Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 pm

aTm wrote:Image
Today's Debt $16,000,000,000,000

Forecast of debt Nov 2016 $22,000,000,000,000
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:37 pm

The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:LOL.

I'm out.
Here's your big-tent argument thrown in the trash....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/33 ... vis-hanson

Like I said earlier...

Repeal the 26th Amendment

End Women's Suffrage
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
aTm wrote:Image
Today's Debt $16,000,000,000,000

Forecast of debt Nov 2016 $22,000,000,000,000
Can I borrow that crystal ball?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/33 ... rinko#more
Dick Morris wrote:That he could get re-elected despite his dismal record is a tribute to his brilliant campaign staff and the shifting demographics of America. This is not your father’s United States and the Republican tilt toward white middle aged and older voters is ghettoizing the party so that even bad economic times are not enough to sway the election. By the time you finish with the various demographic groups the Democrats win, you almost have a majority in their corner. Count them: Blacks cast 13% of the vote and Obama won them 12-1. Latinos cast 10% and Obama carried them by 7-3. Under 30 voters cast 19% of the vote and Obama swept them by 12-7. Single white women cast 18% of the total vote and Obama won them by 12-6. There is some overlap among these groups, of course, but without allowing for any, Obama won 43-17 before the first married white woman or man over 30 cast their vote. (Lets guess that if we eliminate duplication, the Obama margin would be 35-13) Having conceded these votes, Romney would have had to win over two-thirds of the rest of the vote to win. He almost did. But not quite. If Romney couldn’t manage this trick against Obama in the current economy, no Republican could.
We're fucked. The 47% that do not pay income tax have taken this country and will vote in whatever largess pleases them at the expense of those who undestand cause-and-effect. Time to start Atlas Shrugging.

As I said earlier....

Repeal the 26th Amendment

End Women's Suffrage

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by puterbac » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

bluetick wrote:I went to the google and found a source of a reproduction of obama's "you didn't build that" and it appears to my naked eyes and ear that he is referring to the infrastructure (roadways etc) that lead to the business.

You know, there are hundreds of interesting videos on this You Tube thingy site.
Pretty sure the biz owner has paid a large amount in taxes, so yes he did build that.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm

"Tolerating a man marryign a man is barbarism."

I thank you for your intolerance. Thanks to you and your ilk, I probably won't have to tolerate a republican president or majority in the senate for a long time. And I know that infuriates you. Which pleases me. An angry, irritated IB is much more fun than a smug, arrogant IB. I mean, you're always going to be smug and arrogant, but as long as you're also angry and irritated, I can deal with it. So again I say: Thanks for being you, you fucking retarded fatass loser...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 pm

BTW, I love barbarism, anarchy and atheism and I would love to see you die a slow, painful death. I mean really see it as in watch it while it was happening, while I was shooting up smack and pissing in your mouth...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:07 pm

I was hoping you'd use "retard" somewhere in that post.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 pm

It wouldn't be nearly as frustrating for me if Opramacare hadn't have been passed.

This was THE LAST CHANCE to stop it. Now it will go in effect in 2014 and will become entrenched as simply another entitlement.

And it will become impossible to get rid of it.

We are all less free than we were a few months ago.

1) SCOTUS has said Congress has unlimited taxing authority. They can tax anybody for anything at anytime. Activity, inactivity, owning the wrong kind of car, not working out, anything they want as long as it passes. That is freedom lost and against the idea of limited govt.

2) Govt will now be taking over healthcare and mandating what everybody must cover and how much they can charge for it (if anything). All this under the guise of cutting costs, yet every action taken has increased costs: 100% coverage of many screenings and procedures with NO co-pay allowed (aka "free"), contraceptives "free", abortion "free", no lifetime limits, must cover everyone even is someone is a guaranteed 10 million dollar loss due to whatever disease they may have. Every one of these increases the cost of coverage.

2.a.)Our premiums are of course up again and our co-pays have gone up significantly as well as max out of pockets. Why? Because of all the "free" stuff companies must cover now. The system itself is setup so that companies will stop having insurance as a benefit. My insurance costs the company about 10k and I pay the other 4k. Why would they pay 10k when the penalty for not having it is 2k? Smaller companies and more labor intensive companies will be the first to drop coverage. Larger companies with more degreed employees will last longer, but eventually they will all drop it as well. This will throw tens of millions more onto the exchanges than the D's let the CBO estimate thereby increasing the costs by orders of magnitude.

2.b.) To compensate govt will do the only thing govt knows how to do when it comes to cutting costs: refuse to pay over a certain amount and tighten up who is eligible for certain treatments and surgeries..aka rationing. Longer wait times, more middlemen to get the scan or test you need. Only in this instance you will have nobody to appeal to like you do now. A company worried about being sued and/or bad publicity vs. a faceless bureaucrat who can never be fired and has no incentive for customer service (aka DMV)? Good luck with appealing Mom's knee replacement if she is "too old" and those last 5 years of a better life don't out weigh the cost per govt. Of course you could pay it out of pocket which is what the dreaded rich will be able to do, but the middle class and poor will be stuck with the watered down rationed govt care. Of course until the govt decides that it is illegal to go outside of the system and get treatment and anybody who does or gives said treatment must pay a 10,000 penalty/tax whatever you want to call it for the audacity of going outside of IPAB.

2.c.) This is the first incremental step to single payer. This heats the water up just a bit so most of the frogs don't jump out. All this for a 15% problem (85% already have some form of health insurance).

3) Four straight 1 trillion dollar PLUS deficits and you guys whining about W don't even blink an eye and no end in sight. The Chinese OWN us and our children and their children to be.

Its a sad day to watch our republic move further down the decline of the other great societies in history. Pols will promise the sun and the moon and the majority with its hand out will gladly take and give their votes in return. Until of course those who are producing (an ever decreasing minority) see no incentive to do so anymore.

Fundamentally what kind of country do you want to live in: One where people look to themselves and their family for solutions, or one where people always look to govt to do things for them? Yesterday was a choice for the latter. The 47 percent have spoken. Where do I sign up?

And it was all made possible by the lies of the admin (tax vs penalty) and congress along with corrupt prosecutors in AK and a nice few re-counts in MN. Oh and a tortured decision by a judge who was not up to the moment. A knifes edge and it fell to the left.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Even though that took puter all day to write, I still didn't read it. 4 years of his crying is enough.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Getting caught up on all the posts, I was just about to say that watching IB's emotional breakdown on here has been the most entertaining thing I've read in a long time. I thought that things couldn't get better.

Then I read puter's post. I was wrong. It got better.
My Dad is my hero still.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:05 pm

puterbac wrote:
bluetick wrote:I went to the google and found a source of a reproduction of obama's "you didn't build that" and it appears to my naked eyes and ear that he is referring to the infrastructure (roadways etc) that lead to the business.

You know, there are hundreds of interesting videos on this You Tube thingy site.
Pretty sure the biz owner has paid a large amount in taxes, so yes he did build that.
Yes he did build that??

No, I'm pretty sure all 100 million+ other taxpayers responsible for that section of interstate eliminates (or severely dilutes) the effectiveness of using the second person singular "you."

"We" - first person plural - would be accurate. We built that. We The People...government in action...obama's point (he shoulda drawn some pictures for the hooples).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Owlman wrote:Getting caught up on all the posts, I was just about to say that watching IB's emotional breakdown on here has been the most entertaining thing I've read in a long time. I thought that things couldn't get better.

The Schadenfreude you are feeling now will quickly pass into terrible regret (on your part) for harming civilization. You can't see that now, but you will eventually. It is just like Jane Roe finding Christ in later years and realizing that she is personally responsible for the deaths of over 50,000,000 Americans. It hit her like a ton of brocks and it will hit OwlMan.

The people who will not see any harm in what they've done, are the childless adults. Many of these people do not have souls. They have no posterity to leave all these debts, these social contracts, these obligations. When they are dead and gone, (to them) it is the end of the entire fucking universe. Of course vote for Obama (and irresponsibility) because, what difference does it make what the future holds our children? I no longer have desire to try and reach out to these people in meaningful dialogue, that is an effort in futility.

This election proved that we (as a society) are not responsible enough to have self-rule.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:15 pm

puter gripes louder than anybody here even though his company pays 10k towards his health plan. He should get out and about sometime and see what the little people have to pay for their own healthcare.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm

What a weak and simple person you are IB. You don't get your way, you run home crying. You act as though your life is over. Maybe, for you it is.

Don't do it IB. It's not worth it. But if decide to do it, make sure to aim up through the mouth and not across at the temples.
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Owlman wrote:Getting caught up on all the posts, I was just about to say that watching IB's emotional breakdown on here has been the most entertaining thing I've read in a long time. I thought that things couldn't get better.

IB makes it fun to pick on retards again

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:20 pm

innocentbystander wrote:

The Schadenfreude you are feeling now will quickly pass into terrible regret (on your part) for harming civilization. You can't see that now, but you will eventually. It is just like Jane Roe finding Christ in later years and realizing that she is personally responsible for the deaths of over 50,000,000 Americans. It hit her like a ton of brocks and it will hit OwlMan.

The people who will not see any harm in what they've done, are the childless adults. Many of these people do not have souls. They have no posterity to leave all these debts, these social contracts, these obligations. When they are dead and gone, (to them) it is the end of the entire fucking universe. Of course vote for Obama (and irresponsibility) because, what difference does it make what the future holds our children? I no longer have desire to try and reach out to these people in meaningful dialogue, that is an effort in futility.

This election proved that we (as a society) are not responsible enough to have self-rule.
Nobody has a soul, you fucking idiot. It's just another absurd invention from your ridiculous religion.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

I miss the giddy updates on Willard Mitt Romney ("hes so Reagan-esque"..."he really kicked the president in the nuts last night"..."he's just got the right hue, you know?").

Now you never even mention his name anymore.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 pm

IB has got to be a fake who is mocking you something people. No one is that stupid.