Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm

THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

Bluecat
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 pm

When's the last time your team won anything Wizard? You're a Nebraska fan, right? Hypocrite...

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Nebraska has won 5 national titles in football and has never hired a coach that has had to vacate wins. Further NU's football program has never been on probation.

Let's see now...Kentucky was hit with a 3 year probation in basketball (almost received death penalty) in the late 80's. Calipari was hired by UK even after his two scandalous tenures at Memphis and UMass. Moreover...UK's FOOTBALL team was hit with a 3 year probation in 2002. Here is something to keep in mind...if you are going to cheat UK Football team...you really should like...uh...win...

Funny shit.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by crotch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Banner to be raised in Rupp rafters today........

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Hilarious.

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Answer the question, Wiz. When is the last time your team won anything?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... caa-020112

Hilarious.

Now, STFU.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Why should I answer that? You sold your soul to the devil for a title...congrats. Hope it was worth it.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Answer this question...Nebraska has never been on probation in football of basketball. How about Kentucky?

Answer the question.

Nebraska has never hired a coach who has been a head coach of teams (plural) who had to vacate wins.

Hilarious.

Now shut the fuck up Lucifer.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Don't you have a couch to burn?

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm

oopsie

Bluecat
Sophomore

Post by Bluecat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:03 pm

You're an idiot, liar and hypocrite. But, I shouldn't expect any less of someone who celebrates being the pimple on the ass of society. What possesses someone to want to be a referee anyway? Penis envy? Beaten as a child? Latent homosexuality? At least cops get to serve and protect in between flexing their pipes and writing tickets. But what possible positive emotion can be gleaned from blowing on a whistle other than the illusion of exerting control on far more talented and more worthwhile human beings...something that clearly eludes you in real life.

But even that's not enough, is it? So you go on internet message boards and act the fool, seeking to tear down others in order to build yourself up. We're all impressed. Cling to the bitterness and enjoy...what exactly? Joining the B1G?

I have a championship to enjoy.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 pm

THE_WIZARD_ wrote:Image
Is that the Chris Mills incident?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Kansas' Robinson stands by words, despite being forced to eat them
By Dennis Dodd | CBSSports.com

NEW ORLEANS -- Mistake No. 1 for Thomas Robinson: garnishing his compliments of Kentucky's Anthony Davis with subtle jabs.

"I mean, Anthony Davis is a great player but he's not Superman," Kansas' All-American post said during Sunday's off day at the Final Four.

"Only thing that stops me from this game is a bullet," Robinson added, "and I doubt that stops me."

Mistake No. 2: underestimating the counterpunch of the national and Final Four most valuable player.

Turns out, Kentucky is No. 1 with a bullet. Davis might not be Superman but he certainly deserves his own spinoff after his performance Monday.

Call it ... Tallville or maybe Superbrow.

The kid will settle for a national championship to haul off to the NBA when he declares for the draft sometime soon. Davis might not have been superhuman but he was super ... elastic. As usual. Six points, 16 rebounds, five assists and three steals to go along with a modest six blocks. Kentucky's 67-59 victory against Kansas featured one of the most brilliant 1-of-10 shooting performances in history.

Another misleading stat from Monday's national championship game: Thomas outscored and outrebounded Davis. In the first meeting of two first-team All-Americans in a title game since 1979, Thomas was better and worse than his opponent.

Better on paper -- Thomas had 18 points and 17 rebounds. Worse where it counted -- getting shown up by Davis. In some sort of reverse polarization universe, Davis' performance had to recall that of UCLA's Bill Walton 39 years ago.

In the 1973 championship game, Walton missed only one of his 22 shots while scoring 44 against Memphis State. On Monday, Davis made only that one. Each player was clearly the best player on the court in the biggest game.

"I still don't think he's Superman. Just a great player, not Superman," Thomas said.

"I didn't mean anything disrespectful by it. As a competitor, I'm not going to sit here and give all my praise to another player I have to go against."

Except that's what most players do. Don't antagonize. Don't poke the tiger in the cage with a stick and all that. Robinson went there, repeatedly, on Sunday.

"I don't agree with the voters at all, not by a long shot," Robinson said when asked about the player of the year voting won by Davis. "Like I said before, my numbers don't lie. Quietly, I could send [Davis] a how-I-feel note."

Davis might want to send a how-does-it-feel note. In what might have been the worst 104 seconds of his career, T-Rob was humbled in this second-half sequence:

Blocked by Davis 3½ minutes in.

A clanked dunk with his team down by 14.

A steal by Davis that that led to a Terrence Jones basket.

Note to (Bill) Self: Forget his Twitter feed, you might want to monitor your best players' comments.

This, of course, has happened before. Davis had a modest 14 points and six rebounds in the teams' first meeting on Nov. 15. In the game, Robinson said he allowed himself to be pushed around, adding he was "selfish."

"I feel the same way," Robinson said Monday, "just as much I did the first time."

If that was humility, it's too late. Robinson wasn't pushed around so much as outplayed. Davis can do more things better. Robinson didn't guard Davis most of the time, but that was the game's featured matchup. The game was going to turn on the performances of each teams' big men.

Kentucky's freshman was there seemingly each time a Jayhawk came close to the basket. In fact, most of the Wildcats were there. Four of them combined to block 11 shots. You could see Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor short-arming shots as early as the first half.

"It's hard to score over length," Self said. "Nobody in America can simulate length like that."

"No team in the country matches with Kentucky," Robinson concluded.

At halftime, John Calipari told a scoreless Davis not to force his game offensively.

"If you don't [score], don't worry about it," Kentucky's coach told Davis. "You're the best player in the building, so don't worry."

The first freshman to win Final Four most outstanding player since Carmelo Anthony in 2003 was never nervous. How many players can shoot that badly and still be so dominant? Davis had that one basket in 36 minutes. It was one of the biggest of the game, according to Kansas' coach. An 18-foot, face-up baseline jumper with five and change left.

Right in T-Rob's mug.

"Seeing [Davis] in person late in the season as opposed to early in the season, you can see how much he improved," Self said. "We actually guarded him pretty good."

Wait until the kid gets in an NBA weight room. This is a suspect who spurted up from 6-foot-2 to a 6-10 high school prospect. His school didn't have a team, so for a time, Davis was a hidden gem on the national scene. Calipari got him as his latest one-and-done centerpiece. This one led to the controversial coach's first championship.

If Davis is no Superman, then who is this long-limbed, ball-swatting Unibrow who briefly flashed across our TV screens on his way to a title?

"Anthony Davis," he said. "That's all I am. I could care less. We won a ring."
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Bluecat wrote:You're an idiot, liar and hypocrite. But, I shouldn't expect any less of someone who celebrates being the pimple on the ass of society. What possesses someone to want to be a referee anyway? Penis envy? Beaten as a child? Latent homosexuality? At least cops get to serve and protect in between flexing their pipes and writing tickets. But what possible positive emotion can be gleaned from blowing on a whistle other than the illusion of exerting control on far more talented and more worthwhile human beings...something that clearly eludes you in real life.

But even that's not enough, is it? So you go on internet message boards and act the fool, seeking to tear down others in order to build yourself up. We're all impressed. Cling to the bitterness and enjoy...what exactly? Joining the B1G?

I have a championship to enjoy.
What did I lie about? Methinks I struck a nerve though. Go ahead and resort to childish name calling though...very impressive. I'm just pointing out how Kentucky has sold it's soul to the devil.

Have a nice day.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 pm

By the way...what did Anthony Davis, Sr. do with the $200,000? Inquiring minds want to know. So does the NCAA.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Pay no attention to wizzy just like everyone else does.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:58 pm

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm

THE_WIZARD_
Senior

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:02 pm