Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen, your 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

That should help him with the homos, hos and un married women.
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:43 pm

bluetick wrote:Don't Pity the Rich; The Great Recession Was Worse on the Poor
by Matthew O'Brien the Atlantic, 10/16/2012

WHO CARES?!?!

If "the poor" are busy working 55 hours a week to support a family of five in their 50 year old, 3 bedroom home, then their bitch with the rich is that dad is driving an 11 year old mini-van he bought 2nd hand while the wealthier drive brand new Escalades. That is a problem that our poor WANT to have....

...that is not their problem. Theirs is an entirely different problem, a problem Mitt Romney identified that President Obama refuses to.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:46 pm

puterbac wrote:
They have this cash because they don't know wtf their costs are going to be for current and future employees. They have to do what govt will not: Live within their means and plan for the future.
You are such a goddam shill for your corporate betters.

The [Great Recession] recovery of real output to an historically high level that is 2.2% above pre-recession levels with 2.6% fewer employees has also translated into record-level after-tax corporate profits, which are now 30% above pre-recession levels.

Higher production + Fewer Employees = Record profits. You understand this, don't you Smithers? You may not like it, and you will ignore it...but you get it.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:FTR, I am not really opposed to going back to the Clinton tax rates for the wealthy. After all, the country boomed under those rates. But it makes more sense to do so after the economy rebounds. Raising taxes on anybody in the middle of a recession is not a good idea. Plus, with the global economy, if you significantly raise taxes on the wealthy now, they'll just move their money overseas, and revenues will plummet instead of increase.
Fuck that shit. That "they'll just move their money overseas" dog just doesn't hunt anymore. The ones who are inclined to move their money will do so even if times are great. A recent presidential contender comes to mind...

We've lived under the sword of what the Job Creators will do if they don't get their way long enough. Let's kick this pig and get it on. The people have spoken. Crybaby and turkey neck McConnell need to get on board.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Some people just gotta have a chart.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

bluetick wrote:
puterbac wrote:
They have this cash because they don't know wtf their costs are going to be for current and future employees. They have to do what govt will not: Live within their means and plan for the future.

The [Great Recession] recovery of real output to an historically high level that is 2.2% above pre-recession levels with 2.6% fewer employees has also translated into record-level after-tax corporate profits, which are now 30% above pre-recession levels.

Higher production + Fewer Employees = Record profits. You understand this, don't you Smithers? You may not like it, and you will ignore it...but you get it.
Higher production + Fewer Employees = Record profits in every single industrialize, information age driven country, in the world.

How is the government changing labour policy in the United States going to improve this for the "working man" if Japan, Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world continue to automate?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

bluetick wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:FTR, I am not really opposed to going back to the Clinton tax rates for the wealthy. After all, the country boomed under those rates. But it makes more sense to do so after the economy rebounds. Raising taxes on anybody in the middle of a recession is not a good idea. Plus, with the global economy, if you significantly raise taxes on the wealthy now, they'll just move their money overseas, and revenues will plummet instead of increase.
Fuck that shit. That "they'll just move their money overseas" dog just doesn't hunt anymore. The ones who are inclined to move their money will do so even if times are great. A recent presidential contender comes to mind...

We've lived under the sword of what the Job Creators will do if they don't get their way long enough. Let's kick this pig and get it on.
What do you want government to "do" to business to force them to hire US citizens?

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm

GAY Priest????? City councilmen? Don't blame them for being upset

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/vi ... ember.kvue
My Dad is my hero still.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

bluetick wrote:
puterbac wrote:

I guess I'm confused on what you are bitching about. Are you complaining because a company is well run and makes money? Seriously wtf are you complaining about? Do you think companies shouldn't try to be as efficient as possible and waste money? Do you disagree and say companies do NOT pass on expenses (taxes) to customers?

Yeah I understand it. Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work and have higher profits.

What you don't seem to understand is that companies with thousands of employees are sitting on cash instead of investing it or expanding because they do not know what their taxes are going to be and what the cost of Opramacare is going to be to them. You do know that there are THOUSANDS of regs from the boards created in Opramacare that have yet to be written right? Do you know what they will be, um no and neither does anybody else. Its called uncertainty and there is plenty of it. A CEO that ignores this isn't a very good CEO. And it is funny that the original article was basically salivating over the 2 trillion in cash reserves that biz currently has. That is all the companies in the USA for fucks sake. Govt will spend that much in 6 months or less.

I can tell you in our biz that budgets are as tight as they have ever been and every expense or potential expense is being scrutinized to a huge degree even if its already budgeted for. The 2.3% device tax is a major reason why and it goes into effect in 2013.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
bluetick wrote:

We've lived under the sword of what the Job Creators will do if they don't get their way long enough. Let's kick this pig and get it on.
What do you want government to "do" to business to force them to hire US citizens?
The better question is what can US citizens (aka consumers) do to force them to hire US citizens.

What do you drive, Repeal-the-27th-amendment? I'm guessing you're Korean all the way. In our garage we're Ford, Ford, and Chrysler (a piece of shit but it's American Red, White, and Blue by God).

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 pm

puterbac wrote:
bluetick wrote:You are such a goddam shill for your corporate betters.

I guess I'm confused on what you are bitching about. Are you complaining because a company is well run and makes money? Seriously wtf are you complaining about? Do you think companies shouldn't try to be as efficient as possible and waste money? Do you disagree and say companies do NOT pass on expenses (taxes) to customers?

Yeah I understand it. Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work and have higher profits.

What you don't seem to understand is that companies with thousands of employees are sitting on cash instead of investing it or expanding because they do not know what their taxes are going to be and what the cost of Opramacare is going to be to them. You do know that there are THOUSANDS of regs from the boards created in Opramacare that have yet to be written right? Do you know what they will be, um no and neither does anybody else. Its called uncertainty and there is plenty of it. A CEO that ignores this isn't a very good CEO. And it is funny that the original article was basically salivating over the 2 trillion in cash reserves that biz currently has.
He said "lets kick the pig" (his words) whatever the fuck that Occupy Wall Street expression means. It doesn't mean much here at The Goat Pen that's for damn sure. But at least it allows Blue Tick to keep his pride and not say anything meaningful because he doesn't have any real idea what to do other than government going into bank accounts of these corporations and siezing the money.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm

bluetick wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
bluetick wrote:Fuck that shit. That "they'll just move their money overseas" dog just doesn't hunt anymore. The ones who are inclined to move their money will do so even if times are great. A recent presidential contender comes to mind...

The better question is what can US citizens (aka consumers) do to force them to hire US citizens.
Stop majoring in Women's Studies and start majoring in STEM. That would "force" these companies to hire them since that is what they need, not communications majors.

Kids fucked up. They chose the wrong majors in college (the pussy majors) because they didn't want to flunk out. So they picked un-flunkable majors that don't teach them anythign of value in the business world. It should come as no surprise to them that they offer nothing of value to an employer.
bluetick wrote:What do you drive, Repeal-the-27th-amendment? I'm guessing you're Korean all the way. In our garage we're Ford, Ford, and Chrysler (a piece of shit but it's American Red, White, and Blue by God).
I drive a 2011 Chevy Cruze. Leased it, $199 a month. I'll turn it in, in 2014 and get another Cruze most likely.

And I want to repeal the 26th Amendment, get it right. A 19 year old has no business voting, not if they are voting to re-elect Obama.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm

puterbac wrote: Yeah I understand it. Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work and have higher profits.

What you don't seem to understand is that companies with thousands of employees are sitting on cash instead of investing it or expanding because they do not know what their taxes are going to be and what the cost of Opramacare is going to be to them. You do know that there are THOUSANDS of regs from the boards created in Opramacare that have yet to be written right? Do you know what they will be, um no and neither does anybody else. Its called uncertainty and there is plenty of it. A CEO that ignores this isn't a very good CEO. And it is funny that the original article was basically salivating over the 2 trillion in cash reserves that biz currently has. That is all the companies in the USA for fucks sake. Govt will spend that much in 6 months or less.
LOL Well which is it, genius? "Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work"...or "uncertainty and there is plenty of it" precludes CEOs from hiring? Which company line are you going with, Smithers?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 pm

bluetick wrote:
puterbac wrote: Yeah I understand it. Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work and have higher profits.

LOL Well which is it, genius? "Efficient companies need fewer employees to do the same amount of work"...or "uncertainty and there is plenty of it" precludes CEOs from hiring? Which company line are you going with, Smithers?
Its both.

They need fewer workers and they are profitable.

If they want to be MORE profitable, they need to expand a little and that means hiring. They wont do that with this President, the costs are much too great if he has Congress enact the wrong legislation. Just stay slim and trim, marginally profitable, with cash in the bank, and wait for the GOP to get back into power....

...that is what I would do.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Since I haven't seen anything about the Northeast lately, I assume that O healed the damage.
Let 'er Blow!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Soooooo, the rich got richer and blacks got in the unemployment line, sounds like a republican was elected.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Liberals are the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. They will vote for a liberal even if it means their life will suck worse....which is pretty much the case every time...lib politicians make it worse for EVERYONE...but conservatives...well they level the playing field so people who actually work for their money GET TO KEEP IT...oh the horror.

Liberals are fucking retards.
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

BAMAFEVER
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by BAMAFEVER » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

GO sequestration! Forward Austerity. Let stoopid MFers endure that for which they've voted.

J/King, not really!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
He said "lets kick the pig" (his words) whatever the fuck that Occupy Wall Street expression means. It doesn't mean much here at The Goat Pen that's for damn sure. But at least it allows Blue Tick to keep his pride and not say anything meaningful because he doesn't have any real idea what to do other than government going into bank accounts of these corporations and siezing the money.
Kick the pig...move the ball forward....get off the schneide....bang a gong/get it on. As in 'deal with our looming fiscal deadline' - you incredibly clueless dipwad. LOL @ Occupy Wall Street expression. I don't speak OWS - I own an insurance agency for crissakes. I make payrolls and pay business taxes and deal with regulations you could never comprehend even if you did manage to get the cap off of that smart-pill bottle.

This isn't the Goat Pen, dumbass - it's PNN. Listen up when the pnners call you out for being THE loon of this thread...they're trying to tell your misogynist dumb ass something.