Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I think it's 'legal' - that said, anyone can bring suit for anything, and there are, no doubt, some relgious exclusions.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:In most states, you can fire anyone for anything except for the 10 Fed-protected classes.
Pretty much.

Here in Phoenix, if you work for Ping (Golf club company) you are terminated immediately if they see you smoking. I am not even kidding. No warning, just fired. They have extremely low health insurance costs at Ping and the biggest reason is that will not hire smokers.
Ping.

Go away

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 am

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... c+Radio%29

Minn. man says he 'fired more shots than I needed'
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 am

Owlman wrote:http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... c+Radio%29

Minn. man says he 'fired more shots than I needed'

I read that on another thread.

He needs to rot in jail.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 am

The guy is obviously lying about the order of events. The teenage girl laughed at him after he shot her once and the gun jammed for the second? He shot the first kid multiple times and the girl came downstairs later to get shot herself? Really? GTFOH. That chick does not strike me as one who laughs in the face of gunshots. At least this wasn't in Texas. The guy would not have even missed a single Black Friday sale.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I have no pity for burglers. Scum of the earth.
Let 'er Blow!

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Are we upset he shot them or that he shot them too many times?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Are we upset he shot them or that he shot them too many times?
or that he had no intention of calling the police after he shot them?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Ahh. Haven't followed the story. So, what? He was going to hide the bodies?
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 pm

who knows? as I understand it, the police were called a day later and it was prompted by suspicious neighbors.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Hmmm...so, the robbery story is in question?
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Hmmm...so, the robbery story is in question?
I guess it will all come out - hard to get around the two teens being in his home uninvited.

He executed them both though - shooting them both at point blank after they were clearly incapacitated. He described killing the girl by saying it was a "finishing shot" placing the gun under her chin.

Man needs to be in prison.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Bklyn wrote:The guy is obviously lying about the order of events. The teenage girl laughed at him after he shot her once and the gun jammed for the second? He shot the first kid multiple times and the girl came downstairs later to get shot herself? Really? GTFOH. That chick does not strike me as one who laughs in the face of gunshots. At least this wasn't in Texas. The guy would not have even missed a single Black Friday sale.

Those are the pictures before the two of them started smoking meth. What about pictures AFTER they got addicted and their teeth were rotting up to their gums and they were driven by their addiction to suck cocks in the street for money and break into people's houses (when there were no John's to prostitute themselves to) to steal stuff to feed their meth addiction? Perhaps those more up to date images of those two kids don't look quite so happy and wholesome?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Post them then

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Bklyn wrote:The guy is obviously lying about the order of events. The teenage girl laughed at him after he shot her once and the gun jammed for the second? He shot the first kid multiple times and the girl came downstairs later to get shot herself? Really? GTFOH. That chick does not strike me as one who laughs in the face of gunshots. At least this wasn't in Texas. The guy would not have even missed a single Black Friday sale.

Those are the pictures before the two of them started smoking meth. What about pictures AFTER they got addicted and their teeth were rotting up to their gums and they were driven by their addiction to suck cocks in the street for money and break into people's houses (when there were no John's to prostitute themselves to) to steal stuff to feed their meth addiction? Perhaps those more up to date images of those two kids don't look quite so happy and wholesome?
I can understand the post but seeing them as nameless faceless people doesn't change the guy shot them multiple times and then gave them both head shots to execute them clearly after they were no threat to him. Its nuts like him that lead to more restrictive gun and self defense laws.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 pm

eCat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:

I can understand the post but seeing them as nameless faceless people doesn't change the guy shot them multiple times and then gave them both head shots to execute them clearly after they were no threat to him. Its nuts like him that lead to more restrictive gun and self defense laws.
Yes two wrongs don't make a right. I agree. Both the kids and the shooter broke two of God's original ten laws. I just grow dis-satisfied with a media that uses images (like that one) to evoke public opinion to convict (or acquit) someone of a crime. That is the responsibility of the DA, not the media.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Smith told investigators he was fearful after several break-ins at his remote home about 10 miles south of Little Falls, a central Minnesota town of 8,000 people. The sheriff's office had only one report of a break-in, on Oct. 27. Smith reported losing thousands of dollars in cash, gold coins, two guns, photo equipment and jewelry.
Brady's sister, Crystal Schaeffel, told the Star Tribune that Kifer had stolen prescription drugs from her home before. Little Falls police records show Crystal Schaeffel reported a theft Aug. 28, but the department said the report was not public because that investigation was continuing and because it named juveniles.
About 200 people attended a vigil at Little Falls High School last night. One woman who has kids about the same age as the victims said that many people in town are sickened by the incident.
Grief Counselors are on the way.
Let 'er Blow!

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Post them then
EFZ. IB, if the picture they have on the web is as wrong as you say, I still question your description of zombie burglars. So, yeah, post a picture of these toothless larcenists.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Someone needs to arrest the Oklahoma City Thunder for the overly unnecessary way they destroyed the Bobcats last night...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm

How much did you guys wind up scoring? I didn't even turn it on, but during the Knicks @ Nets City Championship game the reported the score was like 82 to 37 or something like that.