Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by crashcourse » Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

no way in hell romney gets the nomination. obama has already started his full court press granting interviews and public appearances rommney will never get. an hour with rolling stone/an hour with bryan williams/crack some jokes at the correspondants dinner etc etc.

gas prices are down--40% of america gets to suck on the govt tit --took out benladen--unemployments numbers down that pretty much guarentees an election for any sitting president

but he'll be an impotent secondtermer--supreme court will neuter obamacare. republican house will kill whatever he's for.

and it will be 4 more years of drifting to the day when SS and medicare go bankrupt.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 am

What were gas prices when Obama took office?

Unemployment had nowhere to go but down and quite frankly because a guy lost a job at the factory and then went to work for Wal-Mart isn't really fixing unemployment.

40% of America has always sucked the govt titty.

Bin Laden - whoopee shit.

And NO ONE (Repub or Dem) can fix this without a complete overhaul of the entire system which means telling a lot of people (arabs, big oil, china, compaines seeking cheap labor in other countries while thousands of factory floors sit and rot here in the states, fixing the illegal immigration, etc..) to kindly go fuck themselves. I don't have the answers but those listed would be a good place to start.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 am

Is that the Silver Party platform?
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 pm

crashcourse wrote:no way in hell romney gets the nomination. obama has already started his full court press granting interviews and public appearances rommney will never get. an hour with rolling stone/an hour with bryan williams/crack some jokes at the correspondants dinner etc etc.

gas prices are down--40% of america gets to suck on the govt tit --took out benladen--unemployments numbers down that pretty much guarentees an election for any sitting president

but he'll be an impotent secondtermer--supreme court will neuter obamacare. republican house will kill whatever he's for.

and it will be 4 more years of drifting to the day when SS and medicare go bankrupt.
#1) Romney has already won the nomination. He has been focusing on the general election and President Obama since mid-February.

#2) Gas prices are not down. They are up almost 80% (since the President took office.)

#3) Unemployment was (at its worst) for GWB, about 6.3% and that was only for a few months following 9-11. The rest of his tenure it averaged about 4%, we were rolling. I am not sure President Obama has ever had unemployment must under 7% at anytime during his 3.5 miserable years.

#4) The talk shows and the media circuit that the President has been doing, the people that watch those programs were going to vote to re-elect the President ANYWAY so Mitt didn't lose anything there.

crashcourse, let me be frank. the ONLY thing that matters in this election (as to who will win and who will lose) is how many of the true moderate Reagan-Democrats that voted for Senator Obama in 2008 have buyers remorse. that is it. that is all that matters. if just enough of them do, (and I believe more than enough of them do) in just the right states (Florida, Ohio, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Virgina, Indiana, and now Massachusetts) then Willard Mitt will win. if they don't, then he wont win

what has helped the President tremendously has been the social breakdown in the fabric of our nation's character. people aren't getting married. they just aren't. we can argue as to why that is, but that doesn't matter at this time. that said, nothing guarantees that a woman will vote Democrat more so than her being disgruntled for feeling that she is in the outside of mainstream society, looking in, envious of all those who have what she doesn't. that is our President's voting block that he must hold on to if he even wants a chance to win re-election, unmarried women. without that voting block, he can not win. Romney has all the white and asian men (single and married) by very large margins
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Tue May 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I'd like to see romney get it but again obama is playing to his strength which is the 40% who collect money without doing a thing. He has expanded that number and they will vote for him.

your unemployment are construed. unempolyment was 9.4% shortley after he took office. it's 8.4 today

gas prices were 4.40 a gallon in mid 2008, now they are 3.82 today

He just took off for afghanistant--another opportunity romney won't have

unless we crash and burn this summer or there is a huge scandal obama will be a two termer

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 01, 2012 4:35 pm

crashcourse wrote:I'd like to see romney get it but again obama is playing to his strength which is the 40% who collect money without doing a thing. He has expanded that number and they will vote for him.

your unemployment are construed. unempolyment was 9.4% shortley after he took office. it's 8.4 today

gas prices were 4.40 a gallon in mid 2008, now they are 3.82 today

He just took off for afghanistant--another opportunity romney won't have

unless we crash and burn this summer or there is a huge scandal obama will be a two termer
Gasoline hit $4.40 a gallon for about 3 weeks in 2008. Then it dropped like a fucking rock to $1.60 a gallon before the year was out, the whole time GWB was in office.

Since Obama has been President gas prices have been high and STAYED high.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

people were betting whether or not the unemployment rate would pass 7% by December of 2008. It didn't. The 9.4% unemployment rate did not exist until 2009. You can say that the high unemployment was not President Obama's fault, but if that were the case then it wasn't GWB's fault either.

The 40% who "collect" (the tax eaters) are more like 45% now, and that number continues to climb. But not all of them are voting for Obama. A certain percentage of these people are white and asian men (even if it is only a small percentage) and they will be voting for Romney. That fact really pisses off liberals, so much so that one liberal wrote a book about people voting against their own economic interests, What's the Matter with Kansas?

The economic situation today is far, FAR worse than it was in 1980. In 1980, even with 8% unemployment, a college graduate (theology, English, Business Admin, anything really) could at least expect to get a job. Not today, (certainly not the girly-girl-degrees/liberal-farts graduates.) If you didn't pussy out in college and majored in a real degree, a S-T-E-M degree (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) then you are probably working today. Unfortunately, STEM grads are only a small percentage. So there is a lot of anger among young people and a not insignificant amount of that anger is being directed towards Obama. (By the by, almost ALL of them supported Obama in 2008.)

In 1980, we didn't have 5% of all home mortgages in foreclosure/short-sale like we did today. People accepted their 17.9% interest rates on their mortgages, and were darn glad to have them. The 3-bedroom-1-bath house with 1050 square feet was much-much better than that shit apartment they had in the 1970s.

In 1980, you didn't have to buy gold just to make a decent return on your money. Forget the stock market, you could just stick it in the bank and collect 13% interest!

In 1980, we had a misery index. President Obama wouldn't dare have one of those today because half the fucking country is totally miserable.

In 1980, Detroit was a fucking disaster. But it wasn't so bad that savy investors were paying $5000 cash to buy ten abandoned houses at a time. They didn't talk about raising whole sections of the city to make space for farmland!

It wasn't as bad in 1980 crash, and Carter was pummeled by Reagan. These 4 years have absolutely sucked. They have been (without a doubt) the worst 4 years economically for ANYONE who works for a living that is alive today. This is our Great Depression and Hope and Change/Forward affirmative action President offers no real solutions out of it other than borrowing another $1,000,000,000,000 each year for an ever growing government that his constituents will never pay for, never. Al that matters is how many 2008 Obama voters (who are true moderates) regret their decision. I'm guesing, quite a bit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm

If Obama ever gets concerned about his reelection, he'll attack Iran, father a child with one of the Kardashians, go on DWTS, and cry on Oprah.

That will ensure his reelection.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Romney's best hope is that Europe melts down and takes us down with them. That's very possible. If unemployment goes back up to 10%, that might overcome an attack on Iran, the Kardashian love child, DWTS and Oprah.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 pm

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

In 1980, you didn't have to buy gold just to make a decent return on your money. Forget the stock market, you could just stick it in the bank and collect 13% interest!

In 1980, we had a misery index. President Obama wouldn't dare have one of those today because half the fucking country is totally miserable.

In 1980, Detroit was a fucking disaster. But it wasn't so bad that savy investors were paying $5000 cash to buy ten abandoned houses at a time. They didn't talk about raising whole sections of the city to make space for farmland!
Since 1980, Republicans have controlled the White House for 20 of 32 years and the country as a whole has gotten significantly more conservative.

Since 1980, Republicans have controlled the Senate for 16 of 32 years. They've controlled the House of Representatives for 14 of 32 years.

Since 1980, the private sector unionization rate has gone from 20% to under 7%. Fixed payment pensions are virtually extinct.

Democrats are to blame. For every little bit.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

There is no difference between the parties. We have Dempublicans and Republicrats.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Dumb & Dumber

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Fixed payment pensions are virtually extinct.
Except for the government. Thank God.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 am

Since 1980, the private sector unionization rate has gone from 20% to under 7%. Fixed payment pensions are virtually extinct.

The good news here is the auto industry is viable, pays well w/pensions in the right-to-work south. This also applies to other manufacturing but autos certainly are the main cog....Public/gubment unions have exploded and are unsustainable, but you knew that.

Democrats are to blame. For every little bit.

Certainly repubs hands are not clean everywhere, but you can certainly see who the sickest children are, that is California...Detroit...New Orleans....Michigan...New York...Illinois...D.C....all run (into the ground) by dems.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 am

Question:

What percent of the population, and for what period of time, can citizens/illegals be paid to do nothing?

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Wed May 02, 2012 9:03 am

45 % of the population pays nothing to the government

17% of the workforce is employed by the government
that's a helluva lot of peoplke on the govt tit

greece is 33% of workforce emplyed by the govt

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 am

EDIT....by population, I refer to folks 18-67.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 am

If you're counting folks employed by state and local govt, are you counting state and local taxpayers?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 02, 2012 10:52 am

Don't know if that's for me, but I'm axing about all workers, public and private.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 am

crashcourse wrote:45 % of the population pays nothing to the government
ummm..

FICA
state and local income taxes
property and sales taxes
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"