College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by puterbac » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 am

Gee what a shocker...

EXCLUSIVE: O'KEEFE VIDEO EXPOSES VOTER FRAUD-FRIENDLY POLICIES IN VERMONT

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... %20Vermont

The video, a sequel to O'Keefe's "Primary of the Living Dead" in New Hampshire, shows a Veritas agent entering various voting places around the state of Vermont, giving a different name each time. Each time, he is given a ballot without showing an ID, to his disbelief.

In the video, the agent repeatedly requests (but does not take) a Republican primary ballot. As he explained to Breitbart.com: "We wanted to remind viewers this is not a partisan issue. This is a situation wherein anyone -- Republican or Democrat -- can exploit the system."

The new video follows in the wake of a highly-politicized media attack on Mr. O’Keefe after his exposure of voter fraud in New Hampshire. Those videos resulted in calls from the left for O’Keefe’s arrest. However, the videos soon resulted in the New Hampshire State Senate passing a new bill requiring voter ID.

O'Keefe's new video from Vermont could not be more timely, coming the day after the U.S. Department of Justice's civil rights division blocked a Texas photo ID requirement for voters--to the applause of the American Civil Liberties Union, which claimed that the law was “discriminatory” against “Latinos, African-Americans, elderly citizens, and others.”

As the Project Veritas video shows, the current system in Vermont discriminates against actual legal voters, who must face the prospect of disenfranchisement by those who would vote in their stead illegally, or have their votes cancelled out by those voting illegally in place of deceased voters who have yet to be removed from the rolls. If it is not discriminatory for Vermont citizens to be required to show ID to get married or buy alcohol, it is certainly not discriminatory to make them show ID to vote.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 am

Palin. Pelosi. Hillary/Chelsea. They've all been the subject of vile misogynist attacks. Unfortunately it goes with the public-figure territory. One of the downsides of living large in the political arena.

Fair-minded people know the difference when a relative nobody like Fluke gets that kind of treatment.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 pm

How about Palin's daughters? They are all supposedly non-public people. But that didn't stop the joke about a 13 year old daughter being raped at Yankee stadium, or the other daughter who got pregnant out of wedlock. Can you imagine those kinds of jokes about Obama's daughters?

And how about all the slime that was slinged at all Clinton's women? They were all nobody's. But that didn't stop the attacks on them, such as Carville saying, "If you drag a $100 bill through a trailer park, it's amazing who you'll get."
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Palin's daughters - yes. The Bush girls - sure. Chelsea Clinton - you bet. Limbaugh himself even described 13 yr old Chelsea as "the White House dog," among other things. Family's of the high muckity-mucks are targets too. Maybe they're quasi-public figures..

Anyway. Some on the right have a backbone.

Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said Limbaugh's statements were unacceptable "in every way" and "should be condemned" by people across the political spectrum.

U.S. Representative Ron Paul (R-TX), running for the party's presidential nomination, said that Limbaugh's comments were "over the top" and that his apology was not sincere.

George Will condemned the verbal attack and suggested other Republicans were scared of Limbaugh.

David Frum, former special assistant to President George W. Bush: "Limbaugh's verbal abuse of Sandra Fluke set a new kind of low. I can't recall anything as brutal, ugly, and deliberate ever being said by such a prominent person and so emphatically repeated. This was not a case of a "bad word choice." It was a brutally sexualized accusation, against a specific person, prolonged over three days."

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Chelsea Clinton looked alot like Webster Hubbell...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:47 pm

puterbac wrote:
If it is not discriminatory for Vermont citizens to be required to show ID to get married or buy alcohol, it is certainly not discriminatory to make them show ID to vote.
Makes sense to me. If you don't want the mandatory picture ID, then don't vote. Or get married, or buy booze.

Same thing with mandatory liability insurance. If you don't want it, then don't drive.

Same thing with mandatory workers comp. If you don't want it, then don't work (or hire).

Same thing with mandatory health coverage. If you don't want it, then move to Mexico.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

sardis wrote:Chelsea Clinton looked alot like Webster Hubbell...
fair

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Palin's daughters - yes. The Bush girls - sure. Chelsea Clinton - you bet. Limbaugh himself even described 13 yr old Chelsea as "the White House dog," among other things. Family's of the high muckity-mucks are targets too.

So if the children of presidents are fair game, then you wouldn't have a problem if Limbaugh starts telling jokes about Malia getting raped by a baseball player? That would okay with you?
Chelsea Clinton looked alot like Webster Hubbell...
More like Janet Reno. Web was chubby.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
Palin's daughters - yes. The Bush girls - sure. Chelsea Clinton - you bet. Limbaugh himself even described 13 yr old Chelsea as "the White House dog," among other things. Family's of the high muckity-mucks are targets too.

So if the children of presidents are fair game, then you wouldn't have a problem if Limbaugh starts telling jokes about Malia getting raped by a baseball player? That would okay with you?
Which player? I'd just as soon it wasn't a Brave or anybody in the NL.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

A-Rod.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Jeter. She'll get a nice gift basket and a signed ball.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 pm

The Truth about Fracking

From the February 20, 2012, issue of NR.

By Kevin D. Williamson

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... amson?pg=1

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 pm

bluetick wrote:Palin. Pelosi. Hillary/Chelsea. They've all been the subject of vile misogynist attacks. Unfortunately it goes with the public-figure territory. One of the downsides of living large in the political arena.

Fair-minded people know the difference when a relative nobody like Fluke gets that kind of treatment.
I'm sorry what derogatory things were said about Chelsea/Hilary/Pelosi that is anywhere close to on par with what slings and arrows have been directed at Palin?

And if something was said it was condemned like Limbaugh has been while media ignored Palin and her family being trashed.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:A-Rod.

The yankees just aren't that funny anymore. Ever since the Big Stei went to that big owner's box in the sky.

Look prof - no doubt you were butthurt by what Letterman said about the un-named Palin daughter. But it was one line and Dave apologized the next day.

Otoh Rush harangued that poor young woman for three whole days - slamming her at least 50 times. And she's a relative nobody. At least concede that much.

Hell, Joe the Plumber stood up to Obama and nobody harangued him for being a sex deviant. I think at most he was accused of not actually being a plumber (apparently he was using somebody else's state license).

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

puterbac wrote:
bluetick wrote:Palin. Pelosi. Hillary/Chelsea. They've all been the subject of vile misogynist attacks. Unfortunately it goes with the public-figure territory. One of the downsides of living large in the political arena.

I'm sorry what derogatory things were said about Chelsea/Hilary/Pelosi that is anywhere close to on par with what slings and arrows have been directed at Palin?

And if something was said it was condemned like Limbaugh has been while media ignored Palin and her family being trashed.

Here ya go, puter. Limbaugh's Greatest Misogynist Hits.....featuring Chelsea, Hillary, Nancy, & Michelle

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201203050015

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Ok, this has to be Chinese gov't bullshittery, right? I mean the Longshoremen certainly didn't say something like this, right?

"Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao was given the award on Friday in Boston by the International Longshoremen's Association in appreciation of China's strong support of job growth for US workers."

If so, my head is going to explode...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/usa/world/ ... 762323.htm

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm

There's still Bill Maher calling Palin "a dumb twat" and a "MILF" and "c__t" and her Downs Syndrome baby was the result of sex with John Edwards.

There is nothing remotely like that kind of stuff by conservatives against liberal/democrat women. Not even close. Yet there is still no theatrical liberal feminist outrage.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Can someone explain to me why Paterno deserved to be fired and showered with scorn and suffer complete humiliation in his last few months of life but the media seems to be protecting Jim Boeheim? Every clip I see of him, he sounds like a complete dick or horse's ass. That program's about to go through the NCAA's grinder, he had a pedophile on staff just like Paterno, but the criticism of him isn't even a fraction that it was with Paterno.

How come?

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm

He's a Democrat and it's expected?
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Santorum wins both AL and MS.

If he keeps winning, Romney might consider appointing him to his cabinet.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.