Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

sotola
Sophomore

Re: Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Post by sotola » Fri May 04, 2012 9:46 pm

from what I have seen, heard, and read about the kid.... the Raps will trade Bargnani, as long as Casey is coach, before they will move V. V will be Casey's boy. He is the exact type of player that Casey wants. That's why I can guarantee that Casey is hoping that Kidd-Gilchrist falls in his lap as well. If Bargs falls out of favour with Casey, a power struggle between BC and Casey might ensue.

and the comparison to Noah is exactly what I have seen, from the admitted, snippets. He seems like a better shooter but he seems like he has a high motor and knows his role.

next year's team is probably more unpredictable than any future team the Raps have had. They are positioned, with some luck, to make a huge jump up. They are also positioned to make no movement, have wasted their cap space, and be exactly the same team..... ummmm, wait.... that's been the last 11 off seasons... go back to what you were doing.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 pm

so word on the street is were going to offer Jeremy Lin a 4 year backloaded $36 million deal using the Gilbert Arenas rule

if this happens then I just don't think I can support this team any longer... and apparently this is the plan B in case throwing all of our cap room at Steve Nash doesnt pan out?

Really?

Just build the team properly for crying out loud, MLSE proving once again they are more about ticket sales than they are about putting a winner on the floor
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Paying Jeremy Lin that much is asinine. NOBODY in the marketplace is offering that. No way I believe it. If they do it, SteIrn should immediately contract the Raps out the L. If he's gonna void the CP3 deal with the Lakers, then he should void the whole Toronto franchise.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

I have to disagree, I have a feeling someone's going to throw a bag of money at him on an offer sheet and I also believe that when someone does, the Knicks will strongly consider matching. He's going to get paid, I just hope it's not by the Raptors

The marketing data is solid, Lin made the Knicks a boatload of money and his 2 appearances in Toronto brought in the kind of attendance and ratings team executives only dream of, it's just a horriblehorrible basketball move though
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 pm

I just don't see anyone paying Lin that much with the CBA the way it is.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat May 19, 2012 5:23 pm

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm

sotola wrote:I actually like Robinson a lot. Yes, we don't NEED him as he is redundant but I fully believe you take the best talent available regardless of position. You can always trade from a position of strength.

Or as dot mentioned, trade the pick at the draft.

I personally don't want to be picking outside of #5 either.... unless it means we traded down and got something in return. and I have already made my thoughts known on Sullinger/Barnes. You can add the kid from Baylor (Perry Jones III) to that list as well.

The good thing is we have the flexibility to use the pick and our cap space to make a trade that can get us something that would be better than just using the 7th/8th pick alone.

I personally am hoping for a favourable lottery. I put my money on NO to win the lottery to finalize the sale of the Hornets from the league to the owner of the Saints. : )

Knew it

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah, this was probably Stern's worst nightmare...or he is an evil puppet master who just doesn't give a fuck.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Thu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 20531.html

It's not just fans who dont trust Stern...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Of course it was rigged. Duh.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 am

I doubt Stern put his evil witchcraft in play here...but his actions leading up the draft this season make me totally happy with any suspicion and scorn he gets.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 pm

crazy week in Toronto

Union Station Floods

Some crazy cat who wrote love letters to Karla Homolka mailed body parts to Ottawa

A janitor tried to blow up a school

now 1 dead & 7 injured at the Eaton Center

WTF?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 pm

the last one bothers me the most

I know its going to be some silly gangster shyt with Jamaicans all over the front page of the news

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 pm

I even heard about the body parts mailing down here...

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 am

did you also hear that he taped the murder on the internet before decapitating him and sending off the head? they have some pretty gross articles from the people that were asked to go and clean out the apartment.

as for the Eaton center thing.... I don't know if I would restrict it to Jamaican per se but you can guarantee it's young tough wannabe's most likely associated with being in a gang. I don't know how any person who thinks he is tough in Canada needs to carry a gun. 99%+ of all people don't have a gun so why do you feel the need to carry one if you are a tough guy???

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 am

shooter is black, dead victim is black.... confirmed from eye witness reports

gang related shooting.....

not too hard to connect the dots

I'm already prepped & ready for the uber-racist comments at the trail end of every web report following this incident

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 am

i wouldn't worry about that dot.... dumb is dumb, it has no colour. those idiots could be purple and it wouldn't have anything to do with their nationality or heritage. likewise the idiots that blame it on such are just waiting for any opportunity to spout their ignorance. not worth the time or effort to even acknowledge them.

i would still like to understand why guys that feel they are so tough feel the need to carry a gun in Canada. Just once I would love to see those guys actually have to put their fists up and fight like the old days. some of the toughest guys I know are guys that never needed to show it until pushed too far.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 am

Looks like a shake-up before our pick has been confirmed, one of the projected will definitely slide to us if true

people are going bonkers for this Waiters kid, I personally don't see it, from Andy Katz :
Syracuse's Dion Waiters could be in play at No. 4 to Cleveland, according to those close to Waiters. That would shake up lottery a bit.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Long time since I posted here...

Just came to say FUCK COLANGELO!!!!

NO excuse! NO FUCKING EXCUSE!!!

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 am

I blame it on his Assyrian dna....