of looking at the actual content, even going so far as to falsely accuse me of making stuff up. Every single thing I have said I got from a reporter, not from me.

I should also clear up one other thing, UT doesn't have stricter standards for their athletes than the student body in general and without looking for it I think I either said or implied that and that was a mistake. They just have the strictest admissions for ATHLETES when compared to the other SEC schools, including Vandy. They still take athletes below the student body scores, just not what Bama, Vandy, Florida, Georgia etc (all who have higher general admission standards I believe) will take.

Again if you are happy losing CP when every other school in the SEC would be able to keep him fine but don't bitch about losing football games when you tie the coaches hands in comparison to the other schools they are competing against and don't bitch when we fall to our 8th choice for head coach because of those policies.
He's the IB of UT.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Why did you lie, BOJ?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm

I gots nothing more for you, BOJ. You either live in a fantasy world or you have curious ideas about entertaining yourself.

One thing is for sure - you make claims and NEVER follow with a shred of evidence. Coaches turned down UT because of academics? Pure Fiction. Tennessee has the strictest standards for football players over every team in the SEC? Bullfuckingshit.
You can't prove it and you never will. Whereas I posted TN's last place finish in the Academic Progress Report ranking for 2012, and you just ignored it as if it doesn't exist. Ignore, backpedal, or pout...that's what you do when someone blows your bs up. PERIOD. heh

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm

AND FINALLY !!!!!!!

[youtube]pEZhKJA01-4[/youtube]

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Football or Academics? At Tennessee, the Choice is a No-brainer, Literally - Gamedayr

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/volunteers-coaching-hire/

Not cake, but something BOJ can chew on.