Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: UCLA Bruins

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah I can't watch Spy Kids now without thinking back to her stellar performance in Sin City.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

she'd only need one hand to take care of me
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm

BE finale was a little too neat
[spoiler=]and predictable with Rosetti getting offed by his right-hand man (who could have easily put a slug in Nucky and Eli when they were sitting in the car). did like Nucky sending the fuck-you back to Rothstein via Andrew Mellon but you know that's going to be a major Season 4 issue. That and him and Margaret all over again...so, did Jillian die or is she coming back for more? Would have liked to seen Gretchen Mol's tits again if the former[/spoiler]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 pm

The youngest started us watching American Horror Story during the second season, it wasn't bad. The MIF then got the first season on DVD, I liked it better...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Saint wrote:BE finale was a little too neat
[spoiler=]and predictable with Rosetti getting offed by his right-hand man (who could have easily put a slug in Nucky and Eli when they were sitting in the car). did like Nucky sending the fuck-you back to Rothstein via Andrew Mellon but you know that's going to be a major Season 4 issue. That and him and Margaret all over again...so, did Jillian die or is she coming back for more? Would have liked to seen Gretchen Mol's tits again if the former[/spoiler]

[spoiler=]Tonino (Gyp's killer) was likely to not shoot Nucky because he was a dead man, anyway, if he aligned himself back with Gyp. Plus, it was Tonino's cousin who was killed at the beach by Gyp (which made the stabbing poetic, considering the locale). I think Jillian will live and become a junky like her son. Who knows where that takes her, though.

One of my open questions was about Richard. I got all amped about his gun show pre-game in the penultimate episode, but a fleeting thought crossed my mind when I was watching it. Where was Richard when he pulled out all the hardware? He was thrown out of Jillian's house. Where did he go to get those weapons?

I don't know if Margaret comes back. I doubt it.[/spoiler]
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 pm

[spoiler=]I was thinking Tonino would shoot Nucky after he gutted Rosetti. you know, when Nucky told him he'd kill him if he ever saw him in AC again. "Oh yeah, Barney Google! Fuhgeddabout it!
Harrow was living with his squeeze, I think. the old man (who apparently loved the idea he came home all bloody) told him not to come home like that.[/spoiler]

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 pm

I caught Red Dawn and Flight at the movie theater tonight.

Red Dawn was about as I expected, I can't decide if I like Flight or not. It was certainly compelling in a Leaving Las Vegas kind of way
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Sounds better than my night. 6th grade holiday concert. My ears are bleeding.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Terrence Winter has said Jillian is not dead.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 pm

eCat wrote:I caught Red Dawn and Flight at the movie theater tonight.

Red Dawn was about as I expected, I can't decide if I like Flight or not. It was certainly compelling in a Leaving Las Vegas kind of way

you went to a double feature? or you snuck in one after the other was done? I haven't seen 2 movies at one time in a long time. we went to the drive-in in San Jose this summer but didn't stay to watch the 2nd movie after Spiderman, which sucked.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 am

Saint wrote:[spoiler=]I was thinking Tonino would shoot Nucky after he gutted Rosetti. you know, when Nucky told him he'd kill him if he ever saw him in AC again. "Oh yeah, Barney Google! Fuhgeddabout it!
Harrow was living with his squeeze, I think. the old man (who apparently loved the idea he came home all bloody) told him not to come home like that.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=]Well, obviously Tonino did not go there with a gun. I bet Nucky took it from him and told him to use a knife. Also, Tonino would have no idea if Nucky watched him at the beach, so getting a gun from the remaining guys would be a gamble not worth making. I'm pretty sure it does not hurt Tonino's feelings that he's not welcome back in AC. He's a gangster, that's a cost of the game.

I saw nothing that told me Harrow was living with his girl. As a matter of fact, if he was, I would think he would have gone in to clean up...especially if the father inexplicably liked him enough to let him stay. Harrow just dropped the kid off. I am saying (in my head, to rationalize it) that Harrow was in his room at Jillian's getting shit ready. He was kicked out, but allowed to get his things and Gyp's guys would not have sweat him being in the room alone because they didn't really care. That's what I'm telling myself.

Jillian will be a junky and will track down Van Alden to get knocked up.[/spoiler]
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 am

[spoiler=]yeah, maybe Harrow was still at Jillian's putting together his arsenal.

the biggest problem with the finale was no mention of Van Alden and his Norwegian deviltress. it'll be a long, cold summer for me awaiting her return to the screen[/spoiler]

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 am

Flight was disturbing because the hero in the movie was a hero but difficult. You wanted to cheer for him, you wanted him to win, but he made if extremely difficult.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am

Owlman wrote:Flight was disturbing because the hero in the movie was a hero but difficult. You wanted to cheer for him, you wanted him to win, but he made if extremely difficult.
exactly - you just wanted to reach up there and choke him at some point.

[spoiler=]Given the situation that he was a true hero and his skilled saved lives, I could have easily rationalized if I were him to lie about it at the end and walk away. No f'ing way would I have gone to prison for manslaughter when 10 other pilots would haved killed 102 people[/spoiler]

r you snuck in one after the other was done?
yea, Red Dawn ended at 6:15 and the previews were still showing two down for Flight. I just took a pee break and then walked in. The place was almost empty anyways.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am

That's why I've been waiting for another attorney to watch Flight.

[spoiler=]Never would have gone to jail for the death of those people in real life. He could face jail time for flying while under the influence and he would have lost his pilot's license, but jailtime, I don't think so.[/spoiler]
My Dad is my hero still.

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm

My Thanksgiving double feature was Red Dawn w/ my son and Twilight with my daughter.

But I paid for both tickets. (as well as both packs of Milk Duds etc.....)

Also saw Sessions (??) - the one where Helen Hunt gets completely nekkid. It was pretty good in an indy movie kinda way.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Did you take your kids to Sessions?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Negative - altho the 17 year old would have loved it...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

"But I paid for both tickets. "

don't judge me!

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm

heh - truth be told the concession stand was on the other side of the ticket taker - and I really wanted that second round of milk duds and an icee.....