Hacksaw's 9:1 Media Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

smeee
Junior

Re: Hacksaw's 9:1 Media Thread

Post by smeee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 am

Hacksaw wrote:Duh! It's a fireplace!
lol..i tell ya..it looked like a fireplace with a chopped guy and his pennants in front of it...nice pics...there were there when i reclicked the link...

I pick the prettiest part of the sky and I melt into the wing and then into the air, till I'm just soul on a sunbeam. ~Richard Bach

Hacksaw
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 am

You were on the first page (at the top of the thread), which features a piece of photoshop artwork done by 10ac -- a carry-over from the banner of the old page at WC. It should have dawned on me, but it's been a while since I've thought of that, so it didn't click that you just needed to go to the more recent posts. Anyway, I'm glad you finally made it.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm

As I told Hack, Jerusalem should not be missed... is it too late for you to join the Navy?...
I've trained with the Navy, and really enjoyed the experience. Everybody was some kind of technician. I enjoyed the break from vigorous physical training every morning. And I burst into laughter when they told me that officers eat in their own chow hall, and are served at the table by specially trained enlisted men in white coats, with china and silver. And E-7+''s and up have their own chow hall, minus the servants and china. Now THAT was a culture shock.

I'm going to Ireland this summer, but hope to go Israel in 2013. I'll use my Irish passport so the hostage takers will leave me alone.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 pm

You're really going to have to work on your prickishness if you ever hope to pass for Irish.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Prickishness? That's the Scots, our morose cousins to the east. Irish are fanciful, charming, gregarious, loveable drunks.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Go sell crazy someplace else. I work with Scots and Irish and I know what I'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong -- I like 'em both. But even the Irish will admit they're full of themselves.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 am

So you're saying all Irish are democrats???!!! Balderdash!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 am

Hacksaw wrote:Go sell crazy someplace else. I work with Scots and Irish and I know what I'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong -- I like 'em both. But even the Irish will admit they're full of themselves.
You must know Irish in a work environment. If they are disagreeable, it's because they're hungover and resentful of having to work hard. Scots are grumpy because they think they are spending too much for the bus fare getting to work and wanted you to pay for lunch.

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:15 am

I've been around a lot of Irish and Scots. I'll take the Scots. In my experience, they're much more pleasant to be around and they don't go on and on about how great they are and how great their country is every five minutes. Ireland is the greatest country on Earth, you know. Just allow yourself to be in the presence of an Irishman for 30 seconds and he'll mention it 2 or 3 times. I pretty much get along with everyone, but that shit gets old after a while.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 am

Ireland is the greatest country on Earth, you know. Just allow yourself to be in the presence of an Irishman for 30 seconds and he'll mention it 2 or 3 times.
Of course Ireland is the greatest country on earth. So? What's your point?

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by It's me Karen » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

That's why I'm glad I'm Polish. Nobody expects anything of me.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Something tells me Karen's maiden name is hard to spell...

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by It's me Karen » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:18 pm

sardis wrote:Something tells me Karen's maiden name is hard to spell...
heh Actually, that name wasn't but my mom's was.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 pm

It can't be as obtuse as the last name of Duke's basketball coach.

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by GBJs » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
As I told Hack, Jerusalem should not be missed... is it too late for you to join the Navy?...
I've trained with the Navy, and really enjoyed the experience. Everybody was some kind of technician. I enjoyed the break from vigorous physical training every morning. And I burst into laughter when they told me that officers eat in their own chow hall, and are served at the table by specially trained enlisted men in white coats, with china and silver. And E-7+''s and up have their own chow hall, minus the servants and china. Now THAT was a culture shock.

I'm going to Ireland this summer, but hope to go Israel in 2013. I'll use my Irish passport so the hostage takers will leave me alone.
What they didn't tell you was, You shoulda seen the Air Force. E-5 and below have it as well as the Navy Chief re...a dining experience. Once you hit a staff NCO billet? Well... Besides, nothing trumps floating on large grey things and taking a shower when you have to hold the button to get water. We did have hot water, plenty o steam to heat the water when yer shooting aircraft off the pointy end.
Worth. Every. Cent.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:51 pm

I always liked Churchill's summary of British naval tradition: "Rum, sodomy, and the lash."

And I agree with your assessment of the Air Force. I visited Eglin AFB once, and their lower enlisted housing looked better than those of Army mid-grade officers. Even in a war zone, they had ridiculously high living standards. At a joint Army/Air Force base in Saudi Arabia, they put guards at their PX to keep Army people from entering and buying all their stuff.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

The Air Force is the future of our military and they have known this for years.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 am

They are also hopeless wimps. If they don't get their cable tv and air conditioning in a war zone, they act like Jet Blue pilots.

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by GBJs » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 pm

You can always tell a Navy pilot from an Air Force or civilian trained pilot. The Navy guys don't see any sense in wearing out all of the runway when you can stop an aircraft in 300 feet.
Even in a war zone, they had ridiculously high living standards. At a joint Army/Air Force base in Saudi Arabia, they put guards at their PX to keep Army people from entering and buying all their stuff.
They should have to live on a ship. For just two weeks they should have a two inch mattress on a metal rack which is the top of your primary storage locker. I do miss the flight deck.
Worth. Every. Cent.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 pm

To an Army guy, hearing a Navy guy poke fun at Air Force people for having an comfortable life, is downright funny.