Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 pm

P.S. The R's had better fix their problem with Hispanics RIGHT NOW. If Hispanics wind up becoming another automatic 90%+ voting block for the Dem's, like the blacks already are, then the R's might as well disband as a national party.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm

bluetick wrote:Quite Fucking True.

Except JD is a preacher, so maybe it's Quoted For Truth or something tamer like that.

fyp= fixed your post

where you been, Notorious?
Was the context I used.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 pm

JD may be a preacher, but he's been known to use the f word. Just like IB, the Christian marriage counselor.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:JD may be a preacher, but he's been known to use the f word. Just like IB, the Christian marriage counselor.
I have, indeed, been impolite in my language choice at times, motherfucker.

*Imagines the language Jesus used when he beat the hedge fund managers in the temple courtyard . . .
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Has it been mentioned yet that tea party champ and colossal imbecile Allen West was kicked out on his rear?
Victor Davis Hanson made that point in his article. I linked it to this very site. So.... yeah.

Allen West is no imbecile. But I guess you'd just call him a racist the way you did me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 pm

It seems to me the bed wetters are the ones full of venom and vitriol. But it may just be my perspective.
Let 'er Blow!

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 am

From my viewpoint, there haven't been a ton of graceful winners OR losers post election. To be expected, I suppose.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

Professor Tiger wrote:P.S. The R's had better fix their problem with Hispanics RIGHT NOW. If Hispanics wind up becoming another automatic 90%+ voting block for the Dem's, like the blacks already are, then the R's might as well disband as a national party.
R's don't have a problem with hispanics. R's have a problem with criminals. They don't want criminals (ie: illegal aliens) cutting in line to move to this country. You don't fix that with criminals. They don't get to cut in line because their 3rd world country of origin just happens to be the closest one to the United States.

Now, if the entire legal, Hispanic-American culture, chooses to self-lobotomize by voting for Democrats because they vehemently disagree with Republicans NOT excusing criminals for their criminal behavior (criminals where the only thing Hispanic Americans have in common with them is they share the same skin complexion)..... well...... then fuck it. This country is royal and truly fucked and we are not fit for self-rule. Best appoint a royal family and have a king and a Constitutional Monarchy before the Hispanics that moved here away from their 3rd world country turn the United States into a 3rd World country (if it isn't already.)

As I said earlier....

Repeal the 26th Amendment

End Women's Suffrage
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, they've suffred enough.
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:I rarely post here, but I want to give my take on this election melodrama and the subsequent gnashing of the teeth of conservatives.

It's really easy to see what happened here: Pro-Lifers get on their soapbox = Pro Choicers go vote Dem.

Conservatives are outright hostile to black and Latinos = People of color go vote Dem.

Conservatives get on their soapbox about gay marriage = the fags go vote Dem.

Conservatives tout their Christian Values = people who are indifferent to religion go vote Dem.

This is the election in a nutshell. IT DOESN'T MATTER that the economy is shitty. People are not going to join forces with a party who is OUTRIGHT HOSTILE towards them. This is basic human nature.

The sad thing is that I know a lot of conservative people; they are the NICEST, most caring, upstanding people on a personal level. But since they are so rabid in their beliefs, it drives other Americans away. And as long as this climate exists, this division is going to continue, no matter who they run as candidates.

Just think about what they are saying when they say, "Let's Take America Back"....
Of all the posts I've read since the election, this is the one I agree with the most.

My conclusion from this election is that relentless, vitriolic, white-hot rage against Obama is not a winning campaign strategy. And the rage seems more aimed at Obama the man rather than his policies. The common R argument I heard came across as, "Vote for Romney because Obama is a Moozlum atheist foreign-born communist!" I did not hear much like, "Vote for Romney because he will do these things to improve the lives of average people..."

I opposed Obama on his deficits, the anti-religious freedom aspects of Obamacare, and Benghazi. But I never hated the air he breathes like most conservatives do. I suggest that conservatives learn to present their arguments positively and not as a hostile reaction to somebody else. I especially suggest they articulate conservatism as a solution to average peoples' problems.

Here's an example, for starters: I've read the reactions of conservative punditry today. The consensus seems to be that all Obama voters are looking for "stuff" provided by the government for free. The implication is that all Obama voters are welfare queens being paid not to work. But there are millions and millions of people who are unemployed right now. The vast majority of them are seriously looking for work. The vast majority of them desperately want to work, but until then, must depend on unemployment insurance and food stamps, which probably totals around $1,500 per month. Along come the R''s who tell them they are lazy worthless bums, and if they were worth anything, they'd have a job and wouldn't be leaching off the "productive people." And if the R's had their way, they'd take that $1,500 away, and give it to the "productive people." Now why on earth would people in that harsh situation ever consider voting Republican?
That is NOT what Republicans were saying.

Republicans were saying (and are still saying) that far too many of these unemployed people FUCKED UP and picked the WRONG MAJOR IN COLLEGE. That is their fault, they made bad choices (and choices have consequences.) That is why they can't find a job and aren't "productive." They were too busy partying and focusing on Spring Break and blowing off their meaningless Psychology classes instead of focusing on why they had to transfer out of a STEM major before they flunked out. That degree in Women's Studies is worthless, sorry that company refuses to hire you because they would have to spend 12 months training you to do a job that Punjab and his Green Card can do for $25/hour.

Did you actually talk to any of these Occupy Wall Street lunatics? I did. I wasted almost 30 minutes of my life (that I want back) listening to some 23 year old kid explain to me why taxpayers must make him whole on his $100,000 in student loans for his Communications Degree. He blames Republicans because people can't flip their houses and banks are foreclosing on them since you can't refinance when you are upside-down. There was not one meaningful point, not one, that anyone at that OWS camp could make that would apply in real life. But I'll tell you, there was not ONE STEM MAJOR graduate there protesting, they were too busy working....

...and I guarantee you, the majority (if not ALL) of OWS, they voted yesterday. And they didn't vote for Romney. Romney would NEVER have made them "whole." They have a chance with President Obama.
Professor Tiger wrote:Other people addicted to government "stuff," that the R's proudly disdain, include social security recipients, wounded war veterans, etc. The R's need to shorten their list of people they hate, and lengthen their list of people they love beyond rich people.
R's do not love rich people. R's love self-reliant people. If you make $32,000/year as a music teacher, and you support 4 children and a stay-at-home-spouse that you've been married to for 14 years who cooks tuna-casarole or hamburger-helper each night in your 50 year old, 1100 square foot, 3-bedroom, 1 bath home, the R's love you. That is real America, self reliance.

R's do NOT like criminals. They do NOT like people who game the system to get every edge, every dollar they can. The R's are not going to pander to these people for if they do, they cease being R's.

We're the good guys. Good guys have integrity. Having integrity means you sometimes pay a price. The price we paid last night was the President's re-election. :(

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 am

Boy I sure see a lot of blacks and hispanics in this picture...

I have identified the problem for the Republican party and what must be done for my party to be viable politically: (viable = win).

Repeal the 26th Amendment

End Women's Suffrage

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 am

IB, if you just give it up, as I have in both football and politics,and realize that it's over,and that Things are only going to get worse, a huge weight will be lifted off you. I'm no longer tied down on Saturdays and screw the news. I watched exactly 0 election coverage. The dregs have won.
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 am

10ac wrote:IB, if you just give it up, as I have in both football and politics,and realize that it's over,and that Things are only going to get worse, a huge weight will be lifted off you. I'm no longer tied down on Saturdays and screw the news. I watched exactly 0 election coverage. The dregs have won.
I'm writing a book. I don't care if I ever make a penny off of it. In fact, I wouldn't mind if it cost me a little money. I would just like some people to read it. And then tell ten friends. And they read it. And each tells ten other friends. And so on. Then, maybe I can make a difference.

In this book, I will do a good job developing two characters: one who lives a privileged early life and has things pretty easy but (in the end) struggles and loses the last 30 or 40 years of his life simply because he has no ability to cope with even the smallest difficulty. The other character, one who struggles early on and is tested by God the way he tested Job, and through all of that he takes personal responsibility and succeeds inspite of all of the obsticles.

I am nothing special. I am just ordinary. I lived the life of Job. I had a wrath of shit hit me early and I didn't give up, didn't realize it was over. And if I can persevere, then anyone can.

It's never over 10ac. Not even when I die will it be over, I have immortality through my children and (hopefully) grandchildren.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 am

hedge wrote:BTW, I love barbarism, anarchy and atheism and I would love to see you die a slow, painful death. I mean really see it as in watch it while it was happening, while I was shooting up smack and pissing in your mouth...
I pray for you.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:18 am

The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:LOL.

I'm out.
You know VOL, I don't care that Eva Longoria supported the President. Nobody gave her a hard time for that. But Melissa Joan Hart and Stacey Dash were eviserated on Twitter for supporting Romney. Why? Is that what liberals are supposed to do with people? Does that make you proud?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 am

Rush Limbaugh wrote:I went to bed last thinking we lost the country.... Conservatism in my humble opinion did not lose last night. It's just very difficult to beat Santa Claus. It is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 am

Prof, a really good election post mortum wrt Rs.

The He-man Women Haters stuff is boring, even if it's just play. Somebody has mommy issues if I had to guess.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 am

Big Orange Junky wrote:
Owlman wrote:1989 New York State, started June 1989, just after my chief resident year
I knew they had their own rules and started work hour restrictions before it was an ACGME requirement thanks to the Zion (sp) case. I had no idea they went to the 16 hour day so long ago. Was that a state requirement then or was that just a program requirement? If I understand your post correctly it appears it was a state requirement.

Do you know if they kept that or did they fall into line and drop the 16 hour shift when the ACGME introduced the official 80 hour week restrictions? I ask because all of the surgery program directors had a cow when the 16 hour rule was introduced and passed and I would have thought they would have expected it if New York state still had that requirement.
Don't know. Left New York behind in 1989 never to think about again.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

IB
"In this book, I will do a good job developing two characters: one who lives a privileged early life and has things pretty easy but (in the end) struggles and loses the last 30 or 40 years of his life simply because he has no ability to cope with even the smallest difficulty. The other character, one who struggles early on and is tested by God the way he tested Job, and through all of that he takes personal responsibility and succeeds inspite of all of the obsticles"
Let's see. The former would be closer to Romney (except he really hasn't had a bad life at all), the latter is much closer to Obama.
My Dad is my hero still.