Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina State Wolfpack

Post by AugustWest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

We, the conference, don't have to win an MNC to get respect, we just need to beat the OOC teams we should beat like Middle Tenn, Army, and Akron, and avoid getting blown out in BCS bowls.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Im sure they would like to. Probably worth it long term.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:15 pm

BC did contribute with that big OOC win over........Maine.
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm

State certainly could have helped by beating a mediocre UT. To IB's point the only way FSU plays for the Natty is if there is not two undefeated teams from the SEC, Big-12 or Pac-12 and it's quite possible that a one loss SEC team gets in before an undefeated FSU.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm

The UT loss boggles my mind. UT hasn't looked that good since that game, and State hasn't looked as bad, except for the Miami game.

I went back and watched some of the State game on my dvr. FSU was just sitting back in two deep man for most of the fourth, and State killed them up the middle.

After watching the Carolina game in person and again today, the State game in passing last night and key parts again today, I am convinced TOBy will have a great gameplan that slices and dices our secondary.

On top of that, State really slowed down FSU. I was amazed by that. Yes, they were playing not to lose and puckered up tight, but FSU was shut down. I didn't think State had that in them.

If the same personnel are playing on October 27 that are playing now, the State @ Carolina game will either be a close shootout or a twenty point State victory. Carolina WILL NOT blow out State.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm

How did you get a ticket to the Carolina-Georgia game? And how much did she weigh?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 pm

The UT loss boggles my mind. UT hasn't looked that good since that game, and State hasn't looked as bad, except for the Miami game.

I think David Amerson got it in his head that he should be trying to intercept every pass thrown which led him to blow some coverage's badly. It looked to me like after one play last night where he flat out lost his receiver he got his head back on straight and just started playing defense. Once he did FSU started having a hard time. If he keeps up just playing solid defense we'll be a tough out from here on out.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:23 pm

AugustWest wrote:We, the conference, don't have to win an MNC to get respect, we just need to beat the OOC teams we should beat like Middle Tenn, Army, and Akron, and avoid getting blown out in BCS bowls.
Yeah that is all crap but that is alright. No one EVER talked about taking away the automatic BCS bid from the Big East when Miami was in it and constantly playing for the MNC.

The relative strength of these BCS conferences is not measured in beating the teams OOC and NOT getting blown out in the BCS bowls. It is measured by two things:

How many times did a team in your conference PLAY in the BCS MNC and most importantly... how many times did a team in your conference WIN an MNC? Thats it. Those are the only two things that matter. And right now it is the SEC and well... everyone else not named Pac-12 pretty much sucks.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm

AugustWest wrote:To IB's point the only way FSU plays for the Natty is if there is not two undefeated teams from the SEC, Big-12 or Pac-12 and it's quite possible that a one loss SEC team gets in before an undefeated FSU.
FSU can not play for the Natty now. Neither can Clemson. Its over. Done. Kaput. For a year. Thanks NCState and TOBy.

Assume there are NO undefeated teams in college football. FSU and Clemson would go LAST behind ALL the other 1-lossBCS teams because there is no respect among the media writers and pollsters when it comes to the ACC.

That said there is ZERO CHANCE we would EVER see a one loss ANYONE play over ANY undefeated BCS team for the Natty. Zero chance. That would defeat the whole purpose behind saying that every game in college football matters. Either they all matter at the BCS level or they don't. No pollster would ever be able to explain the significance of the regular season if they did such a foolish thing.

Wont matter. Oregon and Alabama aren't losing this year. They are too strong.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:35 am

"until someone (anyone) in our conference wins an MNC we will NOT get any respect NOR will we get any money from ESPN in a contract, you know that right?"

So you are advocating not trying to win games so the conference can get a shot at the MNC game? Good god you are a fool. OTOH, I guess we should be thanking BC for never being that one blemish on an otherwise perfect season for any team they play. We to not fuck up the other team's season, BC. That's why they play the game...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm

way to go augie - the packers didn't give up and gave 100%...wuff, wuff

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks BBB, good luck the rest of the way.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm

hedge wrote:"until someone (anyone) in our conference wins an MNC we will NOT get any respect NOR will we get any money from ESPN in a contract, you know that right?"

So you are advocating not trying to win games so the conference can get a shot at the MNC game? Good god you are a fool. OTOH, I guess we should be thanking BC for never being that one blemish on an otherwise perfect season for any team they play. We to not fuck up the other team's season, BC. That's why they play the game...
No asshole, of course you try to win the game. But the outcome of an ACC team beating another ACC team (an undefeated one) is (in the eyes of those who determine collective conference strength or weakness) that our conference will continue to be dissed. And now, this disrespect is hurting us in the wallet (come tv contract negotiation time.)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am

So you are advocating letting previously undefeated team just keep on winning, so it will make the conference look good. Again I say: You are a goddamn fool...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

letting Boise State go unbeaten every year sure helped build respect for the WAC....

rolls eyes

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Heh
Let 'er Blow!

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

This may have done it for TOB. Enjoy your retirement Tom.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 pm

What was that you were mentioning about 'scoreboard', Augie?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm

It was good while it lasted. Congrats on the ass-kicking.