Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by aTm » Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 am

Neutral site games suck ass. I dont know why everyone has become so obsessed with them.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 am

aTm wrote:Neutral site games suck ass. I dont know why everyone has become so obsessed with them.
$$$$
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 04, 2012 10:22 am

I get it, what I'm talking about is fans. Even after hopefully getting rid of that bullshit boring game at Cowboys stadium with Arkansas, there are morons on A&M boards that still talk about how great it would be to play LSU in Houston. It makes me want to kick them in the nuts repeatedly.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 04, 2012 10:25 am

And as far as basketball goes, those games are absolutely awful. 1/4 to half filled sterile arenas just so some out of state team can recruit in Dallas or Houston, fuck those teams, dont agreee to those shitty games.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am

Cal doesn't have to deal with that because UK fans travel well, so while the season ticket holders might get pissed about losing the IU game and having it replaced with Morehead, he knows that a 50/50 ticket split at Lucas Oil will end up being 60/40 UK when IU is good and 80/20 when IU sucks. And lately there has been alot of 80/20. I'm sure a big part of it is the student fan base isn't as tightly integrated into Rupp as it is at other colleges so a game 3 hours away at a much bigger venue for UK doesn't really seem have that much impact to them.

Apparently UK now has a game scheduled at Lucas Oil and IU refuses to go there because IU fans can't travel 59 miles to a game.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 am

eCat wrote:Cal doesn't have to deal with that because UK fans travel well, so while the season ticket holders might get pissed about losing the IU game and having it replaced with Morehead, he knows that a 50/50 ticket split at Lucas Oil will end up being 60/40 UK when IU is good and 80/20 when IU sucks. And lately there has been alot of 80/20. I'm sure a big part of it that the student fan base isn't a tightly integrated into Rupp as it is at other colleges so a game 3 hours away at a much bigger venue for UK doesn't really seem have that much impact to them.

Apparently UK now has a game scheduled at Lucas Oil and IU refuses to go there because IU fans can't travel 59 miles to a game.

I'd bet dimes to dollars that the majority of IU students are from greater Indianapolis. They can't go home to see a game? Bullshit, that dog don't hunt.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

The headline is calling this an outing, but I'm calling it a sassing....

Best Buy Employee Wrongly 'Outed' Denver Man

A heterosexual man in Denver claims that a Best Buy employee wrongly "outed" him on Facebook after he left his phone for repair.

Rich Dewberry said he brought in his mobile device to get fixed and was given a new phone. Shortly afterward, his Facebook status read, "I am gay, I'm coming out."

"The phone just started ringing constantly after that from [an] ex-spouse to friends," he told ABC's Denver affiliate, KMGH.

Dewberry said he was logged into his Facebook account on the phone he left with the store.

"I feel I have been humiliated. My reputation has been tarnished," he said.

"Just having to explain it to certain people that I haven't been in contact for a while," he said. "I feel I shouldn't have to do that."

Dewberry filed a complaint with the store, which told him the employee was fired, he said. Best Buy provided a statement to KMGH:

"Each year, every employee of Best Buy is asked to review and sign our Code of Ethics, which includes details on how they are expected to handle customer information."

Dewberry told KMGH he is exploring his legal options with an attorney.

The company did not return a request for comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/best-buy-employee ... deals.html
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 04, 2012 11:21 am

I was watching one of those "Scared Straight" shows the other day, the best part was when they bring the parents in after the kids have been yelled at by the prisoners, and one of the black mothers sternly asked her daughter, "Have you been listening? Have you been paying heed??!!"

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Hedge WTF is the matter with you? We haven't done any good poop flinging around here in months until this UK-IU hornet's nest got kicked over, and you gotta bring up a bunch nonsense like that?
Last edited by Fifer on Fri May 04, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

The increase in broadcasting/endorsements will take Cal’s annual salary from $3.4 million to $3.8 million for seven more years. The annual retention bonus will take Cal’s total guaranteed compensation to $5.2 million per season, with potential to earn up to $6.05 million with incentives.

......exactly why Calipari would be foolish to lower his standards and bolt for the NBA. He has the best job in basketball and no doubt doesn't need more money than what he's already getting and will get. Another reason why UK is the 'gold standard' for college roundball, right Hedge??? :mrgreen:

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

looks like the IU-UK series has mostly been campus games. UK looks very Krzewski-like in trying to force it into permanent neutral arena status.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 04, 2012 12:19 pm

"Another reason why UK is the 'gold standard' for college roundball, right Hedge???"

Paying top dollar has always been UK's m.o., and it certainly doesn't stop with the coaching staff...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 04, 2012 12:23 pm

This looks more like Indiana being crying little bitches to me. They rotated between Loserville & Indianapolis between 1991-2005. Shouldn't be a big deal. I think the Hoosiers are skeerd

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 12:30 pm

bad news for the bear camp:

Bear that fell from tree dies after being hit by car

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/be ... 55034.html

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Happy Cinco de Mayo in advance to atm and any other mexican-american goatpenners...

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Happy Derby Day in advance to Jonquil le Dauphin...

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Happy National Free Comic Day in advance to hedge, stu, and any other stoner goatpenners...

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Fri May 04, 2012 1:22 pm

aTm wrote:Neutral site games suck ass. I dont know why everyone has become so obsessed with them.
the UK/iu games that rotated between louisville and indy were the funnest basketball games that i've ever been to....30,000 tickets split dead even between 2 passionate fanbases? you just don't get that outside of tournament formats, and very, very rarely even there

and the rednecks are actually civil when they don't outnumber the other fanbase 20,000 to a handful...unlike the psycho mosh pit iu allows assembly hall to become for home games

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

simple compromise:

rotate campuses (campii?) two yrs, then play neutral one or two years. repeat.

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Fri May 04, 2012 2:33 pm

1) Gator -- as Rat said, the game has been at rotating neutral sites for 14 years, then went rotating campus the last six. Also, the compromise was reached, according to Mitch Barnhardt, that it would be neutral site the next two years with the notion to revisit campus-to-campus rotation starting in 2014. Then IU bailed yesterday, and from Barnhardt's statement, it came as a surprise to UK.

2) Hedge -- IU is who I consider the one true rival for just this type of sniggery shenanigans that the Hoosiers are pulling. They puss out and then stand on some mythical, mysterious moral high ground that only they seem to think exists. They try to look down their noses at the "dirt" at UK while sticking their noses up the ass of a thug like Bobby Knight and ignore their own faults. The capital H in Hoosier stands for Hypocrite. On top of that, I made the grave mistake of attending school two years in that God-forsaken state and they have the most insufferable, ignorant and color-blind fans in the history of sport. They make Dookies look well-versed in basketball and well-balanced in fandom. So, by true rival, I mean the one team I truly loathe. Hate. Wish would be wiped from existence. I have too much respect for UNC's programs and fans to feel that way about them. There is a healthy competition between the two programs and I think the two push each other to better heights. And Louisville, well, little brother is little brother. Can't really hate 'em, just feel sorry for 'em and never want to get beat by them. And the SEC rotates cannon-fodder in and out, but none of them stick long enough to develop a true rivalry.