Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Hacksaw's 9:1 Media Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm not arguing the negative effect that the US going single payer will have on the rest of the world. Europe is currently being strangled by their debt, which was caused by overspending on their social entitlement programs, including (especially) health care. That meltdown is happening right before our eyes, but that is not stopping our government from going right down the exact same path.

I'm just saying that single payer is the direction we're headed. Obama has already stated that is his long term goal, and I believe him. That's also the long term goal of his party, one of the two we have. Someday they'll win.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:I'm not arguing the negative effect that the US going single payer will have on the rest of the world. Europe is currently being strangled by their debt, which was caused by overspending on their social entitlement programs, including (especially) health care. That meltdown is happening right before our eyes, but that is not stopping our government from going right down the exact same path.

I'm just saying that single payer is the direction we're headed. Obama has already stated that is his long term goal, and I believe him. That's also the long term goal of his party, one of the two we have. Someday they'll win.
The public drive for "austerity" is at odds with everything the Democrats and their base wants. Fortunately, their base is just 40% of the electorate (those who consume, but don't pay taxes.) The Republicans and (most importantly) the moderates want us to roll back spending, so the desire for single-payer is currently less-and-less not more-and-more.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by puterbac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
I slept in sweats and kept a few flight deck jerseys I wore only for sleep to keep clean.
What color was your jersey? I seem to remember that the flunky ABH's wore blue, the fuel handlers wore brown, the ordinance handlers wore red, and the petty officers wore yellow.

Or something like that.

I was on the flight deck when they were launching aircraft once. I must say, the raw force put out by an aircraft at full afterburner just before it launched off the catapult was pretty impressive.
Fuel handlers wear purple, weapons red, I think yellow or green is safety, brown is plane mover

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm not at all convinced the R's - especially the moderates - really care much about reducing the government's role in health care, much less rolling back spending. Romney is a proud moderate Republican, and he loves government-run health care. Hell, the R's went on a borrowing and spending binge that was the worst in history until the Dem's took over and did even worse than the R's.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:I'm not at all convinced the R's - especially the moderates - really care much about rolling back spending. Hell, they went on a borrowing and spending binge that was the worst in history until the Dem's took over and did even worse than the R's.
That was Dubya and his compassionate conservatism (which was Karl Rove convincing Dubya that if he wanted to win re-election in 2004, he needed to "buy-off" Senior Citizens with a presciption drug benefit.) That compassionate conservatism isn't the new R's (Romney, Ryan, Rubio, & Christie.) These men are austerity driven.

You are high on crack if you think President Mitt Romney will support ANY expansion of health care at the Federal level.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by puterbac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Okay more detail:

Yellow Shirts: Flight Deck Officers and Plane Directors. These are the only people on the flight deck authorized to move aircraft, or to give hand signals regarding taxiing the a/c, or moving it.

Blue Shirts: Flight deck crew, always work under the direction of a Yellow Shirt Director as part of a designated crew. Plane pushers/handlers; chock planes, push planes, scrub the decks, and do all the tough jobs on the flight and hangar decks.

Green Shirts: Catapult and Arresting Gear people. Operate, and maintain the Catapults and Arresting Gear. Squadron Aircraft Maintenance people also were green.

Brown Shirts: Squadron personnel, in particular Plane Captains. (No ship's company wear brown shirts.)

Red Shirts: Aviation ordnance crews. Load and "arm" those weapons on the aircraft. Sometimes referred to as "BB Stackers", or "Ordies".

Purple shirts: Aviation fuels people. Referred to as "Grapes". Gas aircraft. Operate & maintain carrier avgas/jet fuel/ av lube oil systems.

Checker shirts: Squadron maintenance Quality Control people. Responsible for final overall checks of a/c readiness before launch. White shirts: Mail and people handlers for carrier on board delivery (COD).

White shirts with a Red Cross: Medical corpsmen assigned to flight deck during flight quarters. White shirts with a Red Cross are part of the crash crew.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Pink shirts: Gay sailors looking for some action.

Crimson shirts stretched skin-tight around the bulging midriff and with the sleeves removed: Alabama fan sailors.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:26 pm

That compassionate conservatism isn't the new R's (Romney, Ryan, Rubio, & Christie.) These men are austerity driven.
Austerity driven: Ryan? Definitely. Christie? Absolutely. Rubio? Probably. Romney? Who knows.
You are high on crack if you think President Mitt Romney will support ANY expansion of health care at the Federal level.
Sure, he says he won't. But given his track record, why should we believe him? He lies a lot.

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm

crashcourse wrote:Hey Karen what year and where was your hubby at in Nam?
'65-'66 and then '68. Two tours. Yes, I'm younger than he. heh

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
Who knew Karen's husband is on youtube:

lmao! That's him!!

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I forgot to answer the where part. Da Nang for sure. Don't know of others.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:00 pm

You forgot Sang Bang, Dang Gan, he was all over that place, a lot of places, a lot of places...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 pm

It's me Karen wrote:

I bet he was in Poon Tang also..........
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 pm

BigRedMan wrote:
It's me Karen wrote:

I bet he was in Poon Tang also..........
lol No comment. lol

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:You forgot Sang Bang, Dang Gan, he was all over that place, a lot of places, a lot of places...
I laughed my ass off when he said that.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm

It's me Karen wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:You forgot Sang Bang, Dang Gan, he was all over that place, a lot of places, a lot of places...
I laughed my ass off when he said that.

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:48 pm

lmao...just looking at that pic makes me laugh...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 pm

It's me Karen wrote:lmao...just looking at that pic makes me laugh...
Jamie Lee Curtis starred in TWO of the funniest movies of all time (Trading Places and A Fish Called Wanda) with some of the best writing ever done for a comedy..

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!!!!

YOU AND YOUR NOBEL PRIZE, YOU IDIOT!!!!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm

1. I'd hardly call Ryan austerity driven since his plan doesn't balance the budget for almost 30 years.

2. A Fish Called Wanda? Are you serious?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

sardis wrote:1. I'd hardly call Ryan austerity driven since his plan doesn't balance the budget for almost 30 years.

2. A Fish Called Wanda? Are you serious?
it is not very often when a movie is so funny that people kill themselves for laughing so hard

http://www.oddee.com/contrib_14036.aspx