Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm

aTm wrote:
There is a young divorced woman that I work with and she and I were talking about this election. The whole idea of voting GOP never crossed her mind, not for a second. I asked her why she is votign for Obama, what does Obama have that Romney doesn't? She said that she is voting for the person who would give her the most "stuff." And she assumes that is Obama. So I look at her and I asked her to think about what JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." And she said, who is JFK, sounds like another Republican who wants women to all die giving birth to children. I look at another guy sitting in his cube and he starts to laugh, I just start shaking my head, and she just smiles and does the cute-ditzy-girl-thing "wha... what did I say? Are you guys teasing me?" I hope to God she doesn't vote but I know she does.
I dont believe you.
it is hard to believe. I don't blame you. I couldn't believe it when it was happening either, but there are people that think like this.

kind of sad really...
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 pm

"It what you might say asinine. Sorry your first wife not made whole by you loving her long time.

You kinda funny if you just having us on. Not so much if you really racist misogynist asshole."

tick is finally having that stroke...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

sardis wrote:"It what you might say asinine. Sorry your first wife not made whole by you loving her long time.

You kinda funny if you just having us on. Not so much if you really racist misogynist asshole."

was only a matter of time
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

[youtube]UlWOWd5J_Hk[/youtube]

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
aTm wrote:We'll let the lesbians vote.
It amazing.

If you poll married women, almost (but not quite) 50% of married voting women, will vote GOP. Marriage makes it a wash. All the single ladies? Its like 85% to 90% of unmarried women vote for Democrats. Since they are not made "whole" by having loving husbands, their concerns are what-can-government-do-for-me?

There is a young divorced woman that I work with and she and I were talking about this election. The whole idea of voting GOP never crossed her mind, not for a second. I asked her why she is votign for Obama, what does Obama have that Romney doesn't? She said that she is voting for the person who would give her the most "stuff." And she assumes that is Obama. So I look at her and I asked her to think about what JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." And she said, who is JFK, sounds like another Republican who wants women to all die giving birth to children. I look at another guy sitting in his cube and he starts to laugh, I just start shaking my head, and she just smiles and does the cute-ditzy-girl-thing "wha... what did I say? Are you guys teasing me?" I hope to God she doesn't vote but I know she does.
sardis wrote:"It what you might say asinine. Sorry your first wife not made whole by you loving her long time.

I'll type this slooow for you, Sardis.

Toughguy IB starts a long (and probably bogus) anecdote about a dim-witted single female with the sentence "It amazing."
I merely pointed out that rich irony - possibly a tad overlong in the process, but at least long enough for a legitimate dim bulb such as yourself to hopefully catch on. To no avail, obviously.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm

bluetick wrote:I'll type this slooow for you, Sardis.

Toughguy IB starts a long (and probably bogus) anecdote about a dim-witted single female with the sentence "It amazing."
I merely pointed out that rich irony - possibly a tad overlong in the process, but at least long enough for a legitimate dim bulb such as yourself to hopefully catch on. To no avail, obviously.
What is even more amazing is that bluetick wasn't able to grasp that I submitted that post with a typo leaving out the "s" after the word "it".

Tick, are you going to sit there and say that the woman in question (that aTm doesn't believe exists) isn't dim witted? I know, I know, she is a stable and reliable part of the Democrat voting block, so dissing her may not sit well with you. Because of political alligence you are caught in a terrible conflict of interest. But I have no such trouble dissing her ignorance.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 pm

And speaking of strokes...I think there's been a collective pnn-right-wing seizure now that the field has been cleared in favor of the Mittster.

obamacare vs romneycare....you gotta love it.

I know I do!

Geniune condolences to puter, Hack, 10ac, and especially prof.

Not-so-geniune congrats to the new BMOC around here...the first and only totally unabashed and unapologetic Romney supporter ever encountered in any forum. Go get'em, IB!

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Romney will be horrible; Obama is horrible.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
What is even more amazing is that bluetick wasn't able to grasp that I submitted that post with a typo leaving out the "s" after the word "it".
Just stop. Merely adding an "s" was never a solution..."Its" is not a word. Perhaps you should ask your "ditsy" co-worker about contractions.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

This just got good.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Romney will be horrible; Obama is horrible.
Damn glad to meet you, AlabamAlum. Kindly fill out the registration form..

and have some punch.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

bluetick wrote:And speaking of strokes...I think there's been a collective pnn-right-wing seizure now that the field has been cleared in favor of the Mittster.

obamacare vs romneycare....you gotta love it.

I know I do!

Geniune condolences to puter, Hack, 10ac, and especially prof.

Not-so-geniune congrats to the new BMOC around here...the first and only totally unabashed and unapologetic Romney supporter ever encountered in any forum. Go get'em, IB!
Referring to me in the Doug Simpson metaphore, could only be accurate if everyone here wanted to be like me or be around me. This is clearly not the case.

But I digress.

My original point (the point first mentioned by Toe and exact quotes from facebook) still stands. We may have made a tragic mistake giving women the right to vote, and I even described why. You made no effort to disagree with my position or reasoning. Instead, you went right to the personal attacks, calling me a racist infact.

I didn't know any racist Brady Bunch characters.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 pm

and have some punch.
Its got alcohol in it.

Whoops, I think I just used a word that doesn't exist....
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:35 pm

aTm wrote:

and have some punch.
Its got alcohol in it.

Whoops, I think I just used a word that doesn't exist....
guess that makes you the NEW BMOC!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm

innocentbystander wrote:We may have made a tragic mistake giving women the right to vote, and I even described why. You made no effort to disagree with my position or reasoning.
I'm thinking your mom made a tragic mistake with rat. What...about 22 years ago? 25?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Its is a word.

It was not the correct word he wanted, though.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Failing to rename Knoxville Summittville, now that's a tragedy.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Summittville is the county seat of Fulmer County.
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Are you kidding me? Like Willard Mitt Romney (a man who's religion actually believes in The Attonement of Blood) would not have ordered bin Laden executed.
Willard does have a soft spot in his robotic heart for Bin Ladin. After all, they both have several wives.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 pm

If you poll married women, almost (but not quite) 50% of married voting women, will vote GOP. Marriage makes it a wash. All the single ladies? Its like 85% to 90% of unmarried women vote for Democrats.
That's because moderate and conservative women are sexually attracted to men. Liberal women are not.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden