Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:56 pm

I like this Wizard fellow....hope he sticks around.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Every forum needs a midget.

Bluecat
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

You are correct, the name-calling was uncalled for. Refer to the link above regarding Nebraska being put on probation two months ago regarding why I consider your attacks disingenuous.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by crotch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 pm

BigRedMan wrote:I like this Wizard fellow....hope he sticks around.
Every village has it's idiot. Now that Metzger and Crow have tucked tail and run, Wizzboy seems to want to take his rightful place. Wear the banner proudly moron.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Bklyn wrote: Kansas' Robinson stands by words, despite being forced to eat them
By Dennis Dodd | CBSSports.com

I dont get stories like that, the minute Robinson starts thinking of Davis as "superman" is the minute he should quit playing basketball.
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 pm

So bluecat...you want to compare Kentucky's two probations which were via NCAA investigations and handed down BY the NCAA...one of which was almost the second death penalty ever imposed...to Nebraska's self-reported violations of too many books given to athletes over a 3 year period to the tune of $28,000 TOTAL (which amounted to less than $58 per student/athlete over the period) and to which no absolutely NOTHING was ever taken away from the school in terms of anything (basically a slap on the wrist for what is the equivalent of jaywalking).

That is fucking hilarious.

Yep. Charlie Manson = Jaywalker

Nice try.
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:54 pm

So Wiz I'm just wondering. What proof do you have that Cal has cheated at UK?

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Wizard , why don't you try to find Marty. Maybe the two of you can have a retard fight like the good old days. Fuckin' moron.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Google:

nebraska probation ncaa = 656,000 results
kentucky probation ncaa = 882,000 results

Looks pretty even to me.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:So Wiz I'm just wondering. What proof do you have that Cal has cheated at UK?
Wizard, Anybody can shoot of his mouth. Let's see the proof shithead.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 pm

aTm wrote:
The Kentucky name, the tradition, the banners, the Big Blue? They were all meaningless. Players didn’t care about any of that. College basketball had changed a lot in a decade, but Kentucky was still clinging to the past. Calipari, with a renegade reputation and an NBA-centric approach, had begun to leave those kinds of programs in the dust.
That's bullshit. Anybody that follows a school that doesn't have the name, the banners, and the tradition, and is trying to compete knows that those things DO matter to the players.
They do but not as much as it once did or some folks think they do. Like politicians who are really just part of an inner circle and not the Us vs. Them brigade that most voters think they are, these elite players are all part of a fraternity. they play against each other at camps and have done so for a few years and will do so this summer and beyond in the NBA. they go their separate ways when it comes to college but that name on the jersey ultimately carries slightly more weight than did the name of their AAU teams in years past. And that's true at Kentucky and North Carolina and Kansas and just about any big-time program. Sure there are still players who make college basketball their ultimate experience but for the 5-star kids, it's just part of their overall hoops experience these days.

That won't matter for us fans though.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:09 pm

WTF to do. I always pay attention to Women's NCAA Basketball around this time...trying to prolong my "amateur basketball" fix for another day or two. So, I did watch the Women's FF on Sunday and plan to watch the Finals tonight.

The thing is, do I go with the fineness of Skylar Diggins and ND, or the touching story of the teenage girl taking too much shit from insensitive assholes?

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-baske ... ises-above

I think the little head will beat out the heart and I'll be pulling for ND...but Baylor should dominate and finish 40 - 0.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Precisely.

The Wizard wants to drum up old infractions (of which UK is guilty, I do not dispute nor am I proud of it) in order to further his argument (I imagine it also helps to live in the past if you are a Nebraska fan). However, in the present, the only school guilty of any infractions whatsoever is in fact, Nebraska.

And The Wizard (along with others, notably BRM) have made it clear that they believe the NC will be vacated. Your motions have been noted. And IF that day ever comes, you fine gentlemen are welcome to rub my and any other UK fan's face in it. I will stand in front of the firing squad and submit the desire for a last cigarette as my final request. HOWEVER, are you brilliant soothsayers willing to eat shit every day ad infinitum UNTIL that day comes?

Because unless you have some actual proof and evidence of which to speak, you can kindly STFU. You are mere nothings on the sidelines of The Main Event, minions of envy, gnashing teeth and screaming with sound and fury, but ultimately signifying nothing.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 pm

for admitting an affinity to chickball, you should be forced to have sex with Griner. top or bottom, your call

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 pm

man, I like to see Kentucky lose as much as anyone but screaming about cheating because they just won the national championship is a little silly.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, I guess I'm guilty as charged...to an extent. But, I'd gladly take up the offer if you replaced Griner with Diggins, Candace Parker or Sue Bird.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Speaking of unfounded opinions...

Are we sure Greiner is a chick? I think Juwanna Mann every time I see her...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Bluecat wrote:Precisely.

The Wizard wants to drum up old infractions (of which UK is guilty, I do not dispute nor am I proud of it) in order to further his argument (I imagine it also helps to live in the past if you are a Nebraska fan). However, in the present, the only school guilty of any infractions whatsoever is in fact, Nebraska.

And The Wizard (along with others, notably BRM) have made it clear that they believe the NC will be vacated. Your motions have been noted. And IF that day ever comes, you fine gentlemen are welcome to rub my and any other UK fan's face in it. I will stand in front of the firing squad and submit the desire for a last cigarette as my final request. HOWEVER, are you brilliant soothsayers willing to eat shit every day ad infinitum UNTIL that day comes?

Because unless you have some actual proof and evidence of which to speak, you can kindly STFU. You are mere nothings on the sidelines of The Main Event, minions of envy, gnashing teeth and screaming with sound and fury, but ultimately signifying nothing.
You mean you aren't going to defend Cal to the end and then vanish if it comes true? I like that approach. Stand up for what you believe and take the heat if you are wrong. To bad Talent couldn't face the firing squad and ran after his boy Tressel was found to be a fraud.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Griner is a dude.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Congrats to eCat, Cats Rule, Crotch, Crow, Bluecat, Fifer, and anyone else I'm missing. Hell, congrats to Ryall, Catlover, Big Blue #1, Bubba, China Cat, John Bonham, and Cobra for that matter. Best team all year long and worthy champions. It's been a long time coming since Tubby and Saul led the way in '98, although I have to admit I enjoyed ESPN fucking up the "previous championship coaches at Kentucky" montage on SportsCenter last night by showing a picture of Eddie Sutton when they read out Joe B. Hall's name.

Anyway, congrats again and we'll see you bastards next fall in Brooklyn, hopefully we can improve enough to give next year's Cats a game, I'm assuming this year's starters are moving on because I don't want to consider the alternative.