Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 am

Guys as old as wizzie and I didn't have access to any african-american studies...just our tough luck I guess...back in old days you had math, English, chemistry, accounting and PE. C'est la vie.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 am

hedge wrote:"This is what happens when government pays for something."

You're right, the government paid for your education and look what happened...
I received no financial aid.

I received no scholarships.

I took out no loans.

And my parents didn't pay a penny of tuition.

I went to school in the evenings and earned my degree working full-time (3rd shift) in a warehouse loading trucks for 5 years. I paid my way through. Go fuck yourself Hedge.

Repeal the 26th Amendment

End Women's Suffrage
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 am

innocentbystander wrote:

End Women's Suffrage
HILLARY 2016!
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:

End Women's Suffrage
HILLARY 2016!
heh heh
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

The Notorious V.O.L.
Recruit

Post by The Notorious V.O.L. » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I rarely post here, but I want to give my take on this election melodrama and the subsequent gnashing of the teeth of conservatives.

It's really easy to see what happened here: Pro-Lifers get on their soapbox = Pro Choicers go vote Dem.

Conservatives are outright hostile to black and Latinos = People of color go vote Dem.

Conservatives get on their soapbox about gay marriage = the fags go vote Dem.

Conservatives tout their Christian Values = people who are indifferent to religion go vote Dem.

This is the election in a nutshell. IT DOESN'T MATTER that the economy is shitty. People are not going to join forces with a party who is OUTRIGHT HOSTILE towards them. This is basic human nature.

The sad thing is that I know a lot of conservative people; they are the NICEST, most caring, upstanding people on a personal level. But since they are so rabid in their beliefs, it drives other Americans away. And as long as this climate exists, this division is going to continue, no matter who they run as candidates.

Just think about what they are saying when they say, "Let's Take America Back"....

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm

The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:I rarely post here, but I want to give my take on this election melodrama and the subsequent gnashing of the teeth of conservatives.

It's really easy to see what happened here: Pro-Lifers get on their soapbox = Pro Choicers go vote Dem.

Conservatives are outright hostile to black and Latinos = People of color go vote Dem.

Conservatives tout their Christian Values = people who are indifferent to religion go vote Dem.

This is the election in a nutshell. IT DOESN'T MATTER that the economy is shitty. People are not going to join forces with a party who is OUTRIGHT HOSTILE towards them. This is basic human nature.

The sad thing is that I know a lot of conservative people; they are the NICEST, most caring, upstanding people on a personal level. But since they are so rabid in their beliefs, it drives other Americans away. And as long as this climate exists, this division is going to continue, no matter who they run as candidates.

Just think about what they are saying when they say, "Let's Take America Back"....
QFT
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Ok, then tell me how many tanks of gas does hope buy? At $3.50/gal, not much. How do you change the rich by demonizing them? How many jobs get created by community organizers? How many Solyndras will the increased taxes buy?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Conservatives get on their soapbox about gay marriage

Conservative blacks and whites get on their soapbox about gay marriage.

fyp

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm

You didn't build that... really makes (small) business know what they're up against.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 pm

"I received no financial aid.

I received no scholarships.

I took out no loans.

And my parents didn't pay a penny of tuition."

So you were home schooled? If you got any public education at any level, kindergarten thru 12th grade, you got government assistance. Even if you went to a public university, your tuition was greatly reduced by public funds. So you can go fuck yourself, IB. Oh yeah, how's Obama's ass taste?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Did obama really say small businessowner's didn't build their businesses?

Damn. I want a do-over.

The Notorious V.O.L.
Recruit

Post by The Notorious V.O.L. » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:27 pm

OK I've been out of the loop for awhile.

What does "QFT" and "fyp" mean?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Quite Fucking True.

Except JD is a preacher, so maybe it's Quoted For Truth or something tamer like that.

fyp= fixed your post

where you been, Notorious?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 pm

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm

I went to the google and found a source of a reproduction of obama's "you didn't build that" and it appears to my naked eyes and ear that he is referring to the infrastructure (roadways etc) that lead to the business.

You know, there are hundreds of interesting videos on this You Tube thingy site.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm

The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:I rarely post here, but I want to give my take on this election melodrama and the subsequent gnashing of the teeth of conservatives.

I mean, Conservatives are going to be conservative. That's it.

Whoever you are, you aren't going to tell a conservative that KNOWS that marriage was created as the bedrock of society (as teh cheapest way to raise children) that two men should be allowed to marry. We know differently. To me, allowing two men to marry makes about as much sense as allowing a man to marry his sister. It makes as much sense as a man marrying his son. Unacceptable. (In society, conservatives may tolerate two men living together but we don't accept it.) Tolerating a man marryign a man is barbarism.

Conservatives aren't hostile to blacks or hispanics. We are hostile to law breakers. Conservatives like when the law is upheld. If its a bad law, change the law. If you can't do that, understand that maybe it is not such a bad law. If blacks or hispanics vote Dem because conservatives are hostile to law breakers, what black and hispanics are saying is that certain laws are simply not worth following. Taht is anarchy and barbarism.

All conservatives aren't Christian. Those that are insist on trying to convert those who aren't to Christianity. CHRIST commands that of us because CHRIST has told us that only through HIM are we saved. And I don't want anyone burning in the Lake of Fire. I'm not changing on this. But conservatives do not INSIST that everyone be Christian, I don't know where you got that.

Being Pro-Life is paramount to conservatism. That tiny infant in that womb is an infant and should not be murdered. Conservatives have zero tolerance for this most heinous, uncivilized, barabarism.

You are right, it doesn't matter that the economy is shitty. What matters is liberals do not care abotu living in an uncivlized society. Liberalism is barbarism.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

The Notorious V.O.L.
Recruit

Post by The Notorious V.O.L. » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 pm

IB, the point of my entire post flew right over your head.

It's Ok to respectfully disagree on a topic, but it's the vitriol and disdain for the opposing opinion - that you have just displayed - is what drives people away. Away from what REAL conservatism is - smaller goverment. But that message can't get out, because The Tea Party, Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz, Coulter, Savage, and the innocentbystanders of the world are too busy making people different from them feel "barbaric".

Maybe one day you'll get it.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 pm

The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:IB, the point of my entire post flew right over your head.

It's Ok to respectfully disagree on a topic, but it's the vitriol and disdain for the opposing opinion - that you have just displayed - is what drives people away. Away from what REAL conservatism is - smaller goverment.
That is only part of it, the Libertarian part of it.
The Notorious V.O.L. wrote:But that message can't get out, because The Tea Party, Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz, Coulter, Savage, and the innocentbystanders of the world are too busy making people different from them feel "barbaric".

Maybe one day you'll get it.
I do get "it." Your way for conservatives to "get it" to be more "liberal" and barbaric.

The answer is no.

The Notorious V.O.L.
Recruit

Post by The Notorious V.O.L. » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:00 pm

LOL.

I'm out.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:06 pm

IT DOESN'T MATTER that the economy is shitty. People are not going to join forces with a party who is OUTRIGHT HOSTILE towards them.

I take it you've never read/watched MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, Al Gore, Bill Maher.......the warm and fuzzy dems.