The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:I think Creighton is a hell of a lot better than 11th in the country. I got a chance to see them play for a few minutes over the long weekend. They are fucking good. I could very easily see them winning 25 regular season games.
Why are you so fucking stupid? Honestly?
Why are you so fucking lazy? Honestly?

It is easy to say, North Carolina, Duke, UConn, Kentucky, Nova, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Arizona, UCLA, Purdue, Pitt, Syracuse, and Georgetown. The usual suspects as to the perinial basketball powerhouses are the usual suspects. End of story. It is no fun to to say one of them is the team to watch because of the 300+ teams, we are all already watching all of them.

Rat, grow a pair of testicles, go out on a limb, pick a mid-major and say "....you know what, that team is GOOD!" That is fun. It is fun and interesting because it is hard to do. It is much harder (and riskier) to go out on a limb and say that a mid-major team might make some noise than it is to to follow a perinial powerhouse.

Look at Butler. Think about how much fun Butler fans (and to lesser extent, VCU fans) have had in recent years. March is a great time if you go to Butler. Think about how much fun it would have been to follow that team from the beginning of the season and to come here to the Goat Pen, gloat, and say "....I think that team is really fucking good and might win it all."

Grow some stones Rat. Challenge people to think. I can't root for BC, we just lost to Bryant, we suck. So now I have to find someone else to root for. I think Creighton is good. They have already beaten 3 of the toughest 6 opponents they have on their schedule. If they lose to the other 3 good teams (but win the rest) they go 26-3. Now, I get to have fun. I get to throw it all in your faces for the next three months if Creighton continues to win.
I know its not PC to laugh at retards but this is an exception.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:Why are you so fucking lazy? Honestly?

It is easy to say, North Carolina, Duke, UConn, Kentucky, Nova, Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Arizona, UCLA, Purdue, Pitt, Syracuse, and Georgetown. The usual suspects as to the perinial basketball powerhouses are the usual suspects. End of story. It is no fun to to say one of them is the team to watch because of the 300+ teams, we are all already watching all of them.

Rat, grow a pair of testicles, go out on a limb, pick a mid-major and say "....you know what, that team is GOOD!" That is fun. It is fun and interesting because it is hard to do. It is much harder (and riskier) to go out on a limb and say that a mid-major team might make some noise than it is to to follow a perinial powerhouse.

Look at Butler. Think about how much fun Butler fans (and to lesser extent, VCU fans) have had in recent years. March is a great time if you go to Butler. Think about how much fun it would have been to follow that team from the beginning of the season and to come here to the Goat Pen, gloat, and say "....I think that team is really fucking good and might win it all."

Grow some stones Rat. Challenge people to think. I can't root for BC, we just lost to Bryant, we suck. So now I have to find someone else to root for. I think Creighton is good. They have already beaten 3 of the toughest 6 opponents they have on their schedule. If they lose to the other 3 good teams (but win the rest) they go 26-3. Now, I get to have fun. I get to throw it all in your faces for the next three months if Creighton continues to win.
I know its not PC to laugh at retards but this is an exception.
You do whatever you want. I'll root for Creighton.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:35 pm

You do that dumbass. I'm still gonna be laughing at you though.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm

This exact same thing happened to me

it immediately ended any desire I had to ever play football again

[youtube]rLmdHknLHMU[/youtube]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm

LMAO that kid gets destroyed.

Hope he said something to this effect. "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!!"
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:37 pm

We have weight limits for our Pee Wee leagues. No way that kid would be able to play in that bracket. Feed the kid soup and salad or put him on the division with 14 years olders.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Big kids aren't allowed to play off the line down here.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 am

Watch the video on what the NCAA did with the two Indiana freshmen. Ridiculous....the NCAA needs to be disbanded.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... ter-jurkin
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:32 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Watch the video on what the NCAA did with the two Indiana freshmen. Ridiculous....the NCAA needs to be disbanded.

Agreed. 185.00 donation 20 years ago makes him a booster???? LMAO.

On the other hand though, it is nice to see that the NCAA has cleared up all the other issues in college athletics and had time to focus on this issue. Clean running programs and student athletes are what I think of when I think of the NCAA now.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 am

anyone named Peter Jurkin needs to play and have his named mentioned 1000 times a game

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:05 pm

I am fearful of the game this evening. Tarheels by 15. Going to be rough watching them run up and down the court against IU.

Bet the house folks.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm

BigRedMan wrote:I am fearful of the game this evening. Tarheels by 15. Going to be rough watching them run up and down the court against IU.

Bet the house folks.

by 15? IU wins by 7+

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I think BRM is doing his AA impression.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:23 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Watch the video on what the NCAA did with the two Indiana freshmen. Ridiculous....the NCAA needs to be disbanded.

i might be outraged if it were any program other than iu (although i doubt it; that aau guy's shady as hell)....fock 'em....and the thought that it has to be particularly galling to the bums to see shabazz already suiting up for ucla is pleasing to me

i do agree however, that after they get done jerking jurkin around they need to go the way of the dodo

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Cats rule wrote:

i might be outraged if it were any program other than iu (although i doubt it; that aau guy's shady as hell)....fock 'em....and the thought that it has to be particularly galling to the bums to see shabazz already suiting up for ucla is pleasing to me

i do agree however, that after they get done jerking jurkin around they need to go the way of the dodo

Be afraid son. Be afraid of the ban hammer.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Hairston is out tonight, we weren't going to win anyway, but if he had gotten hot from outside, it might not have been too bad. Now it's going to be ugly...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm slightly concerned that Hairston didn't make the trip. OK, so you sprung your ankle (or whatever), but don't even dress in street clothes and sit on the bench? You don't even make the trip? Hmmmmm....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Pesky tarheels staying around.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Johnson reminds me so much of Jamison