Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 pm

THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:18 pm

THE_WIZARD_ wrote:Image

and this differentiates them from the republicans how?
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm not a Republican. I'm Libertarian.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

AugustWest wrote:

One is heading for the cliff a lot faster.
Let 'er Blow!

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:36 pm

10ac wrote:
AugustWest wrote:

One is heading for the cliff a lot faster.
Pretty much.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

THE_WIZARD_ wrote:I'm not a Republican. I'm Libertarian.
That makes three of us around here. Kind of a microcosm of the R's problem.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

and this differentiates them from the republicans how?[/quote]

One is heading for the cliff a lot faster.[/quote]

Pretty much.[/quote]

which party was in charge when we drove over the cliff in 20008?
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Actually, the Dims had 2 out of 3.
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

AugustWest wrote:which party was in charge when we drove over the cliff in 20008?
That wasn't the fault of government (per se.) That was the fault of human nature and the unwillingness of ordinary Americans who are perfectly content to be "upside-down" on a new car, but never willing to be "upside-down" on their home, not when someone else can buy the same home in their neighborhood for less money.

2008 proved that a "credit rating" is not worth preserving/protecting if doing so is too inconvenient for one's lifestyle.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 pm

My god you are a fucktard.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 pm

I consider myself a libertarian philosophically. But in reality, politically, its a nonstarter in this country. It's possible that the two party system is eroding, mostly b/c the repub party as it currently exists cannot sustain itself. Too many religious fucktards like IB will ensure that. They are simply on the wrong side of history, and it will be very hard for the to tweak things b/c of the aforementioned hardline idiots like IB, who make up a sizable portion of their adherents, who will NEVER compromise on the most obvious shit like pro-choice. Any party that is anti pro-choice (I don't call them pro-life, b/c they're not) is not going to be a viable party for much longer, irregardless of what I think personally. It's just a fact. So let them crash and burn, I don't care. I wouldn't vote for any repub mainly b/c of that, b/c from an economic standpoint, there's not a nickel's worth of difference b/w the repubs and the dems. So I vote social issues instead. But from a purely economic and "size of government" standpoint, I am libertarian. Find me a libertarian that has even a snowball's chance of getting elected, I'll vote for them. Maybe that day is coming, but it isn't here yet. And for damn sure there's not a single repub, most of whom spout libertarian ideals but are really full of shit, who is going to govern along libertarian lines. Fuck 'em...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm

hedge wrote:I consider myself a libertarian philosophically. But in reality, politically, its a nonstarter in this country. It's possible that the two party system is eroding, mostly b/c the repub party as it currently exists cannot sustain itself. Too many religious fucktards like IB will ensure that. They are simply on the wrong side of history, and it will be very hard for the to tweak things b/c of the aforementioned hardline idiots like IB, who make up a sizable portion of their adherents, who will NEVER compromise on the most obvious shit like pro-choice. Any party that is anti pro-choice (I don't call them pro-life, b/c they're not) is not going to be a viable party for much longer, irregardless of what I think personally. It's just a fact.
I am pro-life because an unborn baby is still a human being. To kill it is to murder an innocent life. That is a non-starter for me.

Most of the Democrats that I know have no problem with abortion because they are racist.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Babies died. IB cried.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm

the US needs a 3rd party, badly

The fiscally responsible conservatives who don't give a shyt about abortion, religion & aren't racist must seriously feel like their getting the shitty end of the stick because the republican constituents are filled with a bunch of wierdos who the middle can't get behind
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:46 pm

T Dot O Dot wrote:the US needs a 3rd party, badly

The fiscally responsible conservatives who don't give a shyt about abortion, religion & aren't racist must seriously feel like their getting the shitty end of the stick because the republican constituents are filled with a bunch of wierdos who the middle can't get behind
You want the Republican Party to be a Libertarian Party. That doesn't work.

Part of the word "conservative" is the root word: "conserve." The GOP has a platform where some things are worth conserving.

I'm sorry you are too bigotted to see the damnation that abortion has wrought upon almost hundred million Americans (those who were murdered and those who consented to their murder) but this is a deal breaker for the GOP. Life is more important than anything.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Again. Seek help

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm personally against abortion but I wish Rat''s Mom would have chose it.

I do think it is a states rights issue...not a fed issue too....as most issues should be. The "limited fed power" that our founding fathers created has been shit on so many times it looks likes Rat's underwear.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:50 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
T Dot O Dot wrote:the US needs a 3rd party, badly

You want the Republican Party to be a Libertarian Party. That doesn't work.

Part of the word "conservative" is the root word: "conserve." The GOP has a platform where some things are worth conserving.

I'm sorry you are too bigotted to see the damnation that abortion has wrought upon almost hundred million Americans (those who were murdered and those who consented to their murder) but this is a deal breaker for the GOP. Life is more important than anything.

and in the next breath you bytch about welfare mothers making babies

which is it?

and your definition of conservative is your own, any real conservative (dollars and cents) would not only be okay with abortion, they'd open a clinic on every street corner
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 pm

That group described - "conservatives who don't give a shyt about abortion, religion & aren't racist" (although not necessarily fiscally responsible) aptly describes the R Establishment. They hand picked Romney. But you're right that a lot of R voters - the ones you describe as the "bunch of wierdos" - indeed didn't get behind him. That's why he lost.

If the Establishment R's keep doing what they always do, and keep ensuring the nomination of more mushy moderates, which have a 100% track record of failing, then I think there is a possibility of a third party. If that happens, the Republican will split into two halves - one for the plutocrat conservatives, for whom enrichment of the wealthy is the ONLY goal, and one for the social and fiscal conservatives.

They might even split into three parties - one for plutocrat conservatives, one for the social conservatives, and one for the secular fiscal conservatives. Of course, that will ensure the Dem's will dominate for a long time.

That's why I favor libertariansim. The plutocrat, social and fiscal conservatives can settle their differences on a state-by-state basis. So in NY, the plutocrats will probably rule over the others. In the South, the social conservatives will prevail. Out West, the fiscal conservatives will outmuscle the other two. Libertarianism is the only way conservatism survives in my opinion.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 pm

They hand picked Romney
They didn't hand pick Romney. You guys are so used to lying to others, that you lie to yourselves and eventually begin to believe it. If the right had in any way given a credible alternative, he would have been nominated. All knew that you couldn't trust Romney. It was set up for Rick Perry, until shown during the debates that he was an idgit. You had no alternative to Romney. Santorum, blame the voting. (if they had shown that he had won in Iowa at the time, perhaps momentum could have carried him). But then, he would have been buried in the general election.
My Dad is my hero still.