Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 am

"(Btw, she quit her mod position in protest to UK hiring Calipari and refuses to cheer for our program now)"

What in god's name is that about? Cal has been the best thing to happen to UK since... well, maybe ever...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 am

MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS TOPIC
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 am

I'm glad we've had whatever it is we've had since CNN shut down. Why even post if you can't backsass? Good god, why live at all???

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 am

crotch wrote:I remember YouKay... if not mistaken, she was in the UK band.
I ran her off.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 am

crotch wrote:I remember YouKay... if not mistaken, she was in the UK band.
yea, she was.

I never had much use for her
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

hedge wrote:"(Btw, she quit her mod position in protest to UK hiring Calipari and refuses to cheer for our program now)"

What in god's name is that about? Cal has been the best thing to happen to UK since... well, maybe ever...

She couldn't tolerate UK's stellar reputation being sullied by us hiring a cheater I guess.

fucking crazy ass women
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 pm

hedge wrote:"if State athletes are taking gimmie courses without the proper prerequisites, then that is a major problem that needs to be fixed. "

So if State is doing it, it's just something that needs to be fixed. If Carolina is doing it, it's time to shut the entire athletic department down (and, if you had your way, the entire university). Ah well, State fans can always dream...

If shutting down the Ad is the best way to fix it at State then yes. Hell, we came awfully close to shutting down the AD over shoes and tickets in the 90's so it's not out of the realm of possibility

"I would prefer that classes meet and actually discuss their topic, assignments are given and turned in and the students actually learn something. You know, like a real class. Obviously that's not an option at UNC."

Wow, that's breaking news. UNC has no faculty, no staff, no way for any student to take an actual class with a teacher in a classroom. It's not an option! State fans say so! LMAO...

Then fucking use them. By UNC's own admission you had 54 classes in one department over a three year period where you didn't. Maybe if you didn't have by far the highest number of "committee cases in the ACC you wouldn't need to cheat quite so much
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 pm

eCat wrote:
hedge wrote:"(Btw, she quit her mod position in protest to UK hiring Calipari and refuses to cheer for our program now)"

She couldn't tolerate UK's stellar reputation being sullied by us hiring a cheater I guess.

fucking crazy ass women
If Georgetown hired Calipari, I wouldn't support the basketball team anymore.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm sure you would be greatly missed...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:24 pm

if Abraham Lincoln was a Louisville fan

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Nick KIng.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 pm

quote:
The Grid is a subjective rating of every major-college team on two levels: how good the team should be this season, and how much shame it has brought its supporters. The shame scale takes into account a variety of factors, from NCAA rules-related scandals and player misbehavior to academic performance and financial state.

Y Axis is Fan Embarrassment
X Axis is On Field Potential
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 pm

It's stupid. Why would you post that?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:15 pm

I guess I better delete about 95% of everything we've posted in here if stupidity isn't allowed...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm

and now for something completely different

--------------------
Texas Tech players expressed concern about the way they are being treated by second-year coach Billy Gillispie during a meeting with athletic director Kirby Hocutt this week, multiple players told ESPN.com.

The players were initially called to meet individually with members of the compliance department about the number of hours they were being asked to practice.

After the meeting with the compliance officials, the players met with Hocutt as a group.

Associate athletics director Blayne Beal, who is in charge of communications, confirmed that the meeting took place with Hocutt and the returning players.

Beal also said the school was informed early Friday morning that Gillispie was hospitalized in Lubbock. Beal said he didn't know why he was hospitalized and had no further details on his condition.

Compliance officer Jennifer Brashear declined to comment.

Gillispie didn't return a call or a text message seeking a response.

Beal and Hocutt met Friday to discuss the player matter and issued this statement through Beal:

"We are aware and are looking into concerns within the leadership of our men's basketball program. Student-athlete well-being is our top priority and a matter that we take extremely seriously at Texas Tech. Texas Tech is devoting its full resources to look into this matter.''

Hired in March of 2011 to replace Pat Knight, Gillispie went just 8-23 overall and 1-17 in the Big 12 in his first season in Lubbock.

He was previously the head coach at Kentucky, Texas A&M and Texas-El Paso and a former assistant under Bill Self at Tulsa and Illinois.

"Compliance wanted to know what's going on,'' said one returning player who requested that his name not be used. "(The meeting) was about a lot of stuff that goes on in practice, everything within the program, the way we're being coached, the relationship we've got with our coach, practice hours and stuff like that.''

The player said that Gillispie is a "good coach, teacher and mentor, but he's not the most personable person, not the coach you can go and talk to. He breaks you down. But he doesn't build you back up. It's hard to play for him when that happens every day. You feel like you're getting torn down and you can't get back up.''

The player said there were a lot of "mental games'' being played.

"The meeting was in his office,'' a second player said. "He had no idea what was going on. When some of the players told him, he said he was going to try and make it best for us and enjoy the career that we have at Tech. The feeling is that some guys will leave if (Gillispie) stays, maybe some of the new guys or some of the old guys. We all have to talk to our families first.''

The first player said none of the Red Raiders talked about transferring during the meeting with Hocutt or made demands about Gillispie's job status.

The second player said that the players "really like the assistant coaches.''

Gillispie's top assistants are Chris Walker, Jeremy Cox and Bubba Jennings.

Texas Tech has experienced a high amount of attrition since the end of Gillispie's first season, as six players from the 2011-12 roster have transferred: Cameron Forte, DeShon Minnis, Jaron Nash, Terran Petteway, Kevin Wagner and Javarez Willis.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Burn out.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

AugustWest wrote:

umm no. We're enjoying laughing at you between talking to UT fans and discussing Amerson's heisman chances.
LMAO...

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 pm

why are you laughing you cheating sack of shit? 5 in a row mother fucker. go suck your momma's dick.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.