innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Dora wrote:
they will be RICHER as a result of a tax cut
Cool. Then all you have to do is give them tax cuts while I collect my SS & Medicare. It will even out that way. :D
You know Dora, I have a confession to make.

My first fiancee had dual citizenship, US and Canada. She was born in the US, raised in Canada. (I don't know if she is dual anymore as we lost touch 17 years ago) but her dual citizenship was very important to her. She couldn't vote in a US election with her "dual citizenship" but that didn't matter, she had to be a dual citizen. And why? Because she wanted the freedom to go to Canada and get her "free" government funded health care at any moment.

So one day I got a little courageous. I thought to myself, "...just try it IB, just try it, what is the worst that could happen..." and I asked her point blank,
me wrote:Dear, what makes you think you are entitled to that Socialized Health Care since you don't live in Canada and you have never paid any taxes in that country?
She went ape shit. Started screaming at me, telling me how ENTITLED she was, how much she is OWED, how much that health care means to Canadians and I could never understand. Then she got up and stormed out of the room. It was clear, she had no real rational "defense" for her entitlement desires.

Point is this, she was irrational. And I think that is what happens to people if you threaten their entitlements, they tend to become irrational. Like you right now.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 4:36 pm

She couldn't vote in a US election with her "dual citizenship" but that didn't matter, she had to be a dual citizen.
Are you sure about your terminology? If you are a U.S. citizen, you can vote in the United States I believe. Arnold has dual citizenship and he votes in elections (he just can't run for President).
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Owlman wrote:
She couldn't vote in a US election with her "dual citizenship" but that didn't matter, she had to be a dual citizen.
Are you sure about your terminology? If you are a U.S. citizen, you can vote in the United States I believe. Arnold has dual citizenship and he votes in elections (he just can't run for President).
I'm only telling you what she told me. She said she could not register to vote in the US. Perhaps she was mistaken. (She was mistaken about quite a lot of things.) That happens when you are BPD.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 25, 2011 4:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Dora wrote:
they will be RICHER as a result of a tax cut
Cool. Then all you have to do is give them tax cuts while I collect my SS & Medicare. It will even out that way. :D
You know Dora, I have a confession to make.

My first fiancee had dual citizenship, US and Canada. She was born in the US, raised in Canada. (I don't know if she is dual anymore as we lost touch 17 years ago) but her dual citizenship was very important to her. She couldn't vote in a US election with her "dual citizenship" but that didn't matter, she had to be a dual citizen. And why? Because she wanted the freedom to go to Canada and get her "free" government funded health care at any moment.

So one day I got a little courageous. I thought to myself, "...just try it IB, just try it, what is the worst that could happen..." and I asked her point blank,
me wrote:Dear, what makes you think you are entitled to that Socialized Health Care since you don't live in Canada and you have never paid any taxes in that country?
She went ape shit. Started screaming at me, telling me how ENTITLED she was, how much she is OWED, how much that health care means to Canadians and I could never understand. Then she got up and stormed out of the room. It was clear, she had no real rational "defense" for her entitlement desires.

Point is this, she was irrational. And I think that is what happens to people if you threaten their entitlements, they tend to become irrational. Like you right now.
She was really telling you she was tired of you.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Wed May 25, 2011 6:15 pm

IB, unlike your wife, I've been paying into the system since I was a teenager. I've been paying based on the expectation that when I get old, I will be able to collect. So there is nothing irrational about my intention to collect. That's the way it's supposed to be. But, your wife, why would she need to go to Canada for health care? Weren't you able to provide her with better health care right here in the good old USA?
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Dora wrote:IB, unlike your wife, I've been paying into the system since I was a teenager. I've been paying based on the expectation that when I get old, I will be able to collect. So there is nothing irrational about my intention to collect. That's the way it's supposed to be. But, your wife, why would she need to go to Canada for health care? Weren't you able to provide her with better health care right here in the good old USA?
This one never upgraded past fiancee to wife.

This one was BPD. I found out before I said "I do." BPD = deal-breaker.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 pm

biparietal diameter?
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Owlman wrote:biparietal diameter?
borderline personality disorder

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 pm

What? She's perfect for you.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:What? She's perfect for you.
yeah that was a long time ago rat

I was just 22 when I met her and I was a young 22. I didn't know anything about personality disorders of any kind. There is no way I could have known what I was getting myself into, no idea. And even if someone could have calmly explained what BPD was to me (in order to protect me), she was so hot, I was so naive, and I liked fucking her so much that I wouldn't have cared...

...until she started to hit me. By then I was already in too deep, engaged so to speak. And the episodes got worse, and worse. And when I pulled the plug on the relationship, it went from worse to dangerous, to impossible. Those borderline people are very scary, very dangerous. I under-estimated her, do not under-estimate them.

But I learned some lessons. And since we didn't get hitched, I'd say I got out of that one pretty cheap.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 pm

You should have hit her back. Wuss.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 25, 2011 9:44 pm

She must have had a really big purse. That's a dead giveaway.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Democrat wins NY-26 seat...a referendum on Paul Ryan's plans to privatize Medicare?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55644.html
Just a sign of how dumb people are when they believe the ads with people in wheel chairs being pushed off of cliffs.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Dora wrote:I'm paying more than $500 a month for mediocre healthcare coverage. It's not terrible... they did play $$$$ for my cancer treatments. But I'm really looking forward to Medicare. If they do away with it, that would be the one thing that might lead me to buying a gun & resorting to assasination. In prison, you get healthcare you know.
WTF has ever said anything about doing away with it? Everyone knows that is political suicide.

Govt already just cuts reimbursements to Docs when they want to "cut costs" which just leaves more for you to pay or Docs who won't accept medicare patients cause they can't make any money treating them.

The bottom line is the days of trying to "take care of"everyone regardless of financial situation has got to end.

SS and Medicare will have to move to a means tested program, but that can't be done immediately because people who are or close to retirement have been promised and planned on things the way they are.

It will have to start with people about age 50 NOW to give them time to plan so that only people who are basically poor will get benefits. That way taxes can be reduced BIG TIME as the number of those on the rolls will be decreased dramatically.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm

bluetick wrote:In prison, you get healthcare you know.

In our very red state, you can get a pretty good education there too. In fact, our prisons are in better physical shape than our state universities. And our prison guards can collectively bargain for salaries, whereas our teachers lost that priviledge in the legislature last week.

Some wags have suggested that if you had more teachers you would need less guards. Thankfully that kind of liberal claptrap no longer holds sway around here.
If you said more two parent households that give a damn about education and schools that are allowed to discipline students, then yeah maybe.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Dora wrote:IB, I paid for my parents' Medicaid without being impoverished by it. In fact, it would have cost oodles more if I had to pay for their health care without Medicaid. I was a great mom & I did it on my own. I always made sure my kids lived in a nice home, in a decent neighborhood & got a good education. They went to college on *my* dime & graduated without humongous debts to pay off. I gave them $$ for a down payment on their house & just got back from taking the grands to Disney World. They both tell me repeatedly how grateful they are to me for all I've done & what I continue to do. They have said many times there is nothing they would not do to help me... so no I don't feel bad at all if they contribute to my healthcare in my old age.
Umm unstead of having uncle sam as the middle man siphoning off 80% why not allow them to pay the friggin premiums since you did do much for them?

Its a serious question because that is what USED to happen in the USA. M&D take care of you and then you take care of them. WTF is wrong with that?

And another serious question if you don't mind talking about it: What kind of cancer and did they do any diagnostic scanning? PET/CT etc? Hope everything is all good. Cancer sucks to put it mildly.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Dora wrote:IB, you don't have to take SS & Medicaid. Me, I've been paying all my adult life & I intend to collect until I die. If the younger generation has a problem with this, they will need to effect a change.
And you have been promised this and if in or close to retirement I agree with what you say above.

But it has to change for those who have time. It simply isn't sustainable by either program.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Owlman wrote:
That said, how does it make you feel to know that your future healthcare entitlement is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?
That said, how does it make you feel to know that the continuing Bush tax cuts is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY one more time, IB.
Revenues went up after the tax cuts were put in place. About 48 straight months of Job Growth.

AND the damn tax code became MORE progressive as a result of the cuts. You libs should be sucking W's cock for Christ sake. More lower income pay no fed income taxes and the top 50, 25, 10, 5, and 1% all pay a higher percentage of fed income taxes than before.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Owlman wrote:nice theory, but so was the theory that the earth was flat. Both are untrue.

The Bush tax cuts massively increased the deficit (big change immediately from the Clinton administration) and the Iraq war was financed by China buying our debt.
Incorrect. The surplus started evaporating with increased spending by both R's and D's during clintons last few years then combined with the recession and market bubble that started before W was elected. Combined with 9/11 job losses (lower tax revenues) and increased defense spending defecit went up until 2004, but every year after that it decreased and was down to 160 billion 2007 or nearly 10 times LESS than any Oprama budget. It jumped to 400 billion cause of the stimulus bill in 2008.

Down to 160 billion despite all the war spending and everything else. Now its been almost 10 times that for multiple years in a row. That should be stunning to people and its only going to get worse if Opramacare isn't reversed.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Just LMAO...wanting to look at raw data as a check and balance that taxpayers likely paid for is harassing? Fuck off...

Freedom of information laws are used to harass scientists, says Nobel laureate

Sir Paul Nurse says climate scientists are being targeted by campaigns of requests designed to slow down their research

.http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011 ... scientists